Player Made Campaign Support

Discuss everything related to HD:Xyth
DEEP SPACE

Re: Player Made Campaign Support

Postby DEEP SPACE » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:11 pm

I ignore the rate thingy, just i want that people play and get fun with my campaigns. :)
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Hawk's RV story campaign online.
The Spectralis core.

elenchus

Postby elenchus » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 pm

My campaign, "T-Symmetry", is updated. Several of the missions have been changed completely and others have some balance changes, so please provide feedback.

"-nought" updated to reflect the fact that Grav Tide Generator is now useless in a rush deck.
    "Two" buffed in light of the fact that the AI blows its last Solar and Dark quanta away often.
    "Three" shipyards nerfed dramatically. Number of shipyards also reduced.
    The real version of "Four" is finally complete.
    "Six", "Seven" and "Eight" are new missions. I'd definitely like feedback on these most of all.
    "Ten" can now play two structures at once without killing itself.
    "Outsider" renamed to "Out of Phase" and rebalanced.
    "To the End of Time" changed to reflect changes in previous missions.
    Former mission "Eight" moved and renamed "Lost to History". Various balance changes.
    New optional mission, "Timeshifted".
    "At the End of Time" rebalanced.
    The Time Spiral card in each of the missions has been rebalanced.
    Some opening and closing flavor text has been altered to reflect the above changes.

To do list:
    "Twelve" unlocks an optional mission instead of "One". Maybe one to do with the twelve 'hour' missions in a meta sense?
    "One", "Nine" and "Twelve" are updated.
    Close loophole allowing people to skip "One".
    Thematics of "Five", "Six" and "Ten" are cleaned up.
    Find a different theme for "Seven".
    Stronger thematic link between "Out of Phase" and "Eleven".
    More optional missions.
    Clean up the inevitable problems that I won't notice until I've submitted the campaign already.

...Yeah. There's still a lot of work to do.
Last edited by elenchus on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Silux

Postby Silux » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 pm

i'm weak to overly complex graphs.
sadly i can't provide feedback in short time.
Keep going!
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Nice layout :)
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
elenchus

Postby elenchus » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:51 am

Thanks! This is actually the same layout as I used before; I just decided to show the connectivity this time.

Start at -nought (0). Beat -nought to unlock Out of Phase (15) and One (1).
Out of Phase unlocks Eleven (11) and Lost to History (16).

One and Eleven are two of the twelve 'hour' missions around the clock face (1-12); every time you beat one, you unlock the 'hour' before and after. For example, beating One unlocks Two and Twelve; beating Twelve unlocks Eleven and One (if you haven't unlocked Eleven yet.)

Lost to History unlocks the optional mission Timeshifted (16). If you beat Lost to History and all 'hour' missions, you can play the second-last mission, To the End of Time (13). This unlocks the last mission, At the End of Time (14).
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Sun May 12, 2013 11:56 pm

My new campiaign, HU Arrival is out
We are "Joacobanfield".
I joined up about 2 years ago.
Wrote a bit of TTOFH and a little secret project.
Oh, I also love Disney/Pixar´s Inside Out.
elenchus

Postby elenchus » Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 am

Sorry, but I have a tendency to only talk about the things I don't like rather than the things I do, so I'm sorry if this comes off as rude.

Mission 1: Plays a lot like a normal challenge instead of an elite challenge; Donvren Scout isn't exactly an interesting card to think of a counter to. In my playthrough they only got out two Grav Wave Hubs and got stuck with seven cards in hand frequently. Mission 1 story: Grammar, spelling, plot. (How would research tell you the name of the aliens? What efficient hull plating? Misspelling Donvren is not good at all.)

Mission 2: What is the DSE? I can't think of a thematic reason for an Interceptor to have those abilities. Again plays like a normal challenge; modded Interceptor isn't an interesting card to have to plan around (wiped it out with a Nagato in one turn). +2 attack bonus on an early mission? Seriously? Given that this campaign is probably going to play out like a series of normal missions, +2 attack will be a game breaker.

Mission 3: No reason for Sentinel to have that ability, plays out like a normal challenge.

Mission 4: ...Wait, I thought the Ca'anians attacked us. Figured this would be a lot easier than it actually was, became overconfident, misplayed and got buried. Restart battle.

Mission 4, the sequel: The deck can't recover from a losing position at all. High HP just makes battles longer, not harder, if the deck can't do that.

Mission 5: Completely unremarkable. I can't think of a single good thing to say about this- not because the mission's horrible, but because the mission's boring.

Mission 6: See above. Also, it strains suspension of disbelief to discover the name of the Technomancers in the way you describe.

Mission 7: See above.

Mission 8: ..."Space museum"? Often low on energy and unable to play cards.

