Recruitment: The tales of Flagship Hiroto

Talk about anything not necessarily related to NULLL or games.

Kind of RP to use?

Player: I'd like to use script! *writes a vote*
100%
The player holds the pen up to the paper, thinks "I would appreciate use of narrative", and writes "narrative".
No votes

Total votes: 2
Wv_Hawk_vW

Recruitment: The tales of Flagship Hiroto

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:13 am

This is a recruitment thread for the RP, "The Tales of Flagship Hiroto". Most of the human-based RPs that follow the same storyline as the one I posted take place in Phoenix under the commander Penney with the pilot Friday, the science-officer Nemo, and the engineer Treet.

I think it's time we start a similar RP, but on a different ship. Rather than using the missile-armed Phoenix, which at this point is outdated, we'll use the high-speed Hiroto. Rather than relying on a heavily energy-enefficient subspace distortion field powered by an enormously expensive to fuel Artificial Supernova, Hiroto shall rely on lightweight, ultra-strong armor and its enormous acceleration to protect itself from damage, leaving all power that would, on phoenix, be drank by the shields, to instead be used by the weapons.

Thanks to stolen technology from the rivi'i, there is a new class of ship, the crusher-class, which is an upgrade of the outdated Breaker Class. The change of technology replaces its antimatter shield generator with a mark II antigravity shield generator, and replaces its artillery ports with a weapon known as the Trinity Cannon, which launches a (relatively) low-mass singularity into the core of a ship. Unfortunately, energy shields are able to disrupt the formation of this singularity, and once it's swallowed the ship the singularity destabilizes and explodes into nothingness. Aside from this weapon, it has the same hacking and high-tech weaponry as the pulsar class combined with the brutally mighty power of the breaker class.

The Trinity Cannon, while it is immensely powerful under the right circumstances, is not a weapon found aboard Hiroto. Hiroto's weapons, instead, follow a similar doctrine to the Hiraga's: blast the enemy to bits, and hit them with the finisher weapon. Hiraga's design was amazing: it was powered by a single nuclear power plant that generated just 8 gigawatts and powered eight 16-inch guns, two 500-megawatt plasma cannons, and a dual antimatter shield. Hiroto, while it doesn't have the antimatter shield, instead has an energy shield, plus it has similar weapons to the hiraga, but lesser firepower. One of its most powerful weapons is the synergizing field; it effectively takes any and all ships that have lost power and gives them the power to fire up their engines, shoot their weapons, and generally keep fighting.

The Rivi'i are, as usual, also developing new technology. Just like the humans stole from the RV, the Riverbugs stole from the monkeys. However, because of recent events, there has been a schism in the rivi'i government. There are now two very different kinds of rivi'i: the Circle, and the Empire. the Circle is more-less neutral in most matters, and, like the caes'cix, morally will not bring other races in against their will. The humans, ca'anians, and xyloxis are unaware of this, and as such, seeing the caes'cix and rivi'i working together is puzzling beyond measure.

The technology sets of the Circle and the Empire are very different. the Circle is headed by Technomancers who have instated what is essentially a democracy after removing from all their ships a device which suppresses the intelligence of their people. This has allowed technology to flourish.

The ships of the Circle are:

Datanought
Technonaught
Hydranought
Recycler
Megalodon
Nanobot Leeches

The ships of the Empire are:
Scylior
Battle Carrier
Terrornought
Ultranought
Hypernought
Carnagenought

Right now, I'm just throwing out ideas. the Carnagenought is basically designed to combat the Technonaught even after being utterly paralyzed. Technonhilus and Technonaught cannot fully paralyze the Carnagenought.

Technonaught:
6/32
8 :rv: 2 :rl:
Draw a card on deploy
Cloaked
disable opposing ship each turn.
2 :rv: target ship loses 2 attack, this ship gains 2 attack.

Carnagenought:
10/50
8 :rv: 2 :rl:
Haste
8 retalliation, 5 regeneration.
2 :rv: target ship loses 5 defense, this ship gains 5 defense.

Both ships are powerful under the right circumstances, and both are immensely resilient. The technonaught can cripple the carnagenought in toe-to-toe combat, reducing its attack to 0 and its defense to a very low level (though this can be resolved by the regen and the actis) but cannot survive as its cloak means it cannot be healed, and Carnagenought always attacks first. However, Technonaught is invulnerible to a basic Lost Mine; Carnagenought, on the other hand, is destroyed by Lost Mine, and in warfare, there's plenty of powerful attacks that Technonaught can avoid that Carnagenought cannot. The Q-ray is unable to target the Technonaught, for example.

So, this thread is for recruitment, and for deciding what the plot should be, what characters we should use, and what kind of RPing we'll be doing: Narrative, or Script.
Discord: WvHawkvW#6491.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Re: Recruitment: The tales of Flagship Hiroto

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:14 am

List of Characters:

List of Ships:

SS Hiroto.

joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:00 pm

Hawk, i think of a ship for the riverbugs. It would be as Vegas`s ship on the Phoneix tales. The Nanoanouhgt (sorry if misspeled the nought part)
It basically relies on it small size (the one of a RV carrier, but slightly bigger) and its BIG speed to avoid attacks. From the outside, it looks harmless, but, in fact, is Datanought, Terrornought and Hydayanought combined into a small ship. However, due to its size, it has few, but its weapons, which are only 7 (AM missiles, Lasers, Railguns, Torpedo launcher, AM bombs and EM Pulse Gun) And it has the Siege Superlaser. It is a normal Siege Laser, but so concentrated to the point of being practically invisivle. Normally, it tears a Hiraga in about 10 seconds, but a gun like that requires lots of energy, so it can only be used once per minute. It carries a shield similar to Phoneix, which is a normal shield, but regens about 15 times faster.
PD: it could fight for the Circle

STATS
Nanonought
23(Missiles 5 Att, Lasers 3 Att, Railguns 3 att, Torpedoes 5 att, AM bombs 7 Att)/80
Haste
Disables opposing ship every turn. Hydra effect
9 HP regen
Gains +1/+1
ACTI
Gain +3+3, scrap 1 card from deck.
Deal 10 Damage to target
We are "Joacobanfield".
I joined up about 2 years ago.
Wrote a bit of TTOFH and a little secret project.
Oh, I also love Disney/Pixar´s Inside Out.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:34 am

That could use some balancing. Unfortunately, it couldn't fit very well because the Imperial mentality is that of enslaving, while the Circle mentality is that of befriending. The Empire enslaved several xyloxis and brutally merged them with ships in an attempt to create the Crystal Avatar, while the Circle would have made several attempts to ally themselves with the Xyloxis.

That is, assuming, the Empire had not gotten there first. As it is, the Technomancers who manage the government for the Circle believe that any and all attempts at friendship would be met with force because there's no major way to differentiate themselves from the Empire. Anyhow, the Circle wouldn't use the xyloxis in their ships without their permission.

I like your idea for the Nanonaught. It's small and fast, but you're trying too hard to strap too many weapons onto one thing. It's simply too small for what you're suggesting.

joacobanfield wrote:Hawk, i think of a ship for the riverbugs. It would be as Vegas`s ship on the Phoneix tales. The Nanoanouhgt (sorry if misspeled the nought part)
It basically relies on it small size (the one of a RV carrier, but slightly bigger) and its BIG speed to avoid attacks. From the outside, it looks harmless, but, in fact, is Datanought, Terrornought and Hydayanought combined into a small ship. However, due to its size, it has few, but its weapons, which are only 7 (AM missiles, Lasers, Railguns, Torpedo launcher, AM bombs and EM Pulse Gun) And it has the Siege Superlaser. It is a normal Siege Laser, but so concentrated to the point of being practically invisivle. Normally, it tears a Hiraga in about 10 seconds, but a gun like that requires lots of energy, so it can only be used once per minute. It carries a shield similar to Phoneix, which is a normal shield, but regens about 15 times faster.
PD: it could fight for the Circle

You obviously were constrained for time when you posted this, which would explain why your grammar is bad :P

Phoenix's shield in the RP was different from the shields most ships have. the Subspace Distortion Field requires an enormous amount of energy to be used, but if you can afford the energy, it's essentially an unbreakable shield. Phoenix's power plant requires very little fuel, but of what it does need, it's incredibly expensive.

Most shields are either antigravity shields, matter/antimatter fields, or energy/dark energy shields. Antigravity shields are generally used on a very large scale by besieged star-stations to keep the distance between enemy ships and themselves at a maximum. It's effective because they can pair it with other kinds of defenses.

Planets have a naturally-produced matter shield. It's an enormous atmosphere that causes most objects to be incinerated when they attempt to enter. This includes asteroids, meteors, comets, and of course, ships, bullets, and missiles. Antimatter shielding works on a similar principle; it generates a magnetic field that holds antimatter around the ship. Bullets and other projectiles are destroyed before they can hit the ship. This has the potential of blocking lasers, but generally, a ship can adjust its frequency to where it penetrates. X-rays, for example, are guaranteed to go through many materials, and theoretically, when concentrated, it's possible to create Xasers, or X-ray Lasers.

This is where the Hiraga's dual-antimatter field really makes itself useful. It has one antimatter field generated that blocks the light-spectrum usually used for lasers, and another that blocks light that isn't usually used, such as X-rays and Gamma-rays.

Earth has a naturally-produced matter field, its atmosphere, and it also has a naturally-produced energy shield, the magnetic field that deflects microparticles that would otherwise erode away Earth's atmosphere like they did Mars' atmosphere. Energy shields are simply shields that use energy, rather than matter, to stop projectiles.

