nebula warriors music

Talk about anything regarding the Nebula Warriors game.
Chyriax

nebula warriors music

Postby Chyriax » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:09 am

i swear this has got to be some of the most haunting music ever. i can't get it out of my head!!!! i do have a few questions about it though. 1. when can i expect the longer piece to come out? 2 does this have a name? if so, what is it? 3. can you put this on youtube or something so i can listen to it without potentially messing up whatever game im playing here? i ask this one because you stated earlier that having multiple windows of the nulll site open can mess up saving stats to the db.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
Greywing

Re: nebula warriors music

Postby Greywing » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 pm

1. unknown - i'm not as active anymore with music-related stuff as i used to be, right now, coding stuff comes first.

2. no name yet - to be decided once i get into finishing the full version.

3. i have uploaded the original mixdown as mp3, from which the in-game loop was extracted. The in-game loop is 1/3rd of this mixdown. I've also added the a variation, which is the base of the full version.
original : http://nulll-void.com/games/gps/7/NW_base.mp3 (4.6 MB)
extended : http://nulll-void.com/games/gps/7/NW_extended.mp3 (13 MB)
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:10 pm

I KNOW!!! I KNOW!!!

Ghosts of the nebula, by Stijn Van Kauter

Phantoms in the nebula, by Stijn Van Kauter

Hiding behind the nebula (by stijn van kauter)

Nebular Coverups

I think i like ghosts of the nebula best. its kinda haunting like this song, and both have to do with nebulas.
My skype is helix.cipher if anyone decides they want to contact me or do a sci-fi RP or something.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:08 pm

whatever you want to call it, combining your talents works well for you. i would love to see another of your ambient masterpieces grace HD3. if you don't have one ready by the time you put HD3 out, maybe you should leave the option open to change it when you get the inspiration for it.
Chyriax
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Something i have been considering is to release a game (the nulll version) without music by default and build in a small mp3 player that can stream music. If players turn on music in the game, it would get files from my website and play them.
Advantage is that i can put multiple and longer tracks in the game, without the game filesize increasing, and i won't have to compress the mp3s so much either.
SVC - NULLL games.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:06 pm

do this with HD3. do this, and use that extra room for other things, like more awesome ships. Anything to make more room for awesome ;D 8-) :D :) ;)
My skype is helix.cipher if anyone decides they want to contact me or do a sci-fi RP or something.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:04 pm

a skip song should be allowed, just in case someone somehow doesn't want to listen to a particular peice, and a repeat until stopped button as well, for your ambient musics. possibly certain presets depending on the game could be used, allowing the musics designed for that game to be selected specifically.
Chyriax
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:52 pm

It would be a proper mp3 player with play/stop/skip/random. I did a flash mp3 player a while ago, so i'll have to check all that stuff again regarding how to do it. Possibly i'd then make a seperate folder with mp3s per game (assuming i make more games with the same mp3 player in it), or add tags to songs and allow player to play only songs with certain tags. Another possibility is to let players tick songs on/off in the playlist.
SVC - NULLL games.

Return to “Nebula Warriors”