Xyth Era I, Book I : Dragon Berserker

Talk about anything not necessarily related to NULLL or games.
Greywing

Xyth Era I, Book I : Dragon Berserker

Postby Greywing » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:21 pm

The first part of the Xyth storyline is finally in a state that i wish to share. I'm not a writer, but i enjoyed creating this text a lot and i think the story itself is interesting enough to be made available. I hope the quality of the writing doesn't affect the enjoyment of the story.

This first part introduces a few key characters from the larger storyline, but it's not a science-fiction story. It takes place on a world within the Xyth galaxy, called Jeorth, whose inhabitants live in a time similar to the middle ages on Earth. In a sense, the text could be labelled as 'high fantasy'. It's a relatively long text as well, with more than 290.000 words, which would put it around 900 pages in common print formats. The pdf version tries to mimic such a format and actually ends up at 1000+ pages.

Download locations of the e-book (in pdf and epub formats) and some additional imagery can be found on the wiki here : http://nulll-void.com/games/wiki/doku.p ... th:xera1_1

What's next?
I've started working out a few ideas that might become Xyth Era I, Book II, meaning that it takes place on the same world. Book I is spread over a relatively short period of time (less than 1 year for the most part) and in small part of this world. Book II would focus on many things that came before and resulted in the problems that the characters in book I encounter. At the same time this second book introduces more science-fiction elements, as large parts of it are told from the point of view of a Technomancer and a Xyloxi.
The part of the story that is tied to my games is also being worked on, and will likely end up being two seperate volumes (so technically Era II, Books I and II).
Seeing that this first text took me 3 years to create (though it happened during a time where i was working on HD3), it's too soon to say which part of the larger Xyth storyline i'll work on next, and how long it would take for it to be made available.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
zeratul225

Re: Xyth Era I, Book I : Dragon Berserker

Postby zeratul225 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:53 pm

hey man, I follow your stuff for a long LONG time and i was interest in the developing of the lore you are doing here, i was curios about this book and and i read it, and well, it's not what i have spected, i came for flying spaceships exploding and i found a fantasy love history, i must say i'm impressed, and in the begging i was exceptical, and didnt like it much but, then the whole thing started to develop quiet good, and in the end i can say i really enjoy it, it really hooked me, thanks for all the effort, i know writting is not easy, and even if there are some thing that should be edited or adjusted, this is something i would like to read about more in the future!! keep up the good work!! by the way this first era history put humans and ca'anians on the same planet, so they know each other before humans coming to xyth? (tecnomacer hands? humans walking trought rifts? or just a magical hand put them togethger?) i must say i never really liked the ca'anians, now i wanna know more about nekomimi commanders xD
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:29 pm

Hey, sorry about taking so long to approve this post - recently got a new PC and some things still need setting up.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
The scifi stuff is yet to come, but i wanted to do this part first as it introduces the main characters for the scifi portion. Era I is planned to have 3 books, the second is developing nicely, but it will likely still be a while before it's finished. Part 2 explains the involvement of Technomancer and Xyloxi, but also focusses more on the political developments prior to the events in book 1, explaining how the Ca'anian there became exiled etc. Part 3 wraps it up with a final stand against the demons on the planet.
Then comes the scifi stuff which currently is still in early phases, but i have a lot of short bits written down already.

I can't say too much about the humans and Ca'anian in the story, since this is something that is explained in the first scifi book. But since that one is still a long time away, it comes down to this : they are not the same humans and Ca'anian than those in the scifi part. The galaxy where all this takes place has many inhabited worlds, and humanoid lifeforms are relatively common. Later in the story, the main characters end up as proper human and Ca'anian, as they're known in Hidden Dimensions, but how that happens i'll leave to the books to reveal.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
Joacobanfield2

Postby Joacobanfield2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:51 am

This is a VERY ambitious project Mr.Greywing!

... you have my full support. Yes, I'm still alive.
I write some stuff...
Like this.
http://my.w.tt/UiNb/KDovSKMsPB
JackBell

Postby JackBell » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:34 am

Greywing wrote:Hey, sorry about taking so long to approve this post - recently got a new PC and some things still need setting up.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
The scifi stuff is yet to come, but i wanted to do this part first as it introduces the main characters for the scifi portion. Era I is planned to have 3 books, the second is developing nicely, but it will likely still be a while before it's finished. Part 2 explains the involvement of Technomancer and Xyloxi, but also focusses more on the political developments prior to the events in book 1, explaining how the Ca'anian there became exiled etc. Part 3 wraps it up with a final stand against the demons on the planet.
Then comes the scifi stuff which currently is still in early phases, but i have a lot of short bits written down already.

I can't say too much about the humans and Ca'anian in the story, since this is something that is explained in the first scifi book. But since that one is still a long time away, it comes down to this : they are not the same humans and Ca'anian than those in the scifi part. The galaxy where all this takes place has many inhabited worlds, and humanoid lifeforms are relatively common. Later in the story, the main characters end up as proper human and Ca'anian, as they're known in Hidden Dimensions, but how that happens i'll leave to the books to reveal.

This sounds so cool. I can't wait to read all of them.

Return to “General Talk”