Ta'yawhans in progress

Talk about anything not necessarily related to NULLL or games.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Ta'yawhans in progress

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:09 am

I know, greywing isnt going to use the ta'yawhans. so all my work is going to go to waste, right? well, perhaps if I create everything for him, and all he has to do is imbed it into the game, maybe that will get his attention.

I have taken the liberty of starting this work already. Heres their symbol

and heres their energy logo

Discord: WvHawkvW#6491.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
Kuro

Re: Ta'yawhans in progress

Postby Kuro » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:37 am

But why are you focused so much on having your race actually added to the game ?

There is no problem with designing new things based on your ideas, you only have to accept that they will most likely stick to being side stories (fan fiction).
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:14 am

Because I have some very good ideas.

Here's a card I would like them to have...

Ta'yawha
Legend
14 bio 2 :hu: 2 :ca: 2 :xy: 2 :cc: 2 :rv: 2 :mt: 2 :tm: 2 :rd:
when dies, is reshuffled
gives all allies +2/+4 a turn; base loses 8 hp a turn
9 bio: drains 1 of each energy. if you have at least 1 of each energy left, destroys target structure.

Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:21 am

mmm.....hawk, i completely understand that you want this race added. provide greywing enough info and he might even add it to the lore, but it is impossible to add to HDS. another race would be a pain to balance out, plus the havoc it would cause to multicolor decks. for example a ninth color would change ancient converter from +3 energy to +4. 8 races are programed, and adding another would require tearing apart most of what has been worked on so far. if you just use the existing races and combine them, then it classifies as relic, which greywing has specifically stated that he doesn't want to become a major race.
i do support having more to work with for storyline purposes, a race that greywing doesn't have to lift a finger to create would probably hasten the completion of his universe, but i can't say that putting it into the games would be all that easy.

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:
Kuro wrote:
Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:because I'm working on a HUGE document explaining why we should have the ta'yawha and showing a hell of a lot more work than greywing has put into any one race

"More work" is not equal to "good work".

yeah, but do you know what the inside of tarynn'ixia looks like? how about hiraga? nagato? maybe a battlecruiser? RV nanobot carrier? technosavant? no? you'll at least know what the inside of my ships look like. other than warring, what are the RV like? you can't tell me. I am developing a culture for the ta'yawha, and even a language.... you can't say that about greywing's work.

don't be in such a rush to see all this. greywing has a whole universe to put to paper here, thats much different from one race. he will continue on his work, and eventually these will come to us. besides, most of the cultures can be infered anyway. since humans are humans, do you need to hear much more there? CA seem to get along with the humans without severe cultural differences, so they are probably similar. CC and RV are both in hives, so just compare them to similar species on earth(insects) for an idea of how they operate. i admit not much is stated concerning XY and TM culture, or how they think, but XY does comunicate with HU and CA, so there should be some similarities there. MT and RD apparently don't think too much anyway, and if they do, it is stated that they prefer to operate by themselves, so compare to human caveman days, where it was take what you need when you need it, no need for anyone else. external images of XY, MT, and RD are all we CAN get, unless you want to be eaten by an MT, and i think greywing is working on the rest, however slowly. as for language, HU is probably english, just because that is the most common language on earth currently, CA likely know english if they can talk to HU, XY and CC are known to use telepathy, MT and RD likely use telepathy if they do comunicate at all, and ,at a guess, RV use scent, just like most insects. greywing could say more about any of these, but i can at least say what logically fits the information we have about them.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:09 am

I also have a suggestion: the next hidden dimensions be called omnichrome. in other words, all color. This suggestion cant possibly be implemented without reworking the entire UI, which is why I'm not asking this to get into spectrum-- just the HD series. and I dont want it to get its own game, I want it to actually be in a hidden dimensions game.

Hierarchy of the Ta'yawha. incomplete, as the president has nothing and there are currently no ranks for the actual troopers.

Ta’yawha
Emperor President
Czar 1-3
Warlord 1-5
Lord 1-5
PLM Kai 1-10

Also note that First kai/third lord vegas is ta'yawhan, but because of their tech, can look like an RV.

space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:37 am

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:...Also note that First kai/third lord vegas is ta'yawhan, but because of their tech, can look like an RV.

Well, so you're saying that the ta'yawhans are already in the mix if one of their own is with another race? The TM already have contact with them. In my mind, she's a TM and pilots TM ships. However, if the TY are already involved in the war...

I also have an idea for another race. Can I post it somewhere?
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:23 am

I would like to discuss it with you, first off.

and second, I was thinking the TY would just move their spies in, then when they think the time is ripe (war is NOT ripe) then they move in. if they think they wont get a planet, they wont move in. if they think the races arent open to something new, they probably wont move in unless something forces them to land on the nearest habitable planet.

And yes, the technomancers already made contact. only a few, however, have; the ones that have got great benifit from not telling anyone about the ta'yawhans, including the ability to technoscan (which got stolen by dozens of other technomancers, who had it stolen from them, and soon every technomancer had it). the TY have made contact with Gravitalis and solaris, and about a hundred dozen other rift demons, none of which even know the xyth galaxy even exists. they havent met with the xyloxis (the TY are from so far away the xyloxis have no idea the ta'yawhans even exist) and although they met with the MT, none of the jelly blobs have survived to tell the tail, assuming they have communication.

I will PM you my email so that you can reply with your own, and then I can share my TY document with you.

space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:12 am

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:Because I have some very good ideas.

Here's a card I would like them to have...

Ta'yawha
Legend
14 bio 2 :hu: 2 :ca: 2 :xy: 2 :cc: 2 :rv: 2 :mt: 2 :tm: 2 :rd:
when dies, is reshuffled
gives all allies +2/+4 a turn; base loses 8 hp a turn
9 bio: drains 1 of each energy. if you have at least 1 of each energy left, destroys target structure.

Some improvements to the legend:

1. Change cost to X bio, Y :rl:, equal to or less than Greater Rift Demon
2. 2nd ability is overpowered, and worse for you than Voidbringer
3. Change cost of 3rd ability to either a. 6-8 bio (same as Ultranought), or b. 1 of each type of energy

As is, it's too :rl: to belong to a single race. First ability is OK, and give its attack/defense.

edit: On the TY hierarchy, the holiday story mentioned 1st Private and 3rd Private. Maybe add these in?
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Just so it's clear. I'm not planning on adding new races to HD - it wouldn't fit with the storyline and it would be a lot of work with no guarantee that it will make the game better. Even if i were to start from scratch on the next HD game, i would still be able to borrow lots of code from HD:S (just like HD:S borrowed from HD1). Adding in a new race would really mean start from scratch and i'm not planning on doing that.

The storyline my games are based on has been in the works since 2001-2002. I'm not changing it. The universe where all this takes place in, is vast, but thus far everything exists as a large collection of notes and unfinished texts. It'll be a huge work to sort all that out and get it into the wiki, so this will take time.

I'm also not accepting other people's stories for inclusion in 4th Moon nor as the base for future games (unless i'm being employed so-to-speak to create a game for someone, but then it won't be a NULLL game).
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:51 pm

"the universe is large, vast, and complicated and sometimes impossible things just happen and we call them miracles" quote from Doctor Who. I am not sure why a new race can not be included because the universe is unimaginably large and your saying that there are only eight different sentient species? give me a break! there must be more sentient species even if they are from a different galaxy.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Why should i change something that has been in the works for almost 10 years? I'm not saying that besides these 8 races my universe is lifeless - it's these 8 races that play an important role in the story and the games that are based on it. You're talking about changing the fundamental structure upon which the entire story is based.

The story keeps on evolving, though, and if there's a need for future races - i will create and add them. Not anyone else. I don't need anyone's input on this matter.
SVC - NULLL games.
idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:50 pm

the game is named hidden dimensions, and since there are theories that there are more then one dimension of time is it not possible for them to come from other dimensions of time?
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Those theories are not compatible with the theories that govern the universe of the story. Besides i already have plenty of lifeforms coming from other (spatial) dimensions in the story.
SVC - NULLL games.
idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:16 pm

do tell, if you have these ideas show them so that the people will tell you weather they agree or disagree with your ideas.
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:20 pm

I got an idea. Everyone who wants to have their own races can just make their own game.

Nobody needs to agree with or disagree with Greywing's ideas, he is the sole creator and owner of all HD content.
PenneyRZ
Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:21 pm

providing some pre-made info for greywing was a nice idea, but greywing wants this universe to be his own creation entirely, and i respect that. we can give only what help he will take, and forcing more than that will only end in disaster. we can offer assistance, but we can't force it. like penney stated, greywing is the sole creator and owner of all HD content, and it is his to do as he will with it.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:33 pm

I have a strange dream about Ta'yawhans:

I was playing HD Spectrum on a PvP battle between Wv_Hawk_vW.
I use a HU/TM deck, but Hawk is using a TY/RV deck. :p

This is a very short dream. I changed the "brain chanel"; and dream other thing.
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:35 pm

if your dreaming about a computer game you are either (a addicted to the game or (b have too much free time on your hands.
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:43 pm

I have already mentioned several times that the story will end up on the wiki sooner or later. It took me almost a year to write the 300 or so pages of the novel i attempted at one time and that is only a fraction (4-5% estimated by possible book size) of the entire storyline.

This is a purely creative work, even though there are some of my astrophysical theories at base of it all. So i don't the approval of others and don't care about wether or not someone likes it or agrees with it.
SVC - NULLL games.
idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:48 pm

then why don't you place this book or whatever you have completed of it on this website and let those who enjoy your work look at it in order to let them tell you what they like, what they don't like, and what needs to be explained better.

Return to “General Talk”