AIR Installer Broken/Missing

Discuss everything related to HD:Xyth
Demogorgon

AIR Installer Broken/Missing

Postby Demogorgon » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Hi GreyWing,

I just discovered HD Xyth, and I love it. I am having issues downloading the stand-alone version:

The installer at the link below is broken.
http://nulll-void.com/games/hdxyth.php

The installer link below is a 404 not found page.
http://nulll-void.com/games/gps/10/HDXyth.air

I'm using Windows 7, and I have Adobe AIR installed and up to date. Is there any way to download and play HD Xyth?

Thanks!
Greywing

Re: AIR Installer Broken/Missing

Postby Greywing » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:58 am

Hey, i will look into this right away.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:00 am

I've had a chance to test this myself on windows 7 with a brand-new air install. The HDxyth installer gives an error, claiming that the installer file is damaged. Since this is not the case, the likely cause is that air no longer supports an installer this old. I'll try to find out more.

EDIT - a recent change in which service is used that's responsible for granting timestamps for the installer's signature validation (which allows a user to make sure the installer they're downloading is legit) caused all air installers with signatures created before august 2015 to stop working around 30 oktober 2017.
I will need to create a new installer, which requires me to reinstall adobe air and some other programming softwares. This is not happening anything soon as i'm struggling with my new PC (having lots of PC problems lately, so nothing has been working for a good while).

A workaround for now is to change your system clock to before 30 okt 2017, install the game, then change your clock back.
You can also change the extension of the installer from .air to .zip, then open it with winzip/winrar/etc and get the .swf file out. This is a regular flash player file, so if you have flash player installed, that version should work.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
Demogorgon

Postby Demogorgon » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:33 am

Thank you! The workaround worked perfectly.

Return to “Hidden Dimensions Xyth”