Hidden Dimensions Conversion for Starslayers

Talk about anything not necessarily related to NULLL or games.
DMsChoice

Hidden Dimensions Conversion for Starslayers

Postby DMsChoice » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:59 pm

My task of creating a little P&P-conversion of Hidden Dimensions has begun. At this point I want to present the result of my first experiment: Converting the Caes'Cix Soldier Drone (and Swarm Leader) into Starslayers-Stats.
At the moment, its just a first draft. And since Starslayers is a German table top RPG, it's only in German for now. But it's not too much text yet. If someone likes, he may - possibly - employ a translator tool?
Basically, however, it's just meant to show that I got started! :D
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcafblfz3zjdqvy/SSFW_Xyth_DieCaesCix.pdf?dl=0

If someone wants to know more about Starslayers and is possibly interested in downloading the game rules (And more! For free! No registration needed! :) )
, you can find everything here.
http://starslayers.de/
(Art credits to: MyHysteria)
Greywing

Re: Hidden Dimensions Conversion for Starslayers

Postby Greywing » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:04 am

I remember looking into Starslayers before - the sheet looks familiar somehow.

Looks like a fair bit of work will go into this. A lot of detail for just one ship so far.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
DMsChoice

Postby DMsChoice » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:08 pm

Don't worry about that! :D
I mean, I didn't even convert one ship with this, but two :) Just by assuming that a Swarm Leader is similar enough to a Soldier Drone, that I just need to change the special abilities a bit to get the one out of the other. And I can do that with several ships with a similar "hull type".
Also, I do not intend to convert every single ship to Starslayers (at least not right way). My plan so far is to start with a presentation of the Caes'Cix as a race of "space monsters", which can serve several different purposes (enemies, allies, strange occurence...) even in a "standard" Starslayers game. If they resonate well with the community I might expand from there on. I'd also like to provide some background for the Caes'Cix, probably filling gaps with my own ideas. But whatever I'll write down about that I will give you to read first.
In my experience, getting started is usually the hardest part. If you get a thing going it usually becomes a bit easier, once you know what your doing. Right? ;)
(Art credits to: MyHysteria)
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:08 am

Heh yea, I feel the same way. Getting started is the most difficult. Then once you're on a roll you wonder why you didn't start sooner.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.

Return to “General Talk”