Birth of a legend

Talk about anything not necessarily related to NULLL or games.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Birth of a legend

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:00 am

Somewhere in the xyth galaxy; sometime during AX 64

Penney: Prepare the device.
Greywing: protomatter is stable. hypermatter is holding a steady state of speed. antimatter is held within its shield and the nuclear matter's radiation is not leaking.
Mobius: we better hurry, the supernova is--
Underling: oh shit!
*the supernova swallows xyth*
Underling1: damn, I cant believe the ca'anian supernova has reached all the way over here!
Underling2: all the more reason to solve it before it consumes the galaxy!
Penney: quick! launch it launch it!
Vegas: its taking its sweet old... oh bloody hell!
Penney: vegas, what's wrong?!
Vegas: the supernova is generating a highly localised EMP!
Penney: *penney stands up* that's not the supernova's fault...
*just then, an extremely large and obviously new ta'yawhan superbattleship comes out of hyperspace*
Loki: whatever it is you are doing, penney, you must stop.
Penney: we are simply saving the universe, now if you please--
Loki: I'm not buying any more of your crap! prepare to die!
*loki fires an omnidestructor torpedo; it passes through the heat shield and impacts the generator*
Underling: direct hit on the shield generator.
Penney: treet, can we fire back?!
Treet: no. I did not design the cheetah with combat in mind, we had less than 5 minutes to design it either.
Penney: dammit! try to outrun them!
Mobius: if we put the device through too many G's--
Penney: divert power to G force reduction around the bomb!
Treet: sir! our outer hull is melting!
Greywing: attempting to compensate!
Vegas: WHAT THE F--
*they barely dodge another omnidestructor torpedo*
Penney: Loki are you out of your mind?! we have a protomatter bomb that if you detonate will be made useless!
Loki: whatever its for is obviously malevolant! you killed my family!
Penney: you are WAY outside ta'yawhan jurisdiction loki!
Loki: do you think I truly give a damn?!!! target their bomb with a hypermatter missile and detonate it!
Mobius: NOOOOO!!!!!!
*mobius takes control over the Cheetah and makes them dodge the missile*
Vegas: careful! we nearly caused it to start destabilizing!
Loki: Bring us about!
Underling: we cant turn away fast enough sir!
Loki: aww hell I knew I shouldn't have taken a crappy mercury class superbattler... *loki's superbattleship is consumed in the supernova; it accelerates after consuming the star inside*
Penney: Vegas! put the pedal to the medal with that damn bomb!
Vegas: it has destabilized admiral! I cant stop it from detonating!
Penney: I DONT CARE THAT ITS DESTABILIZING LAUNCH IT IMMEDIATELY!!!
Vegas: yes sir!
*the torpedo launches from the cheetah; it explodes just prior to hitting the supernova*
Penney: argh!!!!
Treeet: and our production fascilities were on xyth too!
Greywing: waaait a minute im getting a reading here...
*the explosion implodes on itself*
Mobius: gravitational readings are... th-they are are off the scale!
Penney: alright hyperdrive us out of here. *seemingly nothing happens* why aren't we in hyperspace?!?!
Mobius: er... we are sir!
Treet: the engines arent capable of outpacing a black hole once we are in the event horizon!
Penney: teleport us out of here!
Mobius: subspace cannot be accessed!
Penney: space fold, destination irrelevant!
treet: space is too compressed to fold!
Mobius: sir! *mobius starts preparing for exposure to the vacuum of space* our engines are giving out!
Penney: everyone to the--
Greywing: they will be crushed sir!
*the hull starts crumbling*
Penney: shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit why cant we get out of here?!
*the entire ship gets pulled in; the entire ship is crumbling to pieces, however mobius activates an extremely high powerful antigravity field around himself. he enters the black hole*

Earth, California, somewhere in death valley, AD 2107, july 16

Penney: John why are you leaving!?
John: ask b--
*Brian storms out of the house*
Brian: John, you get your ass, back inside, NOW!!!
John: NO! Brian--
Brian: don't you brian me young man! your mother may be off planet, but I am still here to be your father!
John: well you ARE NOT MY GOD DAMN FATHER! *george decks brian*
Brian: pooh! *brian wipes blood out of his mouth* fine then! be an idiot! you will never be part of this family, you aren't even worthy of our blood! YOU, *brian points at penney* I told YOU to wash the damn car! how many god damn times do I have to tell-- *a brick shatters on brian's back; he turns around* YEAH YOU BETTER RUN! God damn!
Penney: *penney grabs the sponge and starts washing the hood of the car* jeez, this thing is an antique! why do I have to wash it? its not even his car... *penney starts scrubbing the hubcaps*I swear, your 14 years old, how are you supposed to do anything? Well, perhaps you can't yet. he's twice our size even with both of us standing on top of each other. hey! we can't do that! I know, but even if.
*penney opens up the door and starts dusting off the dashboard; he opens up the sunblock, and something falls out*
Penney: hey.... whats this? *penney picks up the car keys; he inserts them into the slot* Well, they fit. shall we turn it on? shut the door first. *penney shuts the door and buckles up* at least we arent the only ones with this extra size syndrome... *penney adjusts the seat to himself and buckles in* Hmm, what else? *penney adjusts the mirrors* Not bad looking, handsome. Now, how do you start this-- *the car's engine roars extremely loudly* LOCK THE DOORS LOCK THE DOORS!!! *penney locks the doors* Alright, no turning back now! *penney drives off just as brian runs out of the house*
30 seconds later
*the car radio rings*
Brian: hey there motherfucking ass hole! you get your damn ass back home, NOW! I dont care that you are the family's straight-A student! I dont care what your motherfucking bitch ass mother says! YOU LIVE IN MY DAMN HOUSE, YOU LIVE UNDER MY RULES! if you get even one motherfucking scratch on that motherfucking antique I am going to whip your as-- *penney turns off the phone*
Penney: dammit he curses like a sailor. doesn't he though? isnt that car engine a bit quiet lets put up some tunes. I wonder what he has? *penney turns on the music*
Radio: ...i need my machine! I can make'em eat a minigun, do a dance in their place, why you think i blow'em up, kick around the bodies, 'cause, i play game, game, game, game, game game!
Penney: aww hell yeah! my favorite! Hmm, we could sure use some wind, oh this is a convertable, right... *penney attempts to open up the hood; the leather top rips off* well, were in trouble now. were in trouble now that we got a scratch on his car, lets see how much more trouble, OH MY GOD THERE HE IS HEY JOHNNIE!!! *beep! beeeep!!! beep!beeeeep!!!!* *the car swerves but penney keeps it on the road*
John: What... in... the... flying... hell... is that kid doing??
Penney: oh my god oh my god this is so fun this is so fun!!!! holy shit 90 miles an hour already were going sooooo faaaassst!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!!!
Mobius: hey cop, wassup?
Cop: Oh, nothing much. just sittin' here, chomping on my donuts and-- *belch* and drinking my booze. *penney zooms by at nearly 150 miles an hour*
Mobius: hey cop! aren't you gonna do something about that?
Cop: *the cop picks up the binoculars* hell no, he isnt endangering anyone and besides hes getting away from his dad.
Mobius: hey cop, last time I checked, you were supposed to uphold the law around here.
cop: last time I checked, I could arrest you any time i wanted to because I AM the laaw.
Mobius: technically, I have the strength to throw you for 6 miles and the accuracy to land you right into your mom's bed. she is having fun in that bedroom of hers with some male whore she hired, would you like me to demonstrate? no? well too late because you just nodded! *mobius picks up the cop and throws him* you might land a a couple dozen meters off the mark, that would be the wind!
*the cop lands straight into his mom's bedroom; the couple are as shocked as he is at what the hell just happened*
Penney: oh my god this is so much fun oh my god this is so much fun oh my god this is-- *a siren sounds behind him; penney looks behind him, and sees nothing*
Mobius: *mobius, driving the hover-bike, moves up to penney's left; penney is looking behind him to his right* Citizen, pull over.
Penney: OH MOTHERGODFUCKERSHIT *penney turns the car right*
Mobius: what is that kid... hes admiral penney. I almost forgot. *mobius turns to chase him*
Penney: OH MY GOD WERE ALREADY BREAKING 200!!!!!
*the car runs over a fence*
Penney: did we just run over the military fence?! why is nobody but that damn cop chasing us? hell, why are we still moving?
*penney notices there's a cliff coming up*
Penney: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! *penney drops the car to bottom gear, turns it left, and leaps out of the car*
Mobius: oh god penney dont die *mobius hits his wrist panel; the gravity effecting penney is compounded by a factor of 20. he is still sliding off. its compounded by 50. he reaches the edge. it is reduced by half its natural strength. penney pulls himself over the edge and mobius releases the gravity control*
Penney: oh god, we are NEVER going to do that ag....
Mobius: citizen, what is your name?
Penney: *penney gets up* Problem officer? *penney puts on a troll face* My name is Penney del Froyale.
Is there a problem, officer?

Earth, somewhere in australia, 2114, december 31

Treet: I may be just a 17-year-old kid, penney, but I'm better at this than most hell I even designed a better plane than you did!
Penney: really? hadn't noticed.
Treet: oh are you going to pull that pegasus card again? look, that damn thing was a fluke! that was the pnnacle of your imagination pulled from the darkest reaches of your mind and slapped onto paper!
Penney: well, I was hoping you wouldn't pull me away from what I was planning on doing.
Treet: oh really? and what are you-- why am I asking a pervert this?
Penney: I'm taking the test. again.
Treet: WHAT?! you are taking the Farragut test again?!
Penney: well, doesn't it bother you that nobody has ever passed the test in its long and sad 70 year history?
Treet: look, penney, nobody passes the farragut test and nobody goes back for seconds, let alone fourths! you are already working on fifths.
Penney: look, I gotta study! *penney pats treet's shoulder and runs off
Treet: ...study, my ass!
Jane: penney, I think I love you.
Penney: oh, that is so weird.
Jane: what? Lights. *the lights come on* I say I love you and you say that is so weird?
Penney: oh, actually, I expected you to say that.
Jane: really?
Penney: that's why that is so weird! normally, you are about as predictable as my mom's husband when he's drunk! today, I expected that, oh right on time baby, at exactly 4:23 PM, you would say that you loved me.
Jane: oh my god. GET the FUCK out!
Penney: ok if you want me to leave then I'll-
Jane: no, stay. that phrase simply sounds less cheesy than the jee-tee-eff-oh.
Penney: i see. well, in any case, how much time do we have?
Jane: all of today and tomorrow.
Penney: well, great. listen, tomorrow, at 3:16 pm exactly, you are going to check your email in box. it has a message from me.
Jane: from you!! oh great!! how did you get my email?
Penney: that's confidential, I'm afraid.
Jane: well, what does it say?
Penney: no, no, i cant say it its its too awkward to say in person.
Jane: oh come on, penney...
Penney: trust me, it is very sweet, and--
*knock knock*
Jane: oh my god someone is at the door.
Penney: who?
Jane: just-- quick! just get under the bed!
Penney: why?
Jane: I promised my room mate that I would stop bringing guys over.
Penney: what?? how many--
Jane: just-- just... *penney gets under the bed and jane repositions herself to look like she just rolled over* Hi.
Hoshi: hi.
Jane: how are you?
Hoshi: I'm fine.
Jane: what's happening?
Hoshi: oh, nothing. I was just at the space lab, doing listening duty. apparantly, someone illegally broke into our computer archive and accessed confidential information, namely, contact information. we have been investigating who, but from what we could tell the person that did it was all the way in india.
Penney: *thinking* thank you, jenna.
Hoshi: we couldnt track it down beyond that. after nearly 4 hours of trying, my superior officer told me that I was going to recieve a bonus and sent me back here.
Jane: so, you aren't going back to the lab tonight?
Hoshi: *hoshi stops changing clothes and turns around* Jane, who is he?
Jane: who's who?
Hoshi: the mouth breather hiding under your bed.
Penney: *exasperated* you could hear me breathing?!
Hoshi: YOU!
Penney: Big day tomorrow.
Hoshi: Get OUT!
Penney: jane loves me.
Hoshi: I said, get out!
Penney: if I pass will you tell me your last name?
Hoshi: no, now get out! and take these with you!
the next day
Hoshi: we are recieving a distress signal from the USS Farragut, they have struck a pirate land mine and are requesting assistance.
Penney: Farragut is requesting assistancee..... captain.
Treet: we are in greek water.
Penney: yup.
Treet: shouldn't we, i don't know, fire back?!
Penney: nope. *crunch*
Treet: ...of course not.
Yuri: he's too ralaxed, is he not taking this test seriously?
*the testers shrug*
Penney: alert medical bay to recieve all crew members.
Treet: penney, we cant even get to them.
Penney: alert medical.
Jane: penney did me!
*all the little schoolgirls start to squeal, but they keep themselves from giving jane away*
Heather: how big was he?
Jane: uhh, flag pole sized. and it is... 3:16 now, so I should be checking my email.
*jane goes to a computer terminal and opens her email box*
Jane: george, george, george, george, ryan, george, george, lepelier, lepelier again, lepelier yet again i cant believe he overdid fixing that typo, george, george, george, george, john, george, penney, george-- wait, there it is. *jane opens up the email*
Email: Hey, jane, I love you. good bye.
Jane: ....what the fuck? that's it?
*the lights flicker and the computer screen gives her the blue screen of death*
Yuri: What the--?! What's going on?!
*the lights come back on*
Penney: hmm. arm torpedoes, prepare to fire at the cruisers.
Treet: penney, their armor is still polarized and their interceptors are still energized.
Penney: are they? *crunch*
treet: er... derp... no. they aren't.
Hoshi: I don't understand. why did the turks stop firing?
Penney: fire on all enemy cruisers, one torp each should do, lets not waste ammunition.
Tactical: target locked.
Penney: fire when ready.
*all 8 of the enemy cruisers start sinking as soon as the explosion occurs beneath them*
Penney: pew, pew, pew. begin rescue. SO, we have managed to eliminate all enemy ships, nobody on board was injured, and the successful rescue of the farragut crew, is, underway. *crunch* *penney faces the camera* Well?? is that it??
Yuri: how in the hell did that kid beat your test?
Mobius: *dumbfounded* I... do, not, know.
*the next day*
Yuri: Ensign Penney, I... I don't know what to say, except that you are really the only person to ever beat that test.
Penney: Thank you.
Yuri: and to top it all off, your solution was, shall we say, most unique.
Penney: thank you again.
Yuri: you are awarded the gold medal for completing the test successfully. gold is really all we have, because nobody has ever beat the test.
Penney: thank you again.
Yuri: you may be seated. NEXT!!
Announcer: and the person to recieve the next award is...
Jane: penney, I know what you did.
Penney: What i did?
Jane: you used my email address to plant a virus into the simulation computer.
Penney: isnt that impressive, though? thanks for covering my ass, now they think it was legit. besides, it was, and now I have this gold medal I can brag about in the future.
Jane: yeah, well...
Penney: look, I am the only one to pass this test. doesn't that say something about me? I look at a problem and find a solution and if there is none, I make one.
Jane: huh, I never thought of it that way.

Code: Select all

only jane and penney know that penney used a virus to beat the test. now that penney has said what he has, jane's not goint to tell their secret either.

Oh, and by the way, we can keep this going at the same time as we do the merged circular alliance, I would like that to happen. this is something fun to add to penney's back story.

also of note, mobius's name means infinity; he comes out of the black hole in approximately BC 1000 and re-enters it at approximately AD 6000 earth time. his infinity loop is 7000 years long.
Discord: WvHawkvW#6491.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
space-mariner51

Re: Birth of a legend

Postby space-mariner51 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:16 am

Is this happening alongside the Merged Circular story?
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:44 pm

well, merged circular happens approximately 3000 years (ok, 5 to 40 years because the humans were in stasis for 3000 years) after birth of a legend. we will be doing both roleplays at the same time, because they are two different settings with similar characters (penney, for example, is currently somewhere in his 20s). I hope we give equal attention to both, but really, i also want to give the general idea that penney is a genius level highly skilled elite commander and has been sinse day 1.

Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:55 am

greywing: ouch.
penney: *stands up* what happened?
vegas: not sure, were alive though
greywing: judging from the star charts it looks like........well, we are near earth, but its about 3000 years of stellar drift reversed, so we are orbiting what you call pluto 3000 years in the past. i think its....about a year before your people started throwing nukes and dumping out waste. wanna see?
penney: why not
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:42 am

Penney: before we do anything else--
Vegas: already on it.
Greywing: lets get to work!
Treet: on it boss.
Penney: aren't you even going to let me say what I was about to say?
Treet: it's obvious that the first thing we need to do is repair the ship immediately. we are venting atmosphere, big time.
Greywing: your brainwave patterns made it obvious that you were trying for the first thing that popped into your mind.
Vegas: we know you all too well, penney.
Penney: if you know me so well, *penney sits down, leans back and puts his hands behind his head* You know what I'm thinking now.
Vegas: no. I'm NOT making you a sandwhich. that is a steriotype that died on earth when the humans left; lets leave it dead.
Penney: aww, c'mon! heh, you are no fun at all. *penney pulls out some lemon juice and puts it on his eyes* AHH!!!
Vegas: now THAT was your fault.
Penney: I... gahh... I wanted a few tears not for my eyes to be set on fire! AHH!!! AHH!!!
Treet: oh, you crybaby... *treet takes a bucket of water and throws it on penney's head*
Penney: well, that at least helped.
Greywing: uhhh, where's mobius?
Penney: *penney pulls out his communicator* Penney to mobius. Mobius, respond. *no response*
Treet: i just located his beacon. its dead ahead of us.
*the cheetah goes to the beacon*
Penney: my god it's crushed like a tin can!
Greywing: worse, I don't think mobius survived. look.
*greywing reveals a large gap in the hull; its sealed by a makeshift shield generator*
Treet: THAT I am goind to solve right now.
Penney: After repairing the damage, we are going to observe earth from afar.

Penney: Ini adalah Kapten Penney kapal australian amerika dikenal sebagai Pegasus. Mengidentifikasi diri. Jeezuz indonesian is a pain in the ass.
Pirate: Menutup wajah fucking Anda Anda ibu-sialan lubang pantat.
Penney: Bersumpah tidak akan membuat Anda di mana saja. memungkinkan hanya mendapatkan ini selesai. Tactical, target their engine with the main guns and fire.
Tactical: Aye sir.
*the pirate ship sinks like its made of lead*
Penney: What is your name, lieutenant?
Tactical: Call me Junior.
Penney: why?
Junior: just do it.
Penney: ok then junior, resume scanning the area for any pirates.
Junior: detecting a surfacing pirate. wait a minute, its not showing up on most of my scans...
Penney: evasive action!
*pegasus turns away just as a submarine shoots torpedoes; most of them miss, and the one that hits simply rocochets off the armor*
Penney: Fire torpedoes at that sub and arm the guns with sub-surface--
*the submarine surfaces; it looks like a modified version of the pegasus*
Penney: quick! unload all magazines on them!
*the sub fires several shots that hit the turrets on pegasus*
Penney: what's left? aww hell
Junior: I'll--
Penney: stay at your post, I'm going to take the navigation console. hit them with torpedoes!
*pegasus fires torpedoes at the sub, but it surfaces and evades them*
Penney: who are these guys?!
Junior: more torpedoes!
Penney: intercept them and take manual control over the extra interception lasers and use them to shoot back!
Junior: sir! they have hit our armor polarizers! we are vulnerable!
Penney: order engineering to get them back online!
*the submarine surfaces*
Penney: they are targeting the bridge!
Junior: we are heavily armored up here!
*the bullets bounce off of the bridge*
Penney: scan them!
Junior: scanned!
Penney: target their reactor and destroy them!
Junior: sir, doesn't that--
Penney: it's our only hope for survival! I'll take care of the political repurcussions later!
*the interception lasers and torpedoes hit where junior thinks the reactor is*
Junior: sir, they are still being powered!
Penney: you didn't hit their reactor!
Junior: Yes i did!! look!
*penney sees the diagram; they did indeed hit what looks like the reactor*
Penney: odd. KEEP FIRING!!!
*the submarine hits them in a critical spot with energy beams*
Junior: ...I have no idea what the hell just hit us but it would have passed straight through polarized hull plating if we had it!
Penney: dammit! everything's offline!
Junior: Not everything, they are hailing us.
Penney: put it on speakers!
Speaker: This is Commander Penney of the british imperial ship Pegasus. Identify yourselves and explain why you sunk our scout ships.
Penney: this is captain penney of the american/australian ship Pegasus. Doppleganger, YOU explain this attempt at deception and explain your hostile intentions!
*Pegasus fires lasers at the submarine*
mirror: HAH! you think you can even damage me that severely?!
Penney: as a matter of fact, we are a bunch of idiots who are futile.
*pegasus RAMS the submarine, but the submarine takes minimal damage*
Mirror: Now THAT is accurate! target their primary reactor and destroy it.
*the bridge shakes for several seconds*
Mirror2: sir! their reactor is heavily armored, possibly more than even their bridge! all ordinance used up! we were only able to cause it to start venting radiation!
Penney: alright troopers, start throwing!
*the soldiers start throwing grenades off the edge of the ship, and most of them land near the submarine. they start exploding*
Penney2: SUBMERGE! SUBMERGE!!!
Underling: altitude control systems inoperative! we cannot dive!
Penney2: fire neutron beam at their reactor!
Underling: sir, the radiation will feedback along the beam!
Penney2: do we have any shells left?!
Underling: guns inoperative!
Penney2: BAH!!! get us out of here, best possible speed!
*the submarine rides into a hurricane just as it forms*
Penney: replace the bridge crew. *pegasus pursues the submarine, but it disappears in the hurricane; seconds later, the hurricane dissipates and the submarine is gone*
Junior: I have no trace of the submarine, or any of the pirates.
Penney: odd.

nothing more on penney2 and his crew. they returned to the parralel universe, and the two universes won't collide for another 3000 years.

DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:42 am

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:Image

There is no problem if you din't mention "01001010 01000010" (This can ruin the decense of this forum :p )
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 am

Penney: mister president, quite frankly--
Stephan Hawking: quite frankly, you are in no position to be begging me for a ship, penney. when the general briefed you, he should have--
Penney: when the general briefed me!? nobody briefed me on anything!!
Hawking: come on. walk with me.
*penney goes with hawking*
Hawking: since you missed the meeting, nobody got around to briefing you on your next assignment, and now, here I am, doing their job, for them. sometimes i wish being a president was more of a bureaucrat's job instead of a job nearly identical to fatherhood.
Penney: ok, but--
Hawking: don't talk, just follow. *hawking kneels and opens a panel in the ground* close the hatch when you enter. *hawking enters and penney follows, closing the hatch and it looks like just another panel of grass* what you are about to see is top secret, I'm not about to give you the speech, but do NOT tell your girlfriend.
Penney: i dont want to anyway, i have about 568 girlfriends.
Hawking: good for you, penney, you seem just the captain i need. step into my office, here. *hawking pushes penney into an elevator, steps in, and closes the glass door; then he grabs the handle, twists it, and stands back* what you are about to see will either amaze the hell out of you or make you sick. if it makes you sick, you are not fit for the job.
Penney: woah!
*penney and hawking are zooming into the sky in a space elevator*
Penney: holy shit! how did you hide this?!
Hawking: I didnt. the cable is thin enough that you can't see it in the sky without a specialized set of binoculars, and the outside of the elevator is the same color as the sky. the chances of someone seeing it are ludicrously low.
Penney: Wow!
*soon the elevator reaches it's destination, USS Phoenix*
Hawking: welcome to the first military ship, USS Phoenix. it was built in an attempt to cull the defenders of earth. they are going overboard with trying to get everyone to stop polluting the earth, and they are threatening to nuke everyone.
Penney: the idiots! don't they know the nuclear bombs will make the earth even harder to live in than before?!
Hawking: agreed. careful, the gravity systems on this piece of gold aren't exactly powerful. in fact, they are practically non-existent; some people have taken to simply putting their information pad somewhere mid-air, hovering over their desk-- oh, here is the bridge. see the nav console?
Penney: is that...?
Hawking: yup, he's letting it hover mid-air while doing his work. Now, sinse you are captain, ahem, Captain on the bridge.
*everyone stands and salutes the captain*
Penney: uhh... oh, right. *penney salutes the president and everyone laughs* seriously, though, gentlemen, as you were.
Hawking: As you can see, captain--
Penney: same bridge, different layout. uh.... where's the engineering section?
Hawking: if you hadn't interrupted, here is engineer treet--
Penney: Treet!? you are on this flying brick as well?!
Treet: THIS IS NOT A GOD DAMN FLYING BRICK!!!!! for YOUR information, buster, it could launch from the marianas trench, go straight to mach 10 air-speed, fly out of the fucking water, leave the atmosphere, come back into the atmosphere, re-enter the water, and land right back into the marianas trench! a space shuttle could BARELY fly around.
Hawking: I suggest you don't insult treet, he designed this vessel personally, oversaw building it, and he knows the ship inside out.
Penney: ...right. so can this ship wipe your ass?
Treet: if you are too lazy to use the toilet paper, as a matter of fact, yes.
Penney: seriously?
Treet: I included that feature simply to cull the phraise "it's got everything but the ability to wipe your ass" by giving it said ability.
Penney: alright. what are the weapon's capabilities of this thing?
Treet: it's not a thing, it's--
Hawking: Treet!
Treet: sorry. we have included missiles, rockets, and lasers.
Penney: that's it? no guns?
Treet: we also included a space version of torpedo, but those things move ponderously slow despite their damage.
Penney: you wouldn't, ahem, mind firing a blank torpedo, would you?
Treet: do it, tactical, and launch a missile and a rocket while your at it.
*all three are launched; the rocket is faster than the missile and the torpedo is the slowest*
Penney: alright. detonated them, lets move on.
Treet: better idea. intercept them.
*the rocket and missile are intercepted, but the interception lasers reflect off of the torpedo. the torpedo also takes several interceptor missiles*
Penney: what the-- i said detonate it!
Treet: you can't. they aren't programmed to simply be ordered to detonate. that's one of the tactics of the D-O-E, hack into the missiles and order them to detonate prematurely.
Penney: intercept it!
*interceptor missiles fail to detonate the torpedo and it enters the atmosphere*
Tactical: interceptor banks are overloaded!
Penney: fire primary lasers! i dont want that thing harming any civilians!
*the torpedo creates a massive explosion*
Penney: i want to know how those torpedoes work, it appears they are the strongest weapon we have, and i also want to know why the hell you didn't design this ship with guns.
Treet: the reason we don't have guns is because this is a space ship. guns would cause the ship to drift in the wrong directio.
Penney: to hell with the drifting! it's minor even with all those bullets, due to the massive weight and size of the ship!
Treet: er...
Penney: this is why the military should let it's commanders help design the ships.
Hawking: I suppose you guys don't need my assistance with anything, I shall be heading back to earth.
1 week later
Tactical: sir, there's another D-o-e ship coming out of the atmosphere.
Penney: destroy it, too.
Tactical: firing missiles. missiles intercepted.
Penney: hit it with lasers and rockets.
*phoenix fires two rockets and fires a couple of poorly aimed laser rays*
Penney: what the flying fuck are you doing?! That's not how you attack!
Tactical: just following orders, sir--
Penney: you can't do squat! out of my way!
*penney accidentally throws the tactical officer across the room*
Penney: sorry about that, i forgot that we were in near-zero G.
*penney pushes several buttons on the console, and phoenix fires multiple lasers and launches about a dozen rockets*
Pilot: they evaded the rockets.
Science: their ship is just a basic sh-- HERE IT COMES!!!
Penney: evade! EVADE! roll the ship 60 degrees starboard!!
Pilot: uh, uh I mean aye s--
*an explosion rocks the ship but the other 6 missiles miss*
Penney: hmm, what is this? computer, activate full combat mode.
Computer: that action is not recomended. command cancelled.
Treet: command cancelled?! computer, authorize previous action, authorization treet 56-A!
Computer: that action is not recomended. command cancelled.
Treet: ugh! *treet opens up the computer panel and rips out the entire security section*
Penney: ok now. Computer, activate full combat mode.
*the lights flicker for a few moments and then come back online*
Penney: fascinating.
*phoenix lets the DOE ship overtake phoenix, then starts firing lasers from its many ports and hits the ship with 4 or 5 torpedoes*
Science: strange. why didn't that ship get destroyed?
Penney: because it's a battlesh-- *an explosion rocks the ship*
Treet: magnetizing the hull, i wonder if that des anything.
Computer: hull strength has been increased by 647.95%. *several more explosions rock the ship*
treet: incredible!
Computer: lasers inoperative. working on repairing them.
Penney: DAMMIT!!!
*phoenix fires several torpedoes and a few dozen rockets and missiles*
Computer: lasers are back online. Guns have been installed.
Penney: activate guns!
*phoenix aims all guns at the enemy ship and fires all weapons; ammunition belts are depleted while missiles and rockets deal massive damage. the torpedoes finally penetrate the armor and destroy the ship. phoenix continues firing lasers.*
Treet: uh, penney...
Computer: danger. laser overload. danger.
*phoenix continues firing lasers into the wreckage, and even fires them into the void*
Treet: PENNEY!!!!!
Penney: what?! is the enemy--
Treet: I think you got them!
Penney: really? *penney looks on the main screen, and realizes that he was firing at nothing* uh.... Tactical officer, you may return to your post. I apologize for my outburst a few minutes ago. *penney returns to his seat*

This is the same phoenix as the one yuri took command of in the start of the circle/alliance wars, however this version is much more primitive. it hasn't been upgraded to the lean mean fighting machine, however it is still very strong compared to other ships used by the defenders of earth who, by the way, are a predecessor to the guards of xyth.

Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:40 am

Penney: Scan that vessel. is it the one carrying nukes?
Science: no.
Penney: hail them.
Hoshi: hailing them.
Penney: This is the united states space battleship USS Phoenix. state your intentions.
DOE Cruiser: fuck you ass hole.
*the cruiser turns tail and starts firing it's machine guns to propell itself away*
Penney: go after them. avoid the machine guns' line of fire.
Pilot: aye sir.
*the cruiser turns around and starts firing artillery shells*
Penney: target the shells with intercepter missiles and keep them from even touching the hull.
Tactical: aye sir.
*phoenix fires interceptors at the bullets and none of them hit the hull*
Penney: retalliate with main lasers and guns.
Tactical: sir, they are charging some kind of weapon...
Penney: science! scan it i thought you said--
Science: my scans are being nullified! I can't get any data on anything right now, i couldn't even scan YOU on the bridge if i had to!
Penney: brace yourselves!
*a high-density proton ray scrapes phoenix's hull*
Tactical: emergency bulkheads are engaged, but that thing sent an EM pulse that disabled sections E through J!
Penney: evasives. I don't want them to hit us with that again.
*phoenix goes left just as the enemy fires it's particle-ray again, and the ray barely misses*
Penney: hit that energy device with full lasers and torpedoes!
*the torpedoes are intercepted but the lasers damage the particle ray*
Science: their weapon discharged in the wrong direction. I'm sure some of their computers have been fried.
Penney: scan their ship and attempt to determine any weak-- BRACE YOURSELVES!!!
*the weapon fires again; it burns the hull but the bulk of the ray misses*
Penney: dammit! we cant just sit here and do nothing! fire everything!!!
*phoenix fires all laser batteries, machine guns, and artillery cannons; the rockets rapidly discharge the enemy's interceptors, the missiles hit the bridge, and the torpedoes hit the primary weapon.*
Science: the weapon's energy readings have gone down to 56%. i dont think they can fire again.
*the weapon fires yet again and this time the lights start to flicker*
Penney: treet! secure the bridge! emergency power!
Science: my computer is fried.
Treet: not mine. the science computer is least essential and was the last to be secured.
Penney: how much damage did we do and what's left?!
Tactical: we pretty much crippled their ship, but most of their weapons are un-damaged. lasers are all we have left.
Penney: we didnt fire interceptors, did we?
Tactical: no, but--
Penney: extrapolate the position of their main computer and fire interceptor missiles at it. focus all lasers on its location.
*the computer gets obliterated, and the enemy ship completely shuts down*
Tactical: no energy readings anywhere except their engines, which are overloading as we speak.
Penney: resume patrol.

Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sun May 06, 2012 2:51 am

Penney: is THAT the vessel carrying the nukes were looking for?!
Communications: no, but its squawking similar IFF to our own.
Tactical: the weapons capabilities are similar to our own.
Engineer: they could be trying to decieve us.
Penney: lets assume they aren't. hail them.
Communications: hailing. they re responding.
Penney: put it on the main screen.
Camus: penney! nice to see you.
Penney: did you get a similar assignment to mine?
Camus: my ship got sunk and the estimated time to salvage it was nearly 9 months. the president showed me this ship, the Defiant, and he had me assume command.
Penney: makes sense. were going to need assistance in finding that ship with the nukes on it.
Camus: agreed. oh, and a status update: the pollution levels have dropped thanks to the doe's developing some sort of anti-pollutant agent. now they are threatening to nuke if we dont stop killing the whales.
Penney: didn't we ban whaling 8 years ago?
Camus: yes, but we cant enforce that law more than 10 miles off the coast and the US are the only ones with that law. the doe's are going to make that a law worldwide.
Penney: understood.

Tactical: d-o-e ship coming out of the atmosphere!
Penney: on screen.
science: it is of different configuration from the others.
Penney: is it carrying nukes?
Tactical: no. im starting to think the nuclear threat is a hoax.
Penney: destroy it any--
Tactical: particle weapons!
penney: evade!
*phoenix barely dodges the particle weapons*
Tactical: we got hit by... something! the sensors were fried and couldnt intercept the missiles!
Science: our atmospheric conditioner is being infiltrated by gas.
Penney: vent it out of here!
Science: I'm trying!
Tactical: they are retreating.
Penney: go after them!
Tactical: they are going at extremely high speed sir!
Penney: overload the engines if we have to!
Pilot: *cough* *gag* dammit! what's the override code!?
Penney: *hack* shouldn't you know!?
Science: *darth-vader-breath* here, let me.
*the science officer goes to the pilot station and overrides the safety restrictions; as he returns to his station, penney sees that he is wearing a gas mask*
Penney: everyone, equip masks! *hack!*
Science: only 6 people including me were able to equip masks in time to avoid the effects. everyone else can simply forego the masks as the gas has already effected them and they can breath more easily without them.
Pilot: we lost them, sir.
Penney: dammit!
Tactical: there's another D-O-E ship!
Penney: where did it come from?
Tactical: er... it came from the atmosphere.
Penney: again?
Science: I don't see any--
Penney: I do, now. there it is.
Science: do you see camus's ship?
Penney: no...
Science: hail them!
Penney: I'm in command here.
Communicator: the science officer didnt get gassed. hailing them.
Junior: yes, captain penney?
Science: junior! you've got to get out of here! the bridge crew thinks your a D-O-E ship!!
Penney: your talking to yourself.
Junior: captain camus had to go back on planet for something related to his mother...
Penney: lock weapons!
Junior: status of the phoenix.
Pilot: they have two missiles sticking out of their hull, and there is hallucinogenic gas in their atmosphere.
Junior: evasives!
*phoenix fires on defiant*
Junior: polarize the armor! prepare for battle!
Tactical: polarizing the armor. charging weapons.
*phoenix fires lasers at a weak spot in the armor; artificial gravity is disabled*
Junior: target their bridge and disable its ability to send commands, but do not destroy it!
Communicator: ahh!!!
*the communication center starts overwhelming everyone with signals from throughout the ship*
Junior: turn those damn channels off!
Tactical: I can't get power sir!
Engineer: captain! powers drained! main energizers out!
Junior: try auxillery power!
Engineer: aye sir!
*phoenix continues firing lasers and missiles at the defiant*
Junior: try missiles and such!
Tactical: aye.
*defiant fires missiles, rockets, and torpedoes at defiant, and they overwhelm the interceptors and start damaging phoenix, and phoenix's relentless ounslought starts slowing*
Junior: why the hell is penney firing on us!
Science: I believe i have an explanation. they are on a mission to find the D-o-e ship with nukes on it, and their atmosphere has hallucinogenics in it.
Junior: must have been sabotage.
Science: the missiles came off by themselves, i think they were injecting the hallucinogenics into their atmosphere.
*phoenix fires a single torpedo*
Junior: divert all power to lasers.
Tactical: too late.
Junior: hang on!!!
*the torpedo makes impact, and all consoles except science, communication, and captain explode*
Junior: engineering! what's left!
Engineer: just the batteries sir!
Junior: can we fire lasers?
Engineer: a few shots, sir!
Science: not enough against their hull.
Junior: what about ordinance?
Tactical: my console exploded, i bet they hit the ordinance chamber. besides, i cant tell them to fire.
Engineer: I can have auxillery power in a few minutes!
Junior: we don't have a few minutes!!!!
Penney: status of their ship!
Tactical: they are listing astern.
Penney: finish them. send them burning into the atmosphere.
Tactical: aye sir.
*defiant starts launching escape pods as the ship itself goes down in flames*

Friendly fire is terrible. penney has seen an entire starship destroyed by friendly fire, and this is that scene.

Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu May 17, 2012 5:58 am

Penney: I must apologize.
Hawking: no need.
Penney: no, I'm serious!
Hawking: you were under enemy-administered psychidelics.
Penney: so your going to drop charges?
Hawking: yes.
Penney: but...
Hawking: I suggest you go back to your ship. any moral issues you have are to be set aside. there's still that nuke ship to destroy.
Penney: ...alright.

Treet: penney, nobody could have done anything.
Penney: really?
Treet: whoever did that is obviously everyone's enemy.
Penney: well, apparantly, nobody cares.
Tactical: 6 D-O-E ships dead ahead.
Penney: On screen.
*3 d-o-e cruisers and a battleship are attacking 2 frigates, the frigates are unmarked*
Penney: what the hell are those guys doing?! hail them! and scan them while your at it.
the song track wrote:The final countdown

Admiral: penney! what a pleasant surprise! I was hoping i would be able to get rid of a pest such--
Lieutenant: penney, youve got to get out of here! that battleship is armed with nukes and your scans arent going to be able to penetrate the outer hull and--
*the transmission is cut off when the frigate is obliterated by a nuclear detonation*
Penney: well that confirms it! prepare for battle!
*the frigate fires electron cannons at the battleship, temporarily frying it's systems, while said frigate gets behind phoenix*
Tactical: the frigate is on our side. they are getting into a defensive position.
Penney: comms, transmit to that frigate on a low-band frequency to lower it's power systems to where it imitates having it's power plant destroyed. tactical, once the frigate has reduced its power to nothing, charge the primary engines, boosters, and all thrusters. penney to battleship, we surrender, repeat, we surrender.
Admiral: that was a bit easier than i thought. tactical, place a tractor beam on phoenix and bring it into the cargo bay, i want his crew executed and his ship scrapped.
Penney: fire all engines!!! fire lasers and missiles!
*phoenix charges and blasts the enemy battleship. somehow, the frigate is able to keep up even on low power*
Penney: bring us about and charge the main cannon.
Treet: the main cannon?
Penney: i thought you designed this ship! while they were doing maintenance to the ship, i decided we needed a little bit more oomph behind our firepower, something a little more hefty than just machine guns and lasers, missiles and torpedoes, so i added in a particle accelerator cannon, among other things. it's not quite as strong as the enemy's superweapon, but it can fire for over 3 consecutive days nonstop and it can vaporize a meteor bigger than the average car. charge the main cannon.
Tactical: aye sir!
*phoenix comes back, and the frigate stays in formation; the paser cannon charges*
Penney: fire torpedoes and missiles!
*phoenix fires the ordinance, but it fails to damage the battleship*
Penney: how much damage did we do?!
Tactical: even though i programmed them to penetrate the same spot that armor, it-- it-- it-- I DONT KNOW!!! it absorbed the shock or something!
Penney: is the phlaser ready?
Tactical: yes.
Penney: fire the main cannon!
*the phlaser rips through the battleship's armor and detonates 2 reactors*
Admiral: ARGH!!!!! penney has far more cunning than i would have guessed! fire everything!!!
*the battleship fires machine guns at incredible speeds and then continues with 4 missiles*
Penney: fire depes!
*phoenix fires detonation-penetration-bullets and they deal severe damage where the armor was ripped off the battleship's tender hide*
Penney: target that reactor with chainguns and fire!!
*another nuclear reactor is detonated, and the segment detonated is jettisoned*
Treet: no wonder they are so resistant to damage!

if this battleship were a Hidden Dimensions card, it would have 15 attack, 30 defence, 2 resist, 5 retalliate, and it would be cloaked.

Penney: fire napalm warheads!
*the the armor takes the napalm; cracks in the armor start spewing liquid fire, melting the armor, causing said cracks to grow*
Admiral: status of the-- THAT means the armor is buckling! fire experimental number 607!
Underling: 607 is not properly installed!
Admiral: we are running out of options and time is running out!
*the battleship traps phoenix in a tractor beam*
Penney: what the hell is this?!
Pilot: unsure, but whatever it is, we aren't going anywhere.
Tactical: i think it's a tractor beam!
Pilot: you don't say2
Science: i have absolutely no idea--
Penney: target the source of the tractor beam!
Tactical: its coming from too many spots!
Penney: try to cut the power, i suggest the main cannon!
*phoenix shoots in a specific spot and the tractor beam dissipates*
Tactical: we are free!
Science: the jolt said so!
Penney: Scan the ship!
Tactical: scanned!
Penney: target the primary reactor and hit it with a megaton torpedo!
*the battleship's primary reactor detonates, leaving a bit of a space hulk*
Admiral: we still have one last weapon.
Underling: you can't be serious.
Admiral: son, when i have taken my insanity pill, i am always serious. launch experiment 666!
Penney: we have disabled that ship. it had--
Communications: sir, the frigate is hailing us on maximum priority.
Penney: patch it through.
Captain: Target that build-up of energy in the battleship's hulk and hit it with everything you got, that's a doomsday weapon.
Science: I'm not picking anything up.
Captain: you idiot! don't you know to even look for radiosignals! it's too late!
Science: I'm getting a strange reading from--
*a massive explosion happens in the side of the space hulk, and a massive space worm flies out like a bat out of hell*
Penney: intercept that torpedo!
Tactical: that's no torpedo...
*the worm turns around and a giant ball of energy charges in it's maw*
Science: EMERGENCY EVADE!!!!!
*phoenix barely dodges an antiproton beam*
Penney: fire the main cannon!!!
*phoenix fires the phlaser, again and again and again*
Tactical: it just... bounced off, sir!
Penney: fire two megaton torpedoes and scan them!
*the megaton torpedoes don't even leave burn marks*
Science: the scans are reflecting off that hull, but i know it's pure neutronium.
Penney: we don't have the technology to make that!
Science: as a matter of fact, people could theoretically--
Penney: shut up! just shut up! no time for a lecture! can we find ANY weak spots?!
Science: no.
Tactical: they have us in a tractor beam!
Penney: engines at maximum, push the engines! break us out of the tractor beam!
Pilot: our power is being drained, sir!
Penney: we can't just sit here and get destroyed!
*the lights start flickering*
Science: it appears, captain, that we can just sit here and get destroyed.
*the frigate starts shooting at the worm, and the worm releases phoenix from it's grip and chases the frigate*
Penney: were free. we need to get that frigate out of there!
Tactical: our power is still drained!
Treet: I'm on it! nuclear energy is drained, but i can still get engine power.
Comms: they are hailing us.
Captain: i know what your thinking, penney, and that is unwise. I'm going to lose this doomsday machine behind the space hulk, and i will meet you behind the moon, but you must save yourselves! your ship is severely drained!
Science: i believe it would be wise to listen to him.
Penney: get us out of here, best speed!

Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:03 am

Penney: Captain targ.
Targ: captain penney.
Penney: please tell me you have something on that-- that-- demonic beast!
Targ: the admiral on that battleship was something of a nutcase, but he knew it. he used his insanity, and came up with some pretty impressive weapons. the doomsday machine that came out of his ship, it is basically a superior version of his own. it's smaller, it's lighter, its got the same amount of thrust, it's got GRAVITATIONAL thrust, it's armor is neutronium, it's exhaust comes in the form of dark matter, and best of all, it's got a superweapon that would put everything earth has ever invented, or ever will invent, to shame.
Penney: what do you mean?
Targ: the weapon has... capabilities that are beyond our scientists' comprehension. in just one blast of energy, and three separate times, the ship was able to not vaporize, not ionize, but annihilate solid asteroids amounting to nearly five times the size of earth. however, each time, it required refilling of it's capacitors in order to restart the reaction. we have no idea what powers the thing, but my guess is that subspace does exist, despite what the scientists think, and not only does it exist, but the doomsday machine runs on some reaction involving subspace.
Penney: oh, so your basically saying we are dealing with a planet-busting invincible ship that also happens to run autonomously and has an infinite lifetime. is that what you are saying?!
Treet: I want to see the ship myself. i want to see it's reactor and its superweapon, if i can replicate another version of it--
Targ: do you realize the chances of us capturing the ship without destroying it!?
Penney: using knowledge as a measurement, the chance that it will attack earth is approximately 99.935%, fudge a few oh's, and the chance that we can stop it at all, less than 2%. the chance that our stopping it does not render it impossible to study is less than 0.05%.
Treet: penney, did you seriously have to do that?
Penney: you gave me a computer chip to enhance my reflexes, but it has not been doing a thing to assist my reflexes, so i decided to repurpose it. now i can perform calculations that were previously humanly impossible.
Targ: we give our commanders something similar, but it's biological.
Penney: your science is far beyond our own.
Targ: indeed. anyway, despite our superior science, this was merely an alien probe.
Penney: I'm assuming that means your scientists can understand it but they won't explain it...
Targ: no. I used to be one of those scientists. i was the one who discovered the probe that crashed deep in the marianas trench.
Penney: so THATS what the defenders of earth were doing down there 8 weeks ago!
Targ: there's more. we estimate the probe is approximately six thousand years old. we found it using an experimental version of radar, i invented the magnetostatic discharge detection system. basically, it scans the planet's magnetic field by sending an energy bolt that traces the gravimetric field, and when it returns, a computer analyzes the magnetic impressions left on the bolt.
Penney: my god! you could scan the entire planet like that!
Targ: indeed, and we did. we know of everything that ever happened on earth, and we have a computer basically keeping watch for anything suspicious happening.
Penney: so basically, OH HOLY HELL i guess we can just forego trying to hide anything from you guys any more.
Targ: but all that's beside the point. anyway, there's a planetary killer on the loose, and the D-O-E are working to destroy it.

Archon: vector wings 1 and 2 to the left, 3 and 4 to the right, 5 and 6 on the above. surround that machine and destroy it.
Underling: Admiral, why are we deploying all of our most advanced fighter to destroy this thing?
Archon: we are practically deploying everything just to stop it. do you realize the power of that doomsday machine? one single shot could obliterate earth!
Tactical: my god! all those people, they were vaporized!
Archon: shields up! bring us out of the range of their weapons! hit that monster with artillery, and make sure we hold it's attention!
Pilot: I'm not sure we can-- *the pilot's console explodes*
Archon: get him to sickbay! *the admiral sprays the fire with coolant and moves the ship away from the space worm*
Tactical: shields were at maximum and were dropped to zero the instant we took that hit!
Archon: what was admiral nagato thinking when he launched this thing!?
Pilot: engine power is dropping rapidly, sir!
Archon: channel all power to weapons and fire what we can down the damn maw of that thing, start with heavyweights first!
Tactical: firing nuclear megatons! sir, two of them got jammed in the firing tubes!
Archon: eject the tubes!
Tactical: ejection systems nonresponsive! NOTHINGS RESPONDING!
*several explosions rock the ship*
Archon: get this viewscreen back online!
Computer: warning. severe radiation leakage.
Engineer: admiral, it's time to go!
Archon: this ship isn't just going to sit here! whatever happened, my wristwatch is still working, so it isn't a dampening field!
Engineer: at least get an envirosuit on!
*the engineer throws one to the admiral and starts putting one on himself*
Archon: now, lets get this viewscreen on!
Penney: status of the battleship!
Science: their power is extremely low, but it appears that everything is working, but at minimal energy level.
Penney: focus fire here, here, and here. that should get the worm's attention. fire interceptors on high energy, lets not waste too much firepower.
Tactical: but sir--
Penney: firing everything we have would be a waste of resources. I intend to conserve what we have.
Archon: gimme that spanner!
Engineer: admiral, is the viewscreen--
Archon: my god! that's phoenix! what the hell is penney doing?
Engineer: I don't know, but he's taking on the space worm with just his ship and-- is that one of ours!?
Archon: quickly! scan our subsystems, i need to know what's left!
Engineer: barely a megajoule left in anything. wait, no, a megawatt is being produced, somehow.
Archon: then we can charge the capacitors! if we can charge the capacitors, we can route power through the transformers and create a reaction, generate energy, we can get this ship moving, we can do something! i need engines, if we can get half impulse, quarter impulse, anything, we must get this hulk moving!!!
Engineer: aye, sir! most of the controll circuits are fried, though, im going to have to use the nav computer to replace the pilot console. it's going to be almost impossible to run with just one person.
Archon: you work on your miracles, I will work on mine...
Penney: status of that ship?
Treet: somehow, the ship is still generating a small amount of energy.
Penney: engines, i need full power. we need to keep outmaneuvering--
*the ship suddenly stops, lurching everyone forward*
Pilot: we're caught in the tractor beam!
Penney: targ, now!
*the frigate hits the doomsday machine with a few spacial charges; the doomsday machine tosses phoenix away and goes after the frigate*
Penney: energy readings!
Treet: minimal, but usable. were generating a usable amount, but--
Penney: make sure the doomsday machine can't deal a significant amount of damage!
Targ: captain penney, my ship is compromised. i am going to use an experimental device to transport my crew onto your ship, its a jury-rig so theres probably one chance for it to work.
Penney: targ, wait!
*targ teleports onto the bridge*
Targ: i am ordering the frigate to detonate now! *targ runs to the science console and switches the viewscreen to the frigate* i hope this works! *just as the doomsday machine is about to devour the frigate, the frigate detonates* it worked! the doomsday machine's power readings dropped by 2%!
Penney: but what about--
Targ: my crew is safe in your med bay. don't worry, my wife isn't going to try to get people to rebel against you.
Penney: fire a few warning shots at the doomsday machine!
*phoenix fires interceptor lasers at the doomsday machine; it turns and goes after phoenix*
Targ: you idiot! we're doomed!
*the D-O-E battleship fires a low power laser and the doomsday machine turns after the battleship*
Penney: only one defender of earth admiral could improvise that heavily! lets return the favor. target their engines and hit it with an energizing ray. shoot more missiles at the worm!
*the missiles get intercepted and the worm moves away from both ships*
Penney: shoot them a morse signal, tell them to stay away!
*the worm turns around and the walls start emitting a strange light*
Penney: what the...?
Science: the hull is being manipulated at a quantum level.
Treet: i dont know what the hell you are doing, but my engines are taking hell for it! stop it!
Tactical: treet, its out of their control.
Science: he's right. we have 6 science stations and none of them have any idea as to how its doing it, but the doomsday machine appears to be manipulating our hull to match its own. it's particles don't have enough material to make solid neutronium, so when its done, we will have hull breaches all over the place that we cannot seal, and in 8 hours we will be destroyed.
Targ: I had absolutely no idea that worm could do anything like this.
penney: can we fire?
Tactical: somehow, everything's working as it was before the process started, our weapons are still working.
Penney: fire the main cannon!
*phoenix fires the primary cannon*
Science: no effect sir! correction, the computer estimates we have just 3 hours left!
Penney: bad idea!
*2 hours later*
Penney: how much time.
Science: 56 minutes.
Penney: *click* metallurgy, anything?
Metal: nothing. we have tried all catalyzing agents, none have worked so far.
Penney: *clack* *click* physics, got something?
Physics: we have tried energy fields of all frequencies. no effect, sir.
Penney: *clack* *click* medical, how is the frigate's crew?
Medical: the patients are responding to treatment.
Penney: thank you. *clack*
Science: i think it's trying to manufacture another version of itself, sir, based off of how it's manipulating us.
Penney: is there anything we can do?
Archon: i believe ive found a solution, captain, and it requires my ship because even if yours were in prime condition, the explosion wouldn't be big enough.
Penney: whats the solution?
Archon: I've put my entire crew into escape pods. the battleship's rigged to detonate on remote command, and im going to drive it right down that thing's throat.
Penney: your mad!
Archon: look out your left window. im holding the remote controll.
Penney: still, that is a terrible waste of resources!
Archon: at this point, your ship will lose a lot of potential if you don't find a solution.
Science: i think i have found a solution, captain.
Penney: what is it?
Science: that is a living space worm, yes?
Penney: yes...
Science: I have been working on how it works. essentially, its a biological organism designed for space.
*the science officer goes to the communication station, starts pushing seemingly random buttons, and a few minutes later, the space worm disappears in a flash*
Treet: sir! the effects seem to have undone themselves!
Science: i basically transmitted everything we knew to the worm. it left when it got information on how to find others of its kind.
Penney: are you serious? thats ALL it wanted?!
Science: yes. my theory was correct.

Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:36 am

Hawking: so your saying that anything we say while on earth is observable?
Penney: that's why i had to kidnap you unannounced.
Treet: right before it disappeared, that space worm left over 500 terraquads of information on my computer.
Penney: terraquads?
Treet: oh. my apologies. one quad is four petabytes. a petabyte is 1000 terabytes, or a million gigabytes, billion megabytes, trillion kilobytes. i figure its just easier to measure things in quads than it is to speak in a language nobody can understand.
Penney: so basically, you are going to be studying purely from your computer for the next 10 years.
Treet: i studied how you managed to use your chip to calculate things so fast, and managed ti figure out a way to insert another one into me to process information at ultra high speed.
Penney: seriously? why don't you just give that to everyone then?
Treet: because i don't know if it's going to work yet. phoenix is still manufacturing that processing chip.
Penney: well, when you have it ready, let me know.
Hawking: well, we can't simply hold me hostage up here in space. that's not going to work. we need to knock out that listening post.
Penney: not going to be easy. the d-o-e are clearly technologically superior to us, not to mention they have numbers and superior ships.
Hawking: but you also have some people who are willing to go against the D-O-E's wishes. besides, you have general archon on your side, and you have a chance to study some of the doe's technology. i expect that, the fact that this is USS Phoenix, the fact that you are captain penney, and the fact that treet is capable of squeezing more out of this ship than anyone else, are more than enough to get this done.
*hawking starts heading out the front door*
Penney: but mister president!
Hawking: i have to appease the entire population of the united states. if you were able to use this one ship to kidnap me, you can do the impossible, and if you can do the impossible, then defeating the D-O-E's listening post.
*hawking leaves the bridge*
Penney: this isn't going to end well.
Archon: there will be much bloodshed, but we can end more if we can just stop the D-O-E from making good on their threats.
Penney: perhaps its time for another upgrade. treet?
Treet: yescommanderwhatisthybiddingmymasteriamgettingoverloadedUNPLUGUNPLGNPLGUUUUUUUU
*penney unplugs treet from the computer console; the plug sparks, and treet is launched forward, straight into archon's arms*
Treet: I was attempting to uplink myself into phoenix's computer. i think ive figured out a way to improve the main cannon, but i can guarantee shields in the next 4 hours, they will be vastly superior to any of that crap the defenders of earth can come up with. in fact, once i have built a shield generator, i can use data from it to improve our main cannon into something based off of the iron lance, and i call it the lance phaser.
Penney: you certainly seem full of energy. i expect shields in the next 2 hours.
Treet: challenge accepted! i will have them in the next 90 minutes or less, probably the latter!
*treet runs off the bridge*
Penney: you two, tell me what the hell happened to treet?
Engineer1: I planted a virus into treet's mind.
Engineer2: it was supposed to get him to start spending more time with his girlfriend.
Engineer1: instead, it seems to have utterly removed any motivation he has for being with jane.
Engineer2: and that's five bucks i lost to you!
Penney: thank you. i want the code to that virus in an epad on my desk in 10 minutes. dismissed.
*the two engineers leave the bridge, and a lieutenant comes on board*
Lieutenant: lieutenant Friday reporting--
Penney: ensign, your relieved. friday, i am going to need some pretty fancy flying out there.
Friday: what for?
Penney: can you maneuver a nimitz class carrier using just a car engine attached to a propeller?
Friday: nobody can.
Penney: what about if that nimitz class carrier had all the agility in the world, would you be able to avoid it's own newly-launched airplanes if they started attacking?
Friday: I might be able to do that.
Penney: do you think you can do something similar with this ship, only in the worst hellstorm of your entire life?
Friday: sounds like an interesting challenge. what kind of thing should i expect?
Tactical: two D-O-E battlecruisers emerging from the clouds!
Penney: friday, i'm going to need all the power you can give me.
Friday: engaging engines.
Penney: intercept the battlecruisers. hail them.
Communications: no response.
Penney: target weapons only. fire fire-bullets at them.
Tactical: firing sir.
*phoenix dives down and fires a huge broadside of weapons at the battlecruisers; phoenix then pulls up before it can hit the atmosphere*
Tactical: battlecruisers changing course to intercept.
Friday: matching course evasively.
*phoenix starts flying circles around one of the battlecruiser despite it's greater size compared to the battlecruiser*
Penney: when they said you were a hell of a pilot they weren't kidding! fire!
*phoenix rapidly destroys the battlecruiser it is flying around, and the other fires a plasma weapon; treet's shields stop the plasma*
Treet: shields are working! your pilot is pretty good, he managed to keep us going pretty well without shaking us up too much!
Friday: just doing my job. matching the other cruiser's course.
*phoenix starts flying in the battlecruiser's exhaust*
Penney: blast that other battlecruiser to pieces.
Treet: that was some quick manufacturing. lance laser is ready!
Penney: fire the lance laser.
*the lance laser fires, and the battlecruiser detonates as the laser makes contact with the power plant*
Penney: that is some hefty firepower!
Tactical: five frigates. no, make that five shield frigates and two artillery cruisers.
Penney: intercept. looks like they are onto us.
Science: sir! one of their ships is going after--
Friday: already on saving the president.
Lag warning wrote:the next link contains a video that has been making me lag. if your computer isnt good with uncompressed videos, don't click it.

*phoenix drastically changes course, and as the artillery cruisers are firing at the president's shuttle, it starts dodging widely, but predictably. one of the shots hits the president's shuttle, and it starts doing barrel rolls; phoenix gets in the way of the shots before they can destroy the shuttle*
Penney: i hope they got a good pilot, they are going to need one and a prayer!
Tactical: now they are angry. focusing fire on us but hiding behind their shield frigates.
Penney: bring us closer. let them taste the mighty lance laser.
*phoenix starts getting closer to the shields, dodging all shots as they are fired, and the lance laser is fired; two shield frigates are destroyed and a cruiser's artillery is disabled. when it attempts to ram, it shatters on phoenix's shields*
Penney: ohh, that's going to leave a mark on their reputation!
Friday: their other ships are turning to escape. should i pursue?
Penney: destroy them. fire a megaton torpedo at the artillery cruiser.
*the megaton torpedo destroys the cruiser and knocks the frigates out of orbit*
Tactical: here comes a carrier. its surrounded by frigates, both artillery and shield, and it's launching fighters.
Penney: destroy them, too!
*phoenix charges, and the fighters crash on phoenix's shields*
Penney: fire at that carrier, i don't care if there are shields surrounding it!
*phoenix fires the lance laser, disrupting the shields, and then it starts firing explosive bullets at the battle carrier. the carrier attempts to retalliate.*
Tactical: there's a destroyer decloaking off our starboard bow!
Penney: change course in that general direction. destroy it using the lance laser and hit the carrier with a megaton torpedo.
*phoenix fires a torpedo at the carrier, destroying it, and then fires the lance laser at the destroyer; the laser misses, and the tactical console's computer explodes*
Tactical: what the--?!
Underling: i can be of assistance. *the underling takes the tactical station, and accurately fires several lance laser shots at the destroyer. they all hit their mark, what's left of it*
Penney: what's your name?
Underling: I am Tekai.
Penney: alright tekai, you are now the tactical officer.
Tekai: sir, there is a very large fleet of approximately 63 ships coming our direction! some from behind the moon, some from the atmosphere, and some are simply jamming their signal!
Penney: my god!
Nemo: permission--
Penney: not now! take your station!
Nemo: as you wish. you sir, are sitting in my chair. I am halus nemo, you may leave.
*the science officer leaves his seat and halus nemo takes his place*
Nemo: i was kinda trapped in the hallways. your pilot forgot to take me into account. preliminary scans show that the enemies are going to be using a new superweapon in their flagship as they try desperately to destroy us. I also have new intel that they are building more shipyards and carriers, and are attempting to counter phoenix's raw power using numbers.
Penney: i shall keep that in mind. mmister friday, how long till they intercept us?
Friday: 46 minutes.
Penney: *click* penney to engineering. treet, i don't care what your doing down there, i need a nuclear warhead, and i need you to replace all our interception weapons with something a little more solid. shields will be replacing interceptors.
Tekai: sir?!
Penney: we have the ultimate defense, lets increase our attack. replacing defenses with weapons takes priority over the nuclear warhead, but i need the warhead before we intercept the superbattleship. penney out. *clack* Friday, can you take an evasive course to buy us some time?
Friday: with this ship, i could buy us all the time in the world. i could even get us out of this if you want.
Penney: alright, make it so. *click* when you are done with all that, mister treet, replace the interceptor missiles with launch ports, give the torpedoes the speed of rockets, replace missiles and rockets with torpedoes.
Treet: i can do the first three commands, but improving our ordinance could take days sir.
Penney: alright, ignore that last order. *clack* any ideas on improving our chances of-- *an explosion rocks the ship* Report!
Tactical: I-- I-- several battlecruisers decloaked right inside of our shields! lance laser is out!
Penney: they misunderestimate us, as dubyah put it. fire chainguns and hit them with napalm torpedoes.
*phoenix fires several explosive shots at the battlecruisers, but they bounce off of the armor. napalm torpedoes start to eat away at the armor*
Nemo: their armor is a neutronium-based carbonised alloy. i don't think the napalm is going to work, and i am usually right.
Penney: hey, isn't it true that matter cannot pass through our shields?
Nemo: it can only pass one direction, but i see where your going. *click* Science officer to Engineer Treet. i need you to inverse the shields to hold things in rather than repel them.
Treet: but doesn't that counteract the purpose of the shields?
Nemo: your shield scan be used for attack as well as defense, and right now they are useless for the latter purpose as the enemy used some sort of multimetaphasic energy cloak to pass through our shields, and now they are trapped inside.
Treet: excellent!
Nemo: *clack* the enemies must have hear that. they are engaging their cloaks now.
Penney: fire everything!!!
*the machine guns fire exploding bullets at the enemy ships and a few flak-spread rockets; the cloaks destabilize just as the shields reverse polarity*
Penney: full power to thrusters!
*phoenix charges, and the enemy ships are pinned to the back of the shields, eventually crushed*
Penney: lower shields and revert them to original state.
Friday: i can give us 6 hours but we can no longer escape.
Penney: make it so.

Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:52 am

Before we get started, here's some basic hidden dimensions stats.

The D-O-E Fleet wrote:Battlecruiser
4 :hu:
8/12
Haste
1 :hu: : gains a random numeric and a randon non-numeric effect, gains +1/+2
(examples of numeric effects: +1 retalliate permanently, +1 regeneration permanently, +1 paid regeneration bought when you use the ability, etc)

Artillery cruiser
6 :hu:
8/24
1 :hu: : deal 4 damage to target ship and opposing base
2 resist

artillery frigate
3 :hu:
6/14
when this ship attacks, it also deals X damage to a random opposing ship, X=this ship's attack divided by three and rounded up
4 :hu: : sacrifice this ship to destroy the opposing ship.

shield frigate
5 :hu:
2/50
2 resist, 1 regeneration
while this ship is in play, all allied ships have +1 resist +2 regeneration, channels up to 3 damage from other ships to this one
1 :hu: : repair this ship for 5, unlocks ability 2
2 :hu: : repair all allied ships for 2, unlocks ability 3
4 :hu: : this ship takes up to 30 damage to deal X damage to target ship, X=how much damage this ship takes

Combat Carrier
8 :hu: 2 :rl:
12/50
2 resist
3 retalliate
1 :hu: : launches a delta fighter, unlocks ability 2
2 :hu: : launches a delta fighter, unlocks ability 3
3 :hu: : launches a nagato, unlocks ability 4
4 :hu: : launches a nagato, unlocks ability 5
5 :hu: : launches a firewing with 8/28 and 5 regen

Defense carrier
5 :hu:
4/20
1 :hu: : launches 2 delta fighters in random slots

Battleship
8 :hu:
15/60
5 retalliate, 5 resist, 5 regeneration
1 :hu: : repairs self for 3 damage, unlocks ability 2
3 :hu: : deals 9 damage to target ship, unlocks ability 3
6 :hu: : launches a defense carrier

now compare all that to this.

Phoenix
12 :hu: 4 :rl:
14/40
when launched, deals X damage to the opposing ships, X=the number of ships multiplied by 2
4 :hu: : deals 4 damage to all opposing ships, unlocks 2
6 :hu: : deals 6 damage to all opposing ships and 2 to the opposing base for each ship damaged this way, unlocks 3
8 :hu: : repairs self completely, unlocks 4
8 :hu: : launches troy, unlocks 5
10 :hu: : destroys target ship, unlocks 6
20 :hu: : destroys all opposing ships
when destroyed, gets reshuffled
3 resist
4 regen
5 retalliate

Penney: how much time before they are in interception range?
Friday: 3 minutes. their radars don't see us yet, but they know we are here.
Tekai: recomend we bring nuclear warheads online.
Penney: your reccomendation is noted.
Treet: got the computer back online.
Officer: hey, kid, gimme back my seat.
Treet: hey, let him stay there. i bet ten bucks his accuracy ratings are both higher than yours.
*tekai grins*
Officer: i get an 89.5% in the armory.
Tekai: and without a computer?
Officer: to be honest, without a computer, its more like 52.6%.
Tekai: my rating, with the computer, is 96%.
Officer: what about without the computer? you asked me, i might as well--
Tekai: you won't like it.
Treet: tekai, why don't you just tell him?
Tekai: ok, it's 98%, but i missed one shot because the lights went out. ONE.
*the officer leaves the bridge*
Penney: well played.
Tekai: thank you.
Nemo: treet, you cheated. you had an uplink with the computer the entire time.
Treet: yeah, so?
Nemo: now i know you have ten dollars in your wallet.
*treet applies his palm to his face, then applies his face to the desk*
Penney: im going to need that knowledge gathering capabilities in a few minutes, nemo. *click* everyone man your battlestations. *clack*
*nemo returns to his seat and everyone straps in their seatbelts*
Penney: bring us around to engage the enemy.
*phoenix does a U-turn and fires boosters; phoenix comes to a full stop when the maximum amount of weapons are exposed.*
Penney: scan them. any anomalies?
Nemo: none other than the infinitely many that are usually found in the defenders of earth ships, such asa nuclear power plants.\
Penney: let me know when you get anything. bring the lance laser online.
Tekai: bringing it online.
Nemo: they are 46 miles away, there are 8 battlecruisers, 4 artillery cruisers, 8 shield frigates, and two combat carriers.
Penney: target that battle carrier with our artillery and fire at maximum range. i need your best aim, tekai.
Tekai: aye sir!
*phoenix fires a single shot, it barrels on for all 46 miles, and by the time the pilot of the carrier realizes whats about to happen and attempts to dodge, the bullet hits the reactor and destroys the carrier. all the ships start getting into defensive formations behind the frigates as the artillery cruisers fire, to no avail, and the carrier starts frantically launching fighters*
Friday: that got their attention!
Penney: fire a rocket at them. are they going to dodge or are they going to intercept?
*phoenix launches the rocket; it screams towards the fleet, but an artillery cruiser fires a single shot to intercept*
Penney: that was actually a pretty good shot, i didnt think they could do that.
Tekai: they were lucky. firing another rocket.
*the second rocket goes at what would be mach 20, twice as fast as the first rocket, and when 3 shots from the artillery cruiser fail to intercept, the ships start trying to dodge. their lasers fail to intercept it, but the rocket misses.*
Penney: see what kind of panic an extra-fast projectile causes when it cant be intercepted? they are struggling to get back into formation! shoot a high-speed missile at one of those shield frigates.
*the missile shoots at approximately mach 15 and the artillery cruisers attempt to intercept; when they cant, all ships start trying to dodge, and when one of the shield frigates detonates, the magnetic field collapse causes several other sets of shields to destabilize*
Penney: and now they are trying to make a new formation with one of their ships missing and several others disabled. oh look, fighters. how quant. friday, deal with them.
Friday: yes, sir!
*as the fighters start moving towards phoenix to close the gap between the fleet and phoenix, phoenix charges and rams the fighters; none survive*
Tekai: the ships are breaking formation and are moving to intercept us.
*the artillery cruisers start shooting while the battlecruisers move closer*
Penney: friday, i need you to keep us outside the range of the artillery cruisers if you can. tekai, fire the lance laser at one of the battlecruisers.
*the lance laser penetrates the battlecruiser's hull and it explodes*
Tekai: the battlecruisers are firing at us. they seem to be unable to comprehend that our shields cannot be penetrated.
*suddenly, the ship shakes*
Penney: what was that?!
Nemo: what the--?!
Science Computer: shall we play a game?
Treet: Captain! we are getting attacked down-- *static*
Penney: security to engineering on the double!
Nemo: i am useless while my computer is getting hacked, permission to assist them?
Penney: granted.
*nemo pulls out a rifle of some sort and leaves the bridge*
Tekai: what the hell...!?
*an explosion rocks the ship*
Friday: my navigation computer's fried!
Penney: comms?
Communications officer: AHH!!! *pulls the ear piece out of her ear* i got a feedback pulse into my ear!
Penney: all our computers are fried!
*a panel opens up in the floor; everyone pulls out their sidearms, and puts them away when treet crawls into the bridge*
Treet: everyone calm down! it's only me, i used an escape hatch to get out of engineering and now here i am.
Penney: jeez treet, don't--
Treet: no time. the shields are down and there are people getting in from all over the place.
Friday: treet, i suggest you find something to secure yourself, because im about to buy us precious time.
*treet takes a seat and straps himself in; suddenly, the ship starts throwing itself around like a fish out of water; a few minutes later, phoenix stops flying around*
Communications: sir, im getting signals from all over the ship. security reports that they are detaining the enemies.
*suddenly, the bridge door opens up and shots come flying in*
Mech1: everyone stand with your hands in the air!
Treet: DIE!!!!
*treet tackles the mech and starts pounding it to pieces with his wrench/spanner*
Mech2: kill the engineeoooo *treet rips out the second mech's battery and smashes the third mech's head with the battery*
Penney: computer emergency lockout for the bridge!
*the doors attempt to shut but a mech pries them open*
Penney: kill it!!! *penney pulls out his sidearm and pulls the trigger, but the plasma pistole doesn't fire*
Mech Leader: you will obey my command.
Tekai: I surrender! *tekai gets on the floor and puts his hands behind his head*
Friday: you bastard! i cant even leave my post!
Penney: I'll handle him! *penney unbuckles himself, stands, and pulls out a sabre*
Mech: how primi-- *penney slashes the mech's rifle into two pieces, and both pieces explode*
Penney: ow! that hurt!
Mech: i see your a fencer. very well, i shall do the same. *the mech's arm extends into a blade, and the other arm extends out a buckler of some sort*
Penney: you are technologically inferior! *penney thrusts at the mech, who jumps back*
Mech: how so? your sword has absolutely nothing advanced about it! *the mech attempts to bash with the buckler while slashing with his sword; penney awkwardly blocks both at the same time*
Penney: after years of evolution and advances, no, entire MILLENIUM of evolution, one would think you would know what im talking about! *penney does a roundhouse kick straight to the belly; the mech gets knocked back*
Mech: technology isn't even 300 years old yet! *the mech slashes, misses, and gets a fist to the back of the head*
Penney: nothing is more advanced than the human body! *penney jumps, does a front flip, and comes down with a huge amount of force; it barely misses the mech*
Mech: very impressive!
Penney: I'm only getting warmed up! HYAH! *penney leaps into the air and makes a slash that the mech narrowly dodges*
Mech: you are wasting your energy! *the mech bashes penney upside the head with hus buckler, slaps his ear and pounds his shoulder*
Penney: HYIAH!! *penney makes a combined slash and roundhouse kick, and the slash bounces off of the buckler while the kick sends him into the wall*
Mech: dammit! why won't you just DIE already!? *the mech grabs penney's neck; everyone on the bridge starts jumping on top of the mech, who throws them around, disarming both himself and penney; penney grabs his head and tries to rip it off. the mech throws him over, treet attempts to taze him; the mech grabs the tazer and throws treet across the room. the mech starts pounding on Friday, penney grabs a box of spanners and slams it on the mech's back. the mech drops to its knees and falls on its front. then several d-o-e infantrymen march onto the bridge.*
Leader: I see my mech failed to take the bridge.
Penney: yeah, NOW what are you going to do? huh punk?!
Leader: simple. execute you and take what is ours.
Nemo: treet, does this thing work!?
Treet: I-- I dont know!
Nemo: we MUST get it working, otherwise the captain and the others will die!
Treet: try it now!
Nemo: that one looks mean...
*on the bridge, one of the infantrymen vaporizes. the other 6 look at where he once stood.*
Leader: what the--!?
Tekai: not my fault!
*another infantryman vaporizes. 5 left*
Leader: what the hell is going on?!
*yet another vaporizes. 4 left*
Penney: thank you whoever's doing that...
Treet: the draedis field's circuits are fried! you shouldn't have overused them!
Nemo: BAH!!! *nemo grabs his rifle and starts heading to the bridge*
Treet: hey! nemo! bah! *treet unfolds a spanner and rigs it to support the weakened hull area, then starts working it with a wrench*
*when nemo gets to the bridge, penney throws one of the infantrymen behind him, then decks another. nemo fires his rifle straight through the leader and another infantryman. the two remaining stop fighting.*
Tekai: returning to my station.
Penney: status!
Nemo: the other two waves are nearly here. the first fleet stopped firing the moment the enemies started boarding us.
Penney: bring shields online and then fire the lance laser at that other carrier.
*the carrier attempts to move away, but the lance laser vaporizes it. the other ships break formation and start firing on the shields.*
Penney: Fire machine cannons at the battlecruisers!
*the battlecruisers try but cannot avoid the automatic-load cannons as they fire exploding bullets. only 1 survives and it is disabled.*
Penney: ram the shield frigates and fire one megaton torpedo per artillery cruiser!
*phoenix destroys the rest of the fleet.*
Nemo: the second wave is on it's way. wait, no, they are retreating.
Penney: and just in time, too. damage report.
Tactical: weapons took most of the damage, they are going to take some time to repair.
Nemo: my sensors are just fine, but they took the least damage and repaired the quickest.
Treet: the entire ship took a major beating, it's going to take a while in space dock to repair.
Nemo: hmm.... oh! THATS why they were redeploying that way...
Penney: oh? what's that?
Nemo: if you take a quick look, the defenders of earth redeployed their ships to keep us from getting to space dock.
Penney: can't we just charge through? our shields have held up to everything short of hacking so far.
Nemo: do you really think our shields could withstand nuclear warheads?! even if they could, they can simply hack to bring them down!
Treet: that's right. our shields are useless, as are any non-armor defenses. they can even disable dodging by hacking the nav computer.
Penney: that means we can't get the repairs we need, dammit!
Friday: I can probably take her into the atmosphere...
Penney: we will do that only as a last resort.

idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:07 am

Here is a tip hawk, keep to writing stories, it is what you are good at, and leave the card design to mr or ms RV.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:30 am

who is mr or miss RV?

and i wasnt making the cards for balance, i was just using them to allow one to accurately compare the strength of the D-O-E fleet as versus the strength of Phoenix.

idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:06 am

Penney, you know, the person with the graspermorph as their character image. I just used his or her last two capital letters instead of his or her name. PS I know now it is RZ not RV but since I was unable to look at his or her name, well, accidents will happen.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:37 am

as i said, i wasnt designing the cards for balance, i was designing cards purely for the story. example from the previous story, TMCA:

Torg
4 :mt:
70/200
attacks the opposing 3 ships when attacking
1 :mt: : destroys target ship
when launched, all opposing ships that are unopposed come to your side of the board.

Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Penney: have we finished the calculations?
Greywing: yes. we can perform the slingshot effect to return us to our own time.
Vegas: I've been working with treet to repair the ship and rig it for slingshot effect.
Treet: indeed. i managed to scrounge up what's left of this thing and patch it together so that it can travel back to the future.
Penney: alright. lets do it, and then we need to use the hyperdrive to--
Greywing: i've been attempting to determine how to throw in technomancer technology, and i have determined that we can simply use warp drive for FTL. while it does require a deflector array to prevent particles from smashing through the hull, it uses far less power than hyperdrive. in fact, a back-up nuclear plant from phoenix could power it, whereas it took the mighty power of the artificial supernova to get up to equivalent speed in hyperspace.
Penney: rig us up for warp.
Greywing: there is one problem, though. unlike with hyperspace, we cannot simply pour all our power into it to accelerate to incredible speeds. while acceleration at low speeds is high, the technomancers have never been able to figure out how to exceed 50 megalight.
Penney: we arent going very fast, but we won't have very far to go. do the rigging and then lets perform the slingshot effect.

Meanwhile, on phoenix, orbiting earth

Wysoki: captain, he's coming around.
Penney: treet, more nanobots.
Treet: aye, sir. my babies are finally getting to stretch their legs.
Nurse: I shall return with more plasma.
Treet: and i shall return with more nanobots.
Wysoki: captain, his ID says he was born on... unbelievable, it says he was born before the year 2000, 1996 to be exact.
Penney: seriously?
Wysoki: Anthony Chan also appears to be 14, I doubt he is what his ID says he is.
Penney: well, that ID of his appears to be a school ID from that era, so I suppose i believe him. no reason not--
Tony: WHERE THE HELL AM I?!?!?
Penney: anthony, calm down. I am Penney, and before you ask, no i am not a trans-sexual. this man will be taking care of you. you won't have to worry about any muscular atrophe because we took care of that prior to waking you up.
Tony: what year is this?
Penney: 2124. you can thank our engineer, Treet, and his overzealous research on nanobots for allowing us to purge that toxin out of your system.
Tony: Why do I look the same?! SHOULDNT I LOOK OLD OR SOMETHING!!!!!
Penney: that's part of what we did to fix you. you were actually pretty ragged, but before waking you, we gave you nanobot treatment to undo the effects of age and muscular atrophe.
*the nurse and treet return to the room. treet is injecting nanobots into a pouch of plasma and the nurse prepares an ivy.*
Nurse: Doctor, should i continue the nanobots treatment?
Wysoki: I dunno, can you walk, mister chan?
Tony: *tony gives the doctor an evil look* dont call me "mister chan" if you know whats good for you. *tony tries to get up* Left leg!!! Cant move it!
Wysoki: give the man treatment to his left leg, and make sure the nanobots aren't causing the atrophe they are trying to cure. *the nurse injects tony's left leg with the serum she was just preparing, using a hypospray.
Treet: *looking up from his computer console* How about mister miku? he doesnt seem to like mister and his last name, but he did like the japanese animated singers of his time.
Tony: I wasn't talking about strangulation. *a sword appears in tony's hand* Look like the old powers still work!
Penney: *everyone steps back* SECURITY FIELD! *an energy field appears around tony*
Treet: *whispering* looks like my instalation of the shields worked.
Tony: *confused face* it's... plastic, sinse that's the only thing i've touched for so long. Plastic is literally the only material I remember any qualities of.
*everyone sighs a breath of relief upon hearing that; penney goes to a nearby computer panel and removes the shield*

Penney: well, we're here. lets start--
Vegas: penney, earth is not there!
Penney: i know that, earth got polluted beyond repair and the humans left because it was un-inhabitable.
Vegas: no, im not talking about communications, I'm talking about, it isn't even physically there!
Penney: WHAT?!
Greywing: confirmed. there is nothing except rubble and gas where there was calculated to be a barren planet.
Penney: why!?
Treet: is it possible that we can find out my traveling back in time?
Greywing: the slingshot effect can only send us forward; how to send people back using the slingshot is unknown.
Vegas: no, thats not what he means. using FTL drive, we can essentially watch earth, from afar, as the events unfold, only like a tape on reverse. we would have to go pretty far away to see what we want, but if we watch earth as the events unfold from afar, we can figure out what destroyed the planet.
Penney: alright, set a course that will allow us to observe earth's past.
*the cheetah's newly installed deflector dish glows as it enters warp*
Greywing: approximating calculations to accomodate the orbital trajectory.
*earth's chronicles rewind to the point that the group left behind, then they slow down in order to observe; an alien ship of unknown origin, quite probably a technomancer, has destroyed phoenix and is finishing off earth.*
Penney: those damn technomancers. take us out of warp.
*cheetah drops out of warp, right between Dara'uga and an ultranought. dara'uga is losing the battle.*
Penney: reconfigure the deflector array to fire the Q-ray and hail both ships.
Vegas: dara'uga's communications array is destroyed, the ultranought is responding.
General: technomancer, finally you have arrived! help me finish this ca'anian fool--
Penney: This is Captain Penney of the Alliance science vessel Cheetah, why have you attacked the ca'anian?\
General: Penney? Alliance? hah! I see the ca'anians have called for help from their puny little allies, i shall destroy you too!
*the ultranought fires it's superweapon at the cheetah*
Treet: shields are holding, they have no idea what we are capable of.
Penney: are the reconfigurations ready?
Greywing: ready.
Penney: fire the Q-ray.
*cheetah fires the Q-ray, penetrating the ultranought's shields, obliterating the shields, and disabling the 3 arms carrying the superweapons*
Vegas: they are now hailing us.
Penney: lets see if they will listen to us now.
General: the rivi'i empire will not forget this! we will-- Ahhh!!!
*the ultranought's central power plant becomes a black hole and consumes the ultranought. dara'uga fires an antigraviton burst and collapses the black hole.*
Penney: what happened?!
Greywing: I am not sure...
Treet: it appears that the rivi'i technology advanced much slower while we were gone, and the same applies to the ca'anians. that ship is basically neyon'moru with guns and weapons all over the outside of the hull.
Vegas: another ship is decloaking and hailing us.
Penney: on viewer.
Vegas: audio only.
Tanyu'Lana: this is tanyu'Lana. I don't know who or what you are, but your technology and weapons are obviously far superior to ours and far outstrips us. we surrender.
Penney: no, please, we are here to help, but first, how is the human-ca'anian alliance?
Tanyu'Lana: human-ca'anian? alliance? never heard of the humans.
Penney: are you kidding me?
Tanyu'lana: whoever you are, you are alien.
Penney: and you are ca'anian. you are more interested in science than in anything else; how long have you been at war with the rivi'i?
Tanyu'lana: for a bunch of aliens you know a lot. our planet was recently sterilized by the rivi'i. the ca'anians have been running for their lives, and we were trying to rejoin the fleet so we could better defend it.
Penney: the ca'anians are running for their lives?!
Lana: yes. the rivi'i are surprisingly powerful.
Penney: can't they do something about it?
Lana: no. the rivi'i are simply sieging the fleet. it is only a matter of 12 years before the fleet runs out of resources.
Penney: 12 years, and in that time, they will be doomed.
Lana: indeed.
Treet: sir, can't we just give our tech to the ca'anians?
Vegas: oh, yeah, sure, and lets give tech to a people that can't defend it from the rivi'i any better than an old lady can defend her gold bars from robbers.
Lana: That... may not be nessesary.
Dara'uga: our communications array has been repaired. lana, this ship is highly powerful and dangerous! for all we know, they could be the rivi'i trying to befriend us so they can ambush us!
Penney: our tech is far superior to your own, it's obvious we could have blown you out of the sky long before we entered your weapons' or even sensors' range, yet we chose to attack the ultranought. we tried to merely disable it, but underestimated their ship's strength. why would we do all this if we were hostile?
Dara'uga: maybe so you can commandeer our ships?
Penney: and what purpose would that serve? scan my ship, there's only 6 people on this one.
Lana: Terya does have a good point. the technomancers have been known to hack into ships before.
Terya: exactly! and you could directly control my ship, circumventing the problem of us simply self destructing the primary computer!
Penney: scan our computers and you'll see they are non-biological. a technomancer computer--
Greywing: This is tanyu'harac. the fool that calls himself penney knows nothing. If you do not bow down to my infinite wisdom, you will be hacked.
Terya: Tanyu'harac?! no wonder you were able to destroy the rivi'i so rapidly! we are saved!

Penney and his group will have to undo damage done to the timeline by the alien probe.

Return to “General Talk”