Xyth storyline

Talk about anything not necessarily related to NULLL or games.
Greywing

Xyth storyline

Postby Greywing » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:08 pm

I've continued writing after finishing the first novel that's been online for a while, and ended up restructuring the story.

The novel started as a short story, an introduction of sorts before the main story began (the one with all the science-fiction stuff), but it grew in size and I ended up with more than 275.000 words (though a proper edit would remove a good number of them again, but that's for later).
Once finished with this 'short' story, I wanted to start work on the main story, for which I had been writing down ideas and scenes for a good while now, but there was still plenty of stuff that could be told within the setting of the short story. After all, this story spans only a period of some 9 months (excluding the first and last chapter), but a lot happened to bring the world this takes place on to the state it was in at the start of the story. I worked all that stuff out and ended up with a history of about 130 years. The original idea was to release this as a second novel, after the first one.
While working on the second book, I realised I wanted to add imagery to both books. I also didn't like the idea that it might take years to finish the story, meaning it would take a while before I could make it available. Thus grew the idea of creating some form of episodic release format that sits halfway between a webcomic and a webserial.

So, the book I've written will remain offline, it will be edited as needed, since some things no longer need explaining in that section of the story as the preceding history will explain it instead. What was originally planned to be the second book, will be released first to keep things in chronological order. Eventually, what was in the novel will appear in this new format as well.
The current plan is to release one page (a mix of comic and text) each week. If possible, I'd like to move to two pages per week since careful estimates tell me I could have somewhere around 750 pages for both books, but I need to do more tests first to see if this is possible - a fair bit of work goes into all this.
The first page should go online in the first week of January 2019, most likely friday the 4th.

Here is where you can follow the story (title page is already up) : http://www.nulll.net/xera

The two books will be merged into one long story, which I'll refer to as the first era of Xyth, or Xyth Era I : Jeorth. For the most part this is fantasy, taking place on a world similar in technology level as Earth's middle ages, but several things from Hidden Dimensions will be present, including one legend.
The part of the story upon which most of Hidden Dimensions was based will come later (much later, probably) and will be a seperate era.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
Joacobanfield2

Re: Xyth storyline

Postby Joacobanfield2 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:15 am

One legend...

I'm going to go ahead and bet on Chyriax.
I write some stuff...
Like this.
http://my.w.tt/UiNb/KDovSKMsPB
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:50 am

One of the main characters, Suhekazu, is a member of the Lioxae species (previously know as Technomancer*). I've uploaded a large image at deviantart - have a look here : https://www.deviantart.com/lesserangel/ ... -767833228

* I won't be using the Technomancer name any longer in the stories. When I came up with the term I figured it was original, but it turns out it was already used in fiction writings at that point, and since then more media have used the term. I believe there's even a game now that's simply called Technomancer.
SVC - NULLL games.
Joacobanfield2

Postby Joacobanfield2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Oh WOW! Nice drawing.
Also, TM--->LX. No problem there.
Maybe the legend is the actual TM named TM?
I write some stuff...
Like this.
http://my.w.tt/UiNb/KDovSKMsPB
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:24 am

Nah, the legend is Chyriax.
SVC - NULLL games.

Return to “General Talk”