Final notes: Spelling and grammar. Plot issues, including lots of dangling plot threads. I don't like campaigns with lots of normal missions, because they show lack of creativity and/or effort, and yours effectively is comprised only of normal missions. Relying only on shipboost and huge base HP to provide difficulty is a bad idea, as evidenced by the fact I cheesed through the entire campaign with one deck. Having a campaign containing eight missions where you fight each of the eight races, and nothing else, was overdone even when nobody had done it yet and reminds me of my first campaign, which was horrible for that exact reason. I see a distinct lack of effort in making the campaign.
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Wed May 15, 2013 1:38 am

That was newbie-friendly, im thinking of a harder vresion.

Also, CA dont attack its a CA AI

DSE= Deep Space Excavations
We are "Joacobanfield".
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Wed May 15, 2013 2:27 am

Hard Verion up, with optional missions
We are "Joacobanfield".
elenchus

Postby elenchus » Wed May 15, 2013 8:14 am

Mission 1: Some mistakes with grammar. Donvren Scylior looks fun, though the acti could use a lower cost. A more interesting deck than last time overall; were you aiming to make a deck with cards that exploited Donvren Scylior's auto?

Mission 2: Unremarkable. Plays lika a normal mission.

Mission 3: You should still explain the DSE inside the campaign. Interesting take on healing (extremely fragile healers), though given that you require everyone to use a HU deck it's a given that everyone will use 4xNagato.

Mission 4: Unremarkable.

Optional Mission 1: Unremarkable.

Mission 5: It can stall the opponent's offense for a while but can't really follow up well.

Mission 6: Don't understand why Techno Mimic has that acti.

Mission 7: Don't understand why those ships have those abilities. Dealing direct damage with a fragile ship against a base with 2 resist and retaliate is unwise. Overall no (or too few, but I saw none) large ships, leaving the deck woefully unable to stop Hiragas/Phoenix.

Optional Mission 2: Holy shit. OK. Launching Crystal Dorgans (not a relic ship) seems kinda weird. Turn 3 Mythicalize for game.

Mission 8: The opponent didn't get any energy structures and started discarding cards during the opening turns because of a full hand, which can't bode well for this mission. Did you reduce the HP of the ships? They're down to 9 HP without having played anything; this is too pathetic to watch... wait... they just drew the last card in their deck. And discarded. Did you, you know, forget to put in energy structures? Or make the base generate energy?

Final thoughts: Also, despite this campaign being labeled as hard it's still way too easy; I still blew through it with one deck (the same one I used last time, in fact) and didn't even die this time, so it's arguably easier than last time. The occasional interesting mission aside (1, 3), it still plays like a series of normal missions. Desperately needs testing, because the weakness of the second optional mission to Lost Mine/Mythicalize would have been quickly discovered during testing, and the final mission... well. Grammar mistakes remain, but better than last time. You should still start putting in effort; there are more interesting missions here, but there are also some ridiculously bad ones too.
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Wed May 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Im editing it today, R463 Fighters have 3 guns and are fragile while the cruiser is stronger, but fragile. A Vector cant handle a Cruser
We are "Joacobanfield".
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Wed May 15, 2013 2:03 pm

1: Decrased cost for DS acti (Be careful and rush AI before they gat out big ships)
2: If you put more ships its much hareder.
3:Improved the healers defense. Ships with high def, healers, resistance ships recomended.
4: More ships at start. heavily recomend Troy. I took heavy damage. Shield generator recomended
OP1: Added more ships at start with different abilities and stats.
5: more ships at start. Sentinel Modified. ended at 50%
6: Be careful of the Tecnomancer.
7: added more ships. It just froze,i think it is a bug.Lesset TDs deal 0 damage to base, such as teh GD from the start. Added Grater :hu: and :rv: demons
OP2:Put a relic figter and a Relic figter carrier spawninfg one costs 10 :rl: . Added a few structs (hp increasers ruin the game!)
8: Added Structures. base HP is HUGE!(on Legend)They can take a lot of damage and tease you with battleships.recommended Nagatos

Note: I ve been playing campaigns which are TOO easy. Early missions give 5 SHIP ATTACK and that bonus repeats, leaving you OP and completing the campaign OP

note2: In t-symetry, in the mission In which opponent begins with 3 derbis ( when die, owners hp lowers by 99) Ai recycled it HAHA
We are "Joacobanfield".
elenchus

Postby elenchus » Mon May 20, 2013 2:11 am

Are you playing campaigns on easiest difficulty? On higher difficulties the AI has over 99 HP, so the mission isn't trivial. ...The AI also seems not to recycle much on campaign tests as opposed to the challenge battle, but that may just be biased memory.

Currently T-Symmetry is under revision; I've revised up to the mission Eight.
elenchus

Postby elenchus » Sun May 26, 2013 6:49 am

T-Symmetry revised again.

