[HD X] AI issues

Discuss everything related to HD:Xyth
Greywing

[HD X] AI issues

Postby Greywing » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:08 am

Here you can post problems with the AI. Preferably only post problems with the AI decisionmaking, not bugs. If it crashes or freezes the game, it's a bug and goes in the bugs topic - if the AI does something stupid, it goes in this topic.
If the AI plays or activates something and it seems to have had no effect (i.e. AI plays a ship destruction card, yet nothing explodes), this is generally a targeting problem and not a bug, so it goes in this topic.

Remember that there's a small button in the top left area of the combat screen that allows you to see the AI's hand.
This screen with the hand contents is not updated in real time. So if you open it during the Ai's turn and the AI plays cards, the popups for some cards will belong to other cards.

There's an option to make the AI run faster, this could produce additional errors in some cases as the AI is capable of launching cards when other cards are still entering/leaving play. If you report bugs/issues, also mention the speed of this setting if you changed it. This setting is experimental, and if it affects the AI, it will be removed again.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
space-mariner51

Re: [HD X] AI issues

Postby space-mariner51 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:24 am

During a long game, AI had Space Warp in his hand, and had enough :mt: because he was running a AR deck. Never played it, despite some good opportunities to do so. I won.
Brightwolf

Postby Brightwolf » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:51 pm

AI played an EMP torpedo, then immediately afterward on the same turn played solar storm. The EMP torpedo was targeted on a Troy.
May honor light your way and guide you to Valhalla.
Williegb

Postby Williegb » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 am

The AI held a Nebula Spire in hand for several turns with no need for the current amount of energy production, at 50% health, and with ships on the board actively being pumped with other cards. I've noticed what may be a trend, or just variance, that the AI is overly conservative holding back structures once it has five in play. It seems it doesn't replace existing structures very often, even when doing so would create a marginal to medium advantage.

Held the Nebula Spire several turns on this board:Image
Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:02 pm

AI uses unstable mutation's ability to drain attack on a ship that has 0 attack. said ship was a relic fighter attacking a mirror shield, so the only result was a lost slot, which, frankly, did not benefit the AI at all with my deck, since it helps me to concentrate in fewer slots.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
http404error

Postby http404error » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:16 pm

In most cases, using attack-lowering abilities (e.g. Technomancer, Venom) on a Radar Silhouette is useless. I don't know why the AI doesn't target other ships on which that would have a lasting impact.
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:45 pm

in order to check out how dark sentinels function, i gave AI a TM/HU deck with disabler-ships and nothing else (h1117dOaj1d089L9M0-af8P9r). obviously, deck was powered by good old solar gates and new solar technoliths (1 :mt: or 1 :hu: + 1 :tm:). but even though nothing in deck requires :mt:, AI still kept a pile of it instead of converting all of it. rough guess, it kept 1/3 of the :mt:, converted 2/3.

second issue with the same deck: i also gave AI a few virus barriers to make the game last longer. AI chose to stick with energy generators even though it was generating more energy than needed. and insisted on it as the deck got thinner and thinner. and kept holding those barriers in hand even when there was no cards left to draw.

third issue (not the same game): AI doesn't understand that it should spread out ghost screens. it started the game by playing three ghost screens in slots 1, 2 and 3.

next, shifting morph copies my GGD for 8 attack and hit-all. nasty... but next turn, instead of obliterating my fleet, it copies its own (freshly launched) dreadnought for 12 attack.
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:58 pm

AI should not launch a lesser prismatic demon in round 1.
AI should not launch echo fighters if i happen to have rivi'i recyclers in play.
AI should not cast berserk action on a 0-attack ship. (maybe it decided to do so because of spark in front)

edit:
ai just played prismatic spark in front of my hypernought. but - instead of leaving it there, ai immediately played ram on the spark.
ai replaces solar rift with a plain solar plant. 1 energy cip can not compare to the fact that solar rifts sometimes win games. i hate the fact that they do but they do.
Last edited by dark1n on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:27 am

AI didn't use Datanought's acti. It's current attack wasn't enough to destroy its blocker, but using the acti would've give Datanought enough attack to destroy the blocker. Datanought got destroyed the next turn.
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:55 am

Playing a marathon game, AI is RV/TM however he uses hes spectrum cores to generate entropic energy, while he doesn't have MT cards on its deck.

