alternitive theories

Talk about anything not necessarily related to NULLL or games.
User avatar
idea bulb
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 am

alternitive theories

Postby idea bulb » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:27 am

this area shall be devoted to providing new theories and contributing back-story and history to the universe Graywing has created. this area is not only for me but for all who have ideas about the Xith universe.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
User avatar
idea bulb
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 am

Re: alternitive theories

Postby idea bulb » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:40 am

one of my theories is that the :rd: were once the :rl: that because of a lack of energy all of their mass was turned into energy to fuel the ship. even though the :rd: no longer had a brain or a heart they were still alive! their conciseness or someone who was religious would call the sol was not destroyed in the transformation and then and there the first Rift Daemon was born.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
User avatar
Wv_Hawk_vW
Posts: 1442
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Cali to Tex to Indiana
Contact:

Re: alternitive theories

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:42 am

Want any ideas? check out the role play of the past and present:

The Ongoing battle between the Circle and the Alliance

The Wrath of Skurjm
Discord: WvHawkvW#6491.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
User avatar
DEEP SPACE
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:10 am
Location: Somewhere on Xyth core.

Re: alternitive theories

Postby DEEP SPACE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:49 pm

I guess from where you get the idea, but all the info about the storyline might by puted on the wiki sooner or later, the info about the 8 most bigest races is recently puted.


@Hawk:
Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:Want any ideas? check out the role play of the past and present:

The Ongoing battle between the Circle and the Alliance

The Wrath of Skurjm


Those are independient stories based on the storyline.

What is the next story?
I known that is for chrismas, so is about a "huge crystal chrismas tree". ;D ;D ;D
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!


My image collection - My game profile
User avatar
idea bulb
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 am

Re: alternitive theories

Postby idea bulb » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:59 pm

thank you but what about designs and history for the ships and structures as well and I am meaning theorizing the them for each ship and structure. I do not believe that there has been very many contributions to that. am i correct?
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
User avatar
DEEP SPACE
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:10 am
Location: Somewhere on Xyth core.

Re: alternitive theories

Postby DEEP SPACE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:30 pm

idea bulb wrote:thank you but what about designs and history for the ships and structures as well and I am meaning theorizing the them for each ship and structure. I do not believe that there has been very many contributions to that. am i correct?


No, you are wrong.
Ship, structures and also actions will have on the future info about its desings and history.
For now, only Vector and Nagato ships has it information on the wiki.

Vector

Nagato



If you have another questions, contact and send a PM message to the "veterans":

Greywing
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!


My image collection - My game profile
User avatar
idea bulb
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 am

Re: alternitive theories

Postby idea bulb » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:38 pm

you probably did not know this but this area is for YOU to think about ideas for the Xith universe.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
User avatar
DEEP SPACE
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:10 am
Location: Somewhere on Xyth core.

Re: alternitive theories

Postby DEEP SPACE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:46 pm

This topic is about thinking.
Why do not you tell me before? :D

But i don't have any ideas now.
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!


My image collection - My game profile
User avatar
Kuro
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 pm
Location: France

Re: alternitive theories

Postby Kuro » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:50 pm

DEEP SPACE wrote:If you have another questions, contact and send a PM message to the "veterans":

Greywing
-other people edited out-


All of these people except Greywing, if asked to answer questions about the background other that what is already present in the wiki, would have to invent things of their own. If you want "facts" (canon backstory) about the Xyth universe, which is Greywing's universe, only Greywing can answer, assuming he has already had the time and will to think about every detail of his world, which I doubt.

What can be explained by anyone are things non-specific to the Xyth universe, like generic spaceship design and science stuff (although Xyth has gone a bit too far for mainstream science to apply).

Then people can always come up with material of their own, like theories about things belonging to Xyth, but that will still be nothing more than theories (fan fiction).
User avatar
idea bulb
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 am

Re: alternitive theories

Postby idea bulb » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:01 pm

that is the point, for people to think and come up with their own ideas to be determined by equals (because all people are equal) to be either correct or incorrect.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
User avatar
Chyriax
Posts: 656
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: alternitive theories

Postby Chyriax » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:15 pm

we can also spout any information that we already know, but it is normally accompanied by the words "check the wiki." the only way we are equals here is in that we cannot dictate what is right and wrong. only greywing is capable of deciding what information goes in and what does not. true, we can say some things are/are not possible by the physics that we know, but in a sci-fi setting, particularly one like this, hard physics gets a little murky. you try talking about anti-grav generators and explain what they can and can't do.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
User avatar
Kuro
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 pm
Location: France

Re: alternitive theories

Postby Kuro » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:25 pm

idea bulb wrote:(because all people are equal)

It is supposed to be so IRL, but here we are on a forum dealing with games taking place in an universe invented by a single person. For something to be a fact (=correct) in this invented universe, It has to be viewed as being a fact by the inventor himself and no-one else. Greywing being this inventor, he is technically our "superior" in determining what is right or wrong in his own universe.

There is nothing wrong with people coming up with ideas of their own, except that only Greywing can finally judge whether or not they could fit in his backstory or not.

Other few people (some of the "veterans" perhaps) could possibly say they think that an idea feels right or wrong, but ultimately the last word about it will be Greywing's word.

As long as people tag their ideas as fan-fiction, no problem.

Chyriax wrote:in a sci-fi setting, particularly one like this, hard physics gets a little murky. you try talking about anti-grav generators and explain what they can and can't do.


