[HD X] AI issues

Discuss everything related to HD:Xyth
space-mariner51

Re: [HD X] AI issues

Postby space-mariner51 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:53 am

When AI has multiple Exarchs/Vultures out and the energy to use all of their actis, it only disables 1 ship. Even when it can disable all of my ships.
Ken Ddoox

Postby Ken Ddoox » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21 am

Even though that's correct, I'd rather it was not fixed lol!
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:49 pm

AI had an (unbuffed) besreker in play. My base was down to 55 hp.
WHy did it play renless assault when it could have cast a battle queen???
We are "Joacobanfield".
I joined up about 2 years ago.
Wrote a bit of TTOFH and a little secret project.
Oh, I also love Disney/Pixar´s Inside Out.
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:57 am

Again sm issue
We are "Joacobanfield".
Lagomorph

Postby Lagomorph » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:34 pm

The AI just plays whatever they have energy for. There aren't that many options when it comes to decision making in this game, so playing whatever whenever tends to work out most of the time.
The lagomorphs are the members of the taxonomic order Lagomorpha, of which there are two living families: the Leporidae (hares and rabbits) and the Ochotonidae (pikas).
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Indeed, the AI does little conserving of energy and also can't make decisions based on what might happen in future turns. It looks at the current boardstate and at all the stuff it can play or activated and it will then play and activate whatever it deems beneficial as long as it has the energy to do so.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Part of the multiple-AI system suggestion:

Keep the current AI as is, and create a duplicate that re-checks the current boardstate between every action. That way, it doesn't waste 5 disables on a used battlecruiser.
My skype is helix.cipher if anyone decides they want to contact me or do a sci-fi RP or something.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
FrancoK

Postby FrancoK » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:01 am

Greywing wrote:Indeed, the AI does little conserving of energy and also can't make decisions based on what might happen in future turns. It looks at the current boardstate and at all the stuff it can play or activated and it will then play and activate whatever it deems beneficial as long as it has the energy to do so.

I disagree. ::)

I'm playing in Marathon and have a Entropic Channeller, weapon Morphed to 0, and 4 Shifting Morph (they all copy EC) and other ships with 0 attack.

I waited 10+ turns to have enought energy to start and AI (5 cards in hand and 0 in the deck) waited with me.

I activated the Channeller and used one SM to copy it's attack.

After I damaged the AI base, it used 2 Lost Mine to destroy both ships, so it waited the right moment to kill the right ships, IMO.
Lagomorph

Postby Lagomorph » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:34 am

FrancoK wrote:
Greywing wrote:Indeed, the AI does little conserving of energy and also can't make decisions based on what might happen in future turns. It looks at the current boardstate and at all the stuff it can play or activated and it will then play and activate whatever it deems beneficial as long as it has the energy to do so.

I disagree. ::)

I'm playing in Marathon and have a Entropic Channeller, weapon Morphed to 0, and 4 Shifting Morph (they all copy EC) and other ships with 0 attack.

I waited 10+ turns to have enought energy to start and AI (5 cards in hand and 0 in the deck) waited with me.

I activated the Channeller and used one SM to copy it's attack.

After I damaged the AI base, it used 2 Lost Mine to destroy both ships, so it waited the right moment to kill the right ships, IMO.

AI doesn't target 0 & 1 atk ships with disable/destroy, except maybe Mirror Shield.
The lagomorphs are the members of the taxonomic order Lagomorpha, of which there are two living families: the Leporidae (hares and rabbits) and the Ochotonidae (pikas).
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:31 pm

The AI didn't predict that you would create those ships, it simply decided that the ships weren't a threat big enough to waste a ship destruction card on, until they had a ton of attack. If you were up against a player, that player might try to kill the Shifting Morphs before you were able to use them, as a player can see the obivous combo waiting to happen, while the AI doesn't.

The attack value of a ship plays a big role when it comes to the AI looking for the most threatening ships. In some cases, the AI values abilities very high as well, such as a spark or Technowall.
SVC - NULLL games.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:02 pm

The AI should be able to plan ahead when it comes to killing every ship available and try to get either card, energy or presence advantage whenever possible, determining which one is the most important at the time.

Example: I deploy a dreadnought against the humans as the first ship I have put down. The AI may choose to instantly get rid of it with a lost mine, giving it energy advantage; use deflector field, giving presence advantage, energy advantage, AND card advantage (draw denial through bouncing!), at the expense of quality for any one of those (deflector field isn't exactly a very powerful ship), or it can get an even larger presence advantage by deploying a firewing to soften the dreadnought up, then when the firewing dies, deploy a hiraga to crush it.

It should also be able to synergize all cards together in order to provide larger support to one of the three key strategies. Example: if the AI doesn't need the extra energy, it can choose to rip out one of its solar citadels, and immediately deploy a solar engineer. This effectively means at the very minimum 4 healing to all ships at the expense of card advantage, which if you don't need the energy, probably means you can afford to sacrifice slight card advantage in favor of major presence advantage.
My skype is helix.cipher if anyone decides they want to contact me or do a sci-fi RP or something.

space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:15 am

Did 3 games when I got an unblocked dreadnought out. AI doesn't seem to know it's auto. (didn't block it at first, prefering my 3rd highest attack ship for some reason; after it played Spire Fusion, AI played a structure right in front on my dreadnought [It played 2 in the 2 leftmost slots])
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:44 pm

OMG A.I´S MOST EPICAL PHAIL!!!! PLACING MYTHICAL CREATURE IN FRON OF 27 ATT CHANNELLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It had 12 def.
We are "Joacobanfield".
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Not a bug, a TYPO
"opponent plays Gravimorph and increases Negator its defense"
We are "Joacobanfield".
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:23 pm

I don't see a typo there - where is it?
SVC - NULLL games.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:38 pm

increases Negator its defense.

Should be,

increases Negator's defense.

Greywing

Postby Greywing » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Nah, both are correct. 'its' is easier because then i don't have to check if the name ends in 's' - if a name does end in 's', 'its' is still valid, the other option not.
SVC - NULLL games.
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:47 am

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:increases Negator its defense.

Should be,

increases Negator's defense.

Greywing wrote:Nah, both are correct. 'its' is easier because then i don't have to check if the name ends in 's' - if a name does end in 's', 'its' is still valid, the other option not.

As far I know, "Negator's" is "Negator its" shortening.
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
Ken Ddoox

Postby Ken Ddoox » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:37 am

joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:39 am

OK, so new blog. I am anxiously waiting for HD3. Maybe we could implement some of the issues posted here? And please, Grey, fix the bug that allowed AI to deploy a struct and kill it in the same turn.

NOTE: This user will be absent from January 8th to January 21th. My PC will be restored and that takes some time.
We are "Joacobanfield".

Return to “Hidden Dimensions Xyth”