To be specific:
He was placed only one Unstable Grav Rift, that generates one :mt: but he later used 2 Spectrum Cores to generate :mt: (because he has 3 :mt: generation).
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
Verden Leafglow

Postby Verden Leafglow » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:49 pm

I couldn't help but notice that the computer doesn't seem to use Entropic Channeler's ability, even if the computer has masses of Entropic energy lying around.
Verden Leafglow

Postby Verden Leafglow » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Another comment I'll make on computer behavior is that it often pointlessly scraps a building to replace it with another one. Example: the computer had 33 :rv: and chose to scrap its Grav Flux Amplifier, replacing it with a Grav Current Buoy. Hmmm...
space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:31 am

AI's Thunder Mage was in front of my ship, and all but 1 of my ship slots are full. The Mage's blocker had 9 health, less than its normal attack, but more than its acti's damage. AI use Mage's acti over finishing the blocker. I think at some # of opposing ships in play, AI will spam Thunder Mage's acti over letting it attack normally.
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:39 pm

ai slams fuel tanker at my delta fighter; i had full-health (although blocked) firewing, nagato and crys nagato; also vulture in front of tanker. two moves later, second tanker - again at delta fighter. ignoring my elite fighters and carrier...

ai deploys a shield bastion removing nanobot tower. not only was energy not an issue (40+), there were inferior energy structures to replace.

later, ai replaces said shield bastion with grav current buoy. even if energy was needed (60+) there was another buoy in slot 5 that could have been replaced instead of a clearly superior structure.
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:06 pm

you know how when ai sees that he's about to win, he doesn't play cards or abilities, just goes for the attack phase... well it just happened to me - 4 turns in a row. the problem is in an unblocked siege engine (in this case, shifting morph that has copied my siege engine). ai thinks that those 10 damage (that just don't happen) will win the game. meanwhile, i stayed alive (mostly thanks to dark energy shield) and actually won.

also, deck generator puts too many data cubes in ai's spectrum deck. cubes no longer generate energy but deck generator didn't get the memo.

edit: just played a weird and really one-sided game against ai... ai doesn't want to play reliquaries with no ships on board (neither di i, unless i really have to) but it removes an existing structure before deciding not to play a reliquary. screenshot1, screenshot2

also when ai does play those reliquaries (also combat nodes etc.) it isn't careful to play them after any ships that turn.
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:24 pm

New patch is up. A number of the reported issues have been looked at and the AI adjusted accordingly where needed.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:51 am

playing a pure CA deck, ai plays two AM engineers and then keeps pumping fusion energy from both. it doesn't usually do that. maybe rev knowledge messed something up?

in a previous game, ai disables my 1hp ship (exarch) and then right away kills it (plasma screen); two turns later, disables another ship (full strength) and immediately slams AM bomb into it.

data shield on radar sil (maybe i reported this one before)
space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:00 am

AI has a Shield Frigate with 4 damage and a Virus Barrier. It repairs the ship for 3hp with Virus barrier, then regens Shield frigate for 1hp. AI kepl doing that, even though there are better targets for Virus Barrier to repair.
space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:25 am

Same game:

-AI played Interceptor's acti on my Siege Cruiser, then played Sabatoge on it. Interceptor took 7 damage.
-AI had Defector Field and I had a hydramorph in play. Ai played damage-dealing action (likely Fusion Furnace). With Hydramorph at 1 health, AI played another Deflector Field in front of my hydramorph.
space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:52 am

Same game:

-AI kept using Unstable Morph's acti on my Nanobot Carrier, even though it had 0 attack and other shipa had attack
-AI has 2 Techno Exarchs out and hugh amount of :tm: . AI only disabled 1 ship and I had 6-7 ships in play.

Return to “Hidden Dimensions Xyth”