It is usually wiser not to try to explain things too much, unless you are a senior theoretical physicist. At best you can hope to come up with something about which a physicist could say "why not", but more often it will be a "that's unlikely" level, or even a "contrary to our current understanding of the universe" level :p
Last edited by Kuro on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
idea bulb
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 am

Re: alternitive theories

Postby idea bulb » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:32 pm

there are circumstances where that is not true. take the game submachine for example it was created by one person yet there are countless theories about said universe. why can we not have multiple ideas here?
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
User avatar
Kuro
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 pm
Location: France

Re: alternitive theories

Postby Kuro » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Yes, theories. Ideas. Not facts. Not correct, only hypothetical, plausible at best in the invented universe. Facts and truely correct things are Greywing domain.

(I know this is mainly a question of playing with word definition, but I like to try to be exact on this matter :))
User avatar
idea bulb
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 am

Re: alternitive theories

Postby idea bulb » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:40 pm

very few things are facts or truths. take newtons laws of physics for example, they are scientific laws, they are not facts. a new idea might come along and replace said laws with itself. what is defined as facts depends entirely on your own opinion.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
User avatar
Greywing
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:47 pm
Contact:

Re: alternitive theories

Postby Greywing » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:41 pm

The wiki indeed will contain the 'true' version of the story. Huge parts are still missing and it will take a while before a more coherent version of the background story will be online. Quite some of the details are also still to be written or currently only exists as rough drafts.

But don't let the wiki keep you from coming up with your own stuff, be it stories or rpg'ing as is already being done in this subforum.
I'm not going to moderate that stuff and tell you if it's wrong or right. Creativity is at its best when not obstructed. As Kuro said, as long as people don't go claiming that their version is the 'real' 4th Moon of Xyth story.

If you desperately want more info about Xyth, there's the old site with some info that hasn't made it in the wiki yet :
http://nulll-void.com/4thmoon/epilogue/index.htm
It also contains some links to older images and some animation tests (though some links no longer work).

Then there's the attempt at a novel/travellogue, which is basically the second big chapter of the xyth storyline. It's only 30% complete and i haven't worked on it in a long while, but it does have a lot of info about xyth, it's ships and inhabitants. Beware of drawn out sections about pseudo science and hard scifi :p
Pdf : http://svc.nulll-void.com/misc/aeon01/aeon01.pdf
Chapter 2 pretty much sums up the end of the first big chapter in the xyth storyline, namely the escalation in the RV-CC war that sees all races except TM and RD involved.

I'm actually a hobbyist-theoretical amateur astrophysicist (if such a thing exist) or 'nerd' for short :p
Wait till you hear my theories on channelers and multi-dimensional space, not to mention the fabric of reality.

I edited the posts above as it's generally not a good idea to encourage PM'ing random people :p
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
User avatar
PenneyRZ
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Re: alternitive theories

Postby PenneyRZ » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:47 pm

The bigger question is "What is the value of a theory when the fact of the matter is known?"

Take gravity, for instance. One could make up a theory that things just like to be on the ground to explain why stuff that goes up generally comes back down.

However, it is scientifically proven that large bodies of mass pull things toward themselves which also explains why there are tides and why earth stays in orbit around the sun.

What is the value then of the theory that things just like to be on the ground?

Many would argue that the value of this theory is pretty much zero.

Right now, if anyone wants to know how the rift demons were created they can just ask admin and get the verbatim truth as it exists in the world of HD. There is no need to create a theory about it because nothing is unexplained by current knowledge.

Right now, Admin's words on the matter are definitive. Whatever he says is the 100% truth. Just like back when the common religious knowledge was that the sun went in circles around the earth. Except this time it is reversed. Everyone knows for 100% fact that the earth moves around the sun as does everything else in our star system and the alternative theory is that the sun really does revolve around the earth.

This is why everyone is rejecting the whole concept of an alternative theory outright.

Everyone just excepts that there doesn't need to be an alternate theory because in the world of HD everything has already been scientifically proven because Admin says it is. In this world, that carries the weight of the best possible scientific testing.
PenneyRZ
User avatar
Kuro
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 pm
Location: France

Re: alternitive theories

Postby Kuro » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:52 pm

idea bulb wrote:very few things are facts or truths. take newtons laws of physics for example, they are scientific laws, they are not facts. a new idea might come along and replace said laws with itself. what is defined as facts depends entirely on your own opinion.

In our "real" universe, the only fact about physics is that there are actually no facts at all. Only theories, which are called "laws" when they seem to be correct enough. Only to be replaced by a better one after a time.

However the creator of a fictional universe may do whatever he/she decides. It is seemingly a fact that faster-than-light travel exists in the Star Wars universe, or that Dimensional Gates and extradimensional species exists in the Xyth universe.
User avatar
Greywing
Posts: 3097
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:47 pm
Contact:

Re: alternitive theories

Postby Greywing » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:02 pm

The way i see it, theories and laws are indeed capable of mathematically explaining things the way we see them - but that doesn't always mean that's how reality works.

Everything potentially works or breaks apart right at the start, based on your view of reality (by which i mean the container wherein the effects that are being turned into laws are being observed). Some say reality is infinite, i say it's not - some laws still work fine in either case, some break down.

The general idea that gravity exists and works is there. What exactly is the cause of gravity is much more shrouded in mystery.

The interesting thing about theorizing in a logical, intelligent manner is that you are creating possibilities. In a finite universe with finite possibilities, it's possible to uncover all it's workings, laws, etc, in a finite amount of time. Every theory adds to that in being right or wrong.
In an infinite universe you'll never be sure that the workings or reality will ever be turned into laws by any intelligent species. Gravity might only exists in our observable universe, and unless you managed to observe it in all of the universe (impossible if its infinite), you can't reliably say that it exists anywhere.
(Simplified since once i get going on the subject i don't stop :p )
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
User avatar
idea bulb
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 am

Re: alternitive theories

Postby idea bulb » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Now that all the argument over weather you can create your own theories is over, again I ask, what are YOUR ideas and theories about the Xith universe and all beings and creations inside of it.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.

Return to “General Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest