Forum closure

Discuss the NULLL site & forum or report site problems here.
Greywing

Forum closure

Postby Greywing » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:17 am

This place is quiet, and with no new NULLL games being released or existing ones maintained, no new members come in - the only new sign-ups are spam bots.
I prefer to close this forum (and investigate setting up something like discord or so if really needed). It's the only thing still on this domain name, and it costs a bit of money to keep it online.

I'm in no rush to close the forum (and website, etc - the plan is to merge the domain name into my other site) - it could be online for most of 2020, but if you want to save stuff from it, better start doing so sooner rather than later.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
DMsChoice

Re: Forum closure

Postby DMsChoice » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Oh, that's too bad. Some day, I intended to write a little Pen&Paper-RPG-conversion for Hidden Dimensions based on the Starslayers system (a spin-off of Dungeonslayers) - in the hopes that you wouldn't mind, of course. It'd be fully non-commercial fanwork, anyways, and I would use a lot of "head canon" to allow for playable and relatable characters. Would rather be some kind of "fan fiction", that way.
(Art credits to: MyHysteria)
elenchus

Postby elenchus » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:56 pm

It's a bit unfortunate, but very understandable.

Good luck with your current endeavors! :)
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:41 am

DMsChoice - I won't mind. Feels a bit like an honour to see fan fiction stuff being made based on my creations.

The entire Xyth universe is still being worked on. The current comic doesn't have too many sci-fi elements but does provide some more details on XY, TM and MT than anything else I've made available before. The second part of the story (still years away) will be set in the same era as Hidden Dimensions.

I had ideas for a huge RPG set in a similar time as the comic, so medieval/fantasy but featuring all the 8 races. But it would be a huge project, larger than Hidden Dimensions, so I'd have to put in several years of full-time work, meaning I won't be able to work on other things. No more games for the foreseeable future in other words. I feel the comic is the best way to make the story available either way.
SVC - NULLL games.
DMsChoice

Postby DMsChoice » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:44 am

The Wiki will stay online though, right? Or might even develop further?
So, if I decide to convert some of the ships to Starslayer stats I can link there for further resp. official information and for images.
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:17 am

Info related to the story will go into a glossary that's part of the webcomic site. Eventually some of the ships of Hidden Dimensions will be listed there, but the sci-fi portion of the story is still years away.

I plan to keep a small Nulll games archive site, i think it should be no problem adding the wiki since it's rather light-weight and static unlike the forums. But there's no plans to keep adding info to it.
SVC - NULLL games.
DMsChoice

Postby DMsChoice » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:59 pm

That should be totally sufficient for my purposes. That way I can at least provide images for the ships that I convert.
And I would rather link to the sites instead of using the pictures directly in my fanworks. That just seems ...less complicated.
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:00 am

Small update : it looks like I pre-paid hosting for this site for up to november 2021, so there's some time left.
SVC - NULLL games.
Joacobanfield2

Postby Joacobanfield2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Alright. Had a good time here, thanks for your time, Grey.
I mostly write stuff. Like The Falcon Writer.

Return to “NULLL site & forum discussion”