Changes: Trimming unnecessary missions. I kinda went overboard on the optional missions, so I'm cutting two out.
Replacing the missions Four, Six, Seven, and Twelve. (The former was horrible and the latter three had poor connection to their respective themes.)
Lots of balancing issues (finally) fixed. If there's still something way too easy or too hard, please inform me of it.
Second-last mission changed to remove campaign-breaking error.
Cumulative missions changed to reflect changes in missions above.

Please provide feedback.
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:32 pm

My new campaign is out. its about a huge nrg drain
Other 1 out, THE LIGHTNNG THIEF (edit: OP mission has 1 SEVERLY OP CARD) it blows up 4 rnd ships. i did it on purpose. ::) ::)
YES!!!!!! ifinished Age of piracy thanks to the suicide auto of stolen prismatic crystal!!
We are "Joacobanfield".
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Playing CA huge cannon. Finsished 1st and 2nd quickly,

lost 3 times at infected shipyard (flood) But finally besreker+sacrifice+relentless assauult plowed thru.

1st base retal mission has a piontless auto on the hungers. How are they supposed to damage you for 1 each if your base has 1 resist?. Card names are funny. A 10 :mt: weapon morph gave 80+def to a soldier drone. Ii had an OVERSEER. Played on shield drone, 90+def...Played on fusion eng... 80+... Thaks for the invincivity, deepy. Silverware =pointless. The AI did not use the actis not even once. The mission was actually an excersise on "how to kill Hungers"
We are "Joacobanfield".
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:17 am

It depends what mission you decide to play first, its true that once you get the resistance bonus the other (now optional) mission becomes a cake. I found sad that AI doesn't uses actis, not sure why.
The Spectralis core.

joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:46 am

EDIT: I will provide screenies from game ends to provide additional info to the maker, DEEP SPACE

Names: Infected trash?

You dont know how well chain reaction is on next mission... Infected drones just die

YES! FINALLY BEAT IT!

screenie...

Brass cup... MORE SPAWNS! The mission is funny. Just wait it out. Te reward was... out of place. The campaign is limited to CC so, I should have given 1 :cc: gen.

More names: Vectron

AI played cruise missile on a spawn :p . Anyway my assault drones were getting hammered by base retal

Won a salvager ;D

Typo... busy goes with s, not with z

Names: Disable and Damage trademark-hilarous
Nap time- ???
Spatial Quake Missile-good
Put some small ships. by turn 4 the base is 50% health.

Won a grav blind spot ;D

Next mission

Names: Too many!

Data thief is funny. Dies to quick, even angaist a soldier drone (+1 att, rmember)

Side comments:

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are "Joacobanfield".
joacobanfield

Postby joacobanfield » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:21 am

So, I played thru my own Lightning thief campaign.
(e24685z6f4V4T5x4L4R4X4-5X5y4_4W4P5D4Z5v5w4N4M)
Mission 1:
That Interceptor. Really annoying, but I like it. Beserkers and Interceptors saved me form death by beserker(beserker blocking beserker was not a great idea after all, especially with that 99 defense Interceptor.
Got a Neb Grazer Lvl II for my mess (Tricky modifier)

Mission 2:
Typo: Contracted. Should have been Hired
Bounty hunter vector: Barely notice the auto changes
I will never know why I nerfed the firewing
That Aimaru has the potential to become SERIOUSLY annoying
THAT MOTH/&%/%$ AKATA!
Nagato is interesting, but usually plays for me
Pulsar: Fascinating. A war version of Akata
Overall: Interesting, but feels like the pirates are sometimes made of paper if no akatas are on the field
(Grr. Just got an akata blocking a beserker. Darn it, and the 12 HP heal.)

Techno base guards:
Interesting, but not remarkable
Made Of Paper! AGAIN!
Cerbrus drone deals some heavy damage to them if correctly placed
Non-TBGs:
Beserkers deal with the base...too easy
No, not so. Took VERY heavy base damage.
Got a Freighter for my mess

More like...fun mission, for joy purposes. Simply put "Your defensive capabilities are unable to withstand us"
(I remember remembering seeing that the deck had beomce quite popular in PvP)

Brace for incoming hard mission!
Lost (Attrition)
Won! After try 5. Because the enemy ran out of cards and akatas.
(And 99+Fusion)

Changed the level of some cards.
e6386lb6fl95xkrko4V4T4L4R4X4-5X5y4_4P4M4W5D4Z5v5w4N
Beserker+Overseer+Interceptor won this one.

The XY attack is REALLY reduced by acti overuse...Withe the base resist reward, they hardly deal any damage...
Damn. Lots.Of.HP.
Fusion Furnace CIP killed a spark. Yay. And Fusions plant, An 8ATT opaline XY.

8. (CC Vs CC!)
Exchanged shatterers.
Bring a support spire/Tarogi/NB carrier to negate the retal damage
Won using the Anti-hawk technique of distraction
Wait, was I lazy enough to abbreviate ENERGY!!!!

9-
You can ignore the cargoships!
We are "Joacobanfield".

Return to “Hidden Dimensions Xyth”