Tokenizer setup

Discuss everything related to HD:Xyth
Zso_Zso

Tokenizer setup

Postby Zso_Zso » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:30 pm

If you ever find yourself in need of a few tokens to buy something from the trader, here is a nice setup that will get you some pretty quickly:

In quick fight, select the following custom settings:
Your mod: Siege (-80% HP)
Game type: Single duel
Opponent: Random deck (Rivii), Regenerator (4), Hydra fleet, Fortress (large)
Strength: 1

Save this setup in your presets for easy recall, and create the following deck (upgrade levels may vary, this is what I had in my collection):

d4541jBjHk3k1jJzljA3Y4p434r3Zk5j_

The key card in the deck is "Control Feedback" you definitely need 4 copies of that, with the large-fortress enemy start 1 of those will do 24 damage and the opponent will start with 12 HP, so instant win! All you need to make sure that you get 1 control feedback in your starting hand and you should get at least 2 instant energy generation card -- there are 15 of those in the above deck, so 50% of the deck, so you are practically guaranteed to get at least 2 of those anyway. If you did not get a control feedback, then reshuffle until you get one. Then play the instant energy generators and the control feedback => 1 round instant win, it usually takes me 6 seconds. Card win chance is low ~40%, but you will get a token.
Lagomorph

Re: Tokenizer setup

Postby Lagomorph » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Nice strategy.

The 3 Nebular Crystal and 4 Nebular Guard Tower can be replaced with Crystal Monoliths and Wave Converters for more immediate energy generation. Then it's 22 energy generation + 4 deck thinners + 4 instant win.
The lagomorphs are the members of the taxonomic order Lagomorpha, of which there are two living families: the Leporidae (hares and rabbits) and the Ochotonidae (pikas).
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:17 pm

OH MY.... IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are "Joacobanfield".
I joined up about 2 years ago.
Wrote a bit of TTOFH and a little secret project.
Oh, I also love Disney/Pixar´s Inside Out.
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:21 pm

You WIn Awards...
Titan I (base 100% HP)
Rusher
Wizard

I PURCHASED THE WHOLE TRADER... 18 TOKEN IN 5MINUTES...
CARDS:
Spectrum Core (2)
Rouge Diver I 2 tokens
Opaline X-lock II 4 tokens.
Techno Magister II 4 tokens.
Opressor II 8 tokens.
MIndWipe II 8 tokens.

Grand Totale: 28 tokens.
Miscalclation: 2 Spare Tokens!

Besides Really Quick Slots...
We are "Joacobanfield".
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:22 am

Include lightning arc and use entropic monolith in case the opponent ends up with more hitpoints than your single control feedback can kill.
My skype is helix.cipher if anyone decides they want to contact me or do a sci-fi RP or something.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
Lagomorph

Postby Lagomorph » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:52 am

Control Feedback should always 1hko since the AI is set to :rv: (no :rv: structures or ships that increase base hp)

edit: nvm :rv: has a few structures that increase base hp
The lagomorphs are the members of the taxonomic order Lagomorpha, of which there are two living families: the Leporidae (hares and rabbits) and the Ochotonidae (pikas).
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:01 am

Lagomorph wrote:(no :rv: structures or ships that increase base hp)

Wrong.

Grav flux amplifier, Level 2 grav current buoy, Level 2 wave converter, Nanobot tower, Flak turret, Grav fusion buoy, Obfuscation tower, Salvageyard, Siege laser, Antigrav shield, Grav tide generator, Level 2 unstable grav rift, level 2 rift tracer, level 2 antigrav fault.

That's at least 9 structures that, apparantly, don't increase base hp, and I'm not counting the ones that get base hp at level 2.

Barring the base hp generators, there's also another factor to contend with, but I'm not discussing that unless you need clarification about what it is.
My skype is helix.cipher if anyone decides they want to contact me or do a sci-fi RP or something.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
Lagomorph

Postby Lagomorph » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:12 am

Also for anyone that doesn't have these cards, any deck that can deploy ships on turn 1 with
Siege -80%
Rush
Relentless

work too. Like 3% card win rate.

Or shipboost instead of rush if all your ships have haste.
Lagomorph

Postby Lagomorph » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:38 am

Ok here's the setup I made.