Dark Energy shields use a similar principal, but are deployed against energy-weapons such as the Q-ray, which creates a subspace needle that injects antimatter directly into the target, and Lasers/Xasers. DE Shields are inefficient against matter (unlike their not-so-dark cousins), but will nullify the temperature of a plasma cannon, for example. They work very effectively in tandem with antimatter fields because DE fields stop lasers and other energy weapons (including the Trinity cannon), while Antimatter fields stop kinetic weapons, such as repeating cannons. Unfortunately, this combination makes the gamble that the opponent doesn't use antimatter weapons. So far, the riverbugs have been stupid enough that this counter hasn't been discovered after all this time, but the Circle may be able to utilize this weakness to their advantage.
Anyhow, here's what I think Nanonaught should be:

12/20
Haste
Evasion (targeted damage has a 50% chance to instead go to a random allied ship or base. this includes insta-kills. Instakills damage the base for 60 if they hit.)
Electromagnetic Field (any ship that damages this one is disabled for 1 turn.)
5 regeneration, 3 resistance, 4 retalliation.

It has a noticably low defensive power compared to most dreadnoughts, but its defenses are mostly the kind of things you could expect on a small ship: evasion caused by high-speed. a cheap defensive mechanism that disables oppopsing ships, and a rapidly regenerating shield. It also has the requirements you would expect on a dreadnought, even if it is a nanonought: powerful attack and efficient defense, relying on its resistance to reduce damage and retalliation to fuel dealt damage.

joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Great idea Hawk. Didnt know THAT about shields (Even if i read 75% of the fanfics, The Ongoing battle between the Circle and the Alliance, The Merged Circular Alliance and the short ones).
What if we do what happened with the past fanfics? Base us on the members. eg. Penney was PenneyRZ, Hawk was you, Chyriax was Chyriax and Kuro was Kuro
We are "Joacobanfield".
space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Those are members that are no longer active here for some reason, except Hawk. We inserted members into the story sometimes, and their character maybe based off their profile pic.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 pm

That's a good idea.

Actually, I didn't ever really use myself in any of the fanfics. Part of this was because, honestly, I never thought Hawk was very good as a person's name, but recently I discovered a respelling of the name, Hawke. Hawke is a good surname. As in, Brian C Hawke.

Of course, I still won't introduce him myself, because that would be severely egotistical on my part.

I like your idea of a finisher superweapon, but it didn't fit on the nanonought. Here's an idea: it fits on the technonaught and the only way to effectively use it is capacitors.

Capacitors are essentially small, battery-sized objects that charge very easily, hold about as much energy as a battery 10 times larger than themselves, and have the ability to discharge all their energy at once. However, a charged capacitor cannot hold its charge; you either use it, or you lose it.

In this case, because of the enormous energy-requirement for the supersiege laser, the dreadnought that uses it doesn't charge the capacitor unless it's fighting a ship with low agility or large size, preferably both. This is because it's hard to aim the supersiege laser, and because constantly keeping it charged is so inefficient that it would cause blackouts throughout the ship.

joacobanfield wrote:(Even if i read 75% of the fanfics, The Ongoing battle between the Circle and the Alliance, The Merged Circular Alliance and the short ones).

I didn't know you read 75% of the fanfics. You must be quite the large fan.

space-mariner51 wrote:Those are members that are no longer active here for some reason, except Hawk. We inserted members into the story sometimes, and their character maybe based off their profile pic.

Actually, their character had little to do with their profile picture. Penney's was a ruby xyloxi, and he was a human.

Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:07 am

Also, I'd like to ask what level of maturity we're going to be doing.

Examples: do we include cussing? do we imply sex scenes? describe sex scenes? Innuendo? How intense do we make our descriptions of the violence?

joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Yes 2 all. Tell us when somebody is bleeding or injuried
We are "Joacobanfield".
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Oh, so I literally get to do this:

*EDITED*

THAT's what I was asking about, mainly.

Greywing

Postby Greywing » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Nope, not allowed.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:42 pm

hawk, if i somehow come up with the insane wealth of time needed to read over the massive quantity of fanfics i helped you get going so long ago, i 1. might get back involved and 2. won't be happy if i find you have let it hit an R rated level. remember, there is no age restriction on getting online and reading it, so there may be children to find such things.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:26 am

Chyriax: please help.
Hawk: wasnt penney a grasper morph???????
We are "Joacobanfield".
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:53 am

Thats the "real" Penney. The Penney of Hawk's fanfics is HU.
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:24 pm

joacobanfield wrote:Chyriax: please help.
Hawk: wasnt penney a grasper morph???????

Before that, he was a ruby xyloxi, and I think before that he was a soldier drone.

Greywing is currently firewing, but before that he was exion'exus.

idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:40 pm

Back at it again I see. Now, what is the background information of this new storyline? At what time period does it occur and what factions are there?
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:58 pm

I haven't even gotten that far in planning. We're still deciding upon format.

joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:56 am

It happens right after TMCA, I think
We are "Joacobanfield".
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:00 am

Probably not "right after".

I need to post a summary of what happens next in BoaL. It brings old penney back.

joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:11 am

Loki dies in there or in TMCA?
Because I remember a :ca: supernova killing him and a StarTrek 11 BlackHole swallowing Penney...
We are "Joacobanfield".

Return to “General Talk”