30 card deck :hu: base with any combination of the following cards, the more ships the better

Haste Ships

Vector
Nagato
Karasu (III/IV)
Alpha Fighter
Relic Fighter (III/IV)

Energy Generation

Battery
Shield Transfer
Solar Tree
Solar Plant
Power Plant
Antisolar Plant
Sun Spire

Mods
Siege -80%
ShipBoost
Relentless

no environments, opponent has no mods and has strength level 1

lol 1.2% base win rate

Turn 1: Deploy vector, win.
FrancoK

Postby FrancoK » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:31 am

Zso_Zso wrote:If you ever find yourself in need of a few tokens to buy something from the trader, here is a nice setup that will get you some pretty quickly:

In quick fight, select the following custom settings:
Opponent: Random deck (Rivii), Regenerator (4), Hydra fleet, Fortress (large)

Save this setup in your presets for easy recall, and create the following deck (upgrade levels may vary, this is what I had in my collection):

d4541jBjHk3k1jJzljA3Y4p434r3Zk5j_

The key card in the deck is "Control Feedback" you definitely need 4 copies of that, with the large-fortress enemy start 1 of those will do 24 damage and the opponent will start with 12 HP, so instant win! All you need to make sure that you get 1 control feedback in your starting hand and you should get at least 2 instant energy generation card -- there are 15 of those in the above deck, so 50% of the deck, so you are practically guaranteed to get at least 2 of those anyway. If you did not get a control feedback, then reshuffle until you get one. Then play the instant energy generators and the control feedback => 1 round instant win, it usually takes me 6 seconds. Card win chance is low ~40%, but you will get a token.

Nice setup, thank you. :)
I suggest those changes in quick fight:
Opponent: Tactical deck (Dreadnought), Berserk Fleet, Hydra fleet, Fortress (large)

This way the base chance to win a card/token is increased to 44%.

Neb. Guard Tower decrease immediately the :xy: and Neb. Crystal gives none, as stated by Lagomorph, is better to replace them; also as Wv_Hawk_vW suggested few Lightning could help, so here you are the revised deck:

d4143zdjHk3zC3Y43jBzHPezEk1mL

With this deck in addiction to the other awards (Wizard 10, Rusher IV 4% always, Titan 2% usually as Jacoban said) you have Common (+10%) for a final 50%+ of chance to win a card or a token. :)
Additionally you can have Efficent (+3%) if you generate only the minimum energy required and, in time, Unlucky X after few rounds won without a card.

In the starting hand you need 1 control fb and 2 energy source to win (as you studied), plus one lightning and 2 more energy to stay on the safe side, just in case the first and/or the last energy structure give some points to the enemy base. ;)
Last edited by FrancoK on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zso_Zso

Postby Zso_Zso » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Thanks for the tips for improvements!
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:19 pm

It CAN be beaten by 1x Grav Flux Amplifier+3+shield frigates/shieldmorphs
We are "Joacobanfield".
Zso_Zso

Postby Zso_Zso » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:41 pm

After playing a few hundred games with this setup I came to the realization that there is some hidden extra condition for card win rate in addition to the number displayed at the end with all the modifiers. I keep getting a total just around 50% with the tactical deck version and the various extras obtained (titan, rusher etc.). However, in hundreds of games I NEVER won a card, always token, until once the opponent happened to get 2 structures that pushed up the base HP +10 each reaching 32, so my single control feedback was not enough for the win, and it took me to 6 rounds to draw another one. That time I won a card, even though the displayed "chance" was just the same roughly 50%.

Now, it sounds extremely unlikely that I would never win a card with 50% chance for hundreds of games in a row, so I suspect if you win in 1 round you simply cannot win a card.
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:02 pm

There's indeed a check in there somewhere, mainly as a fail-safe against cheating (ie someone manages to crack the encryption and changes the AI's HP to zero in the game's memory).
If this triggers, the game doesn't show you the actual chance to win (in case it was 100+ where players would expect a card drop).

"so I suspect if you win in 1 round you simply cannot win a card."
This is correct, but the cheat protection stuff goes further than that (and i no longer know all the specifics by heart). Unreasonably fast games will probably trigger the cheat protection.

For HD3 i'll have to look at replacing this system with a more indepth droprate calculation, so you can't get extremely high droprates for combinations of mods that make the game too easy. My original idea was to have a weighted droprate across all players, so if someone discovered an easy combination of mods and everyone started playing it, the droprate for this mod combo would start to drop the more players won games with it. But this was a ton of hassle to implement for something that's not this important, so i dropped the idea.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Why playing vs. :rv:/:rv: when you can play vs. :cc:/:cc: and be safe of HP increase???
We are "Joacobanfield".
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:11 pm

Um, no, previous statement wron, I play vs MT, 1 struct with +hps, and 1 ship with base resist

base strgth 1

Ok here's the setup I made.

30 card deck :hu: base with any combination of the following cards, the more ships the better

Haste Ships

Vector
Nagato
Karasu (III/IV)
Alpha Fighter
Relic Fighter (III/IV)

Energy Generation

Battery
Shield Transfer
Solar Tree
Solar Plant
Power Plant
Antisolar Plant
Sun Spire

Mods
Siege -80%
ShipBoost
Relentless

no environments, opponent has no mods and has strength level 1

lol 1.2% base win rate

Turn 1: Deploy vector, win.

Tested. Works better that 1st post (quicker, with no chance of more turns)

BUT gave AI a 30 ship 0 struct deck.
Just in case ::)
We are "Joacobanfield".

Return to “Hidden Dimensions Xyth”