Show Us Your Deck(s)!

Discuss everything related to HD3
Baenlynn

Show Us Your Deck(s)!

Postby Baenlynn » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:23 am

As the name implies. Post your current HD3 deck or decks. What flagship/boosts/Mercs are you using with it?

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Primary Race:[/b]
[b]Secondary Race:[/b]
[b]Cards:[/b]
Ships:
[url=]Card Name[/url]
Structures:
[url=]Card Name[/url]
Actions:
[url=]Card Name[/url]
[b]Notes:[/b]
[list][*]
[/list]
Last edited by Baenlynn on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The truest measure of our character is the way in which we treat our enemies."
Baenlynn

Re: Show Us Your Deck(s)!

Postby Baenlynn » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:02 am

Name: Dark Evolutions
Primary Race: Mith'ri'aeil :mt:
Secondary Race:Ca'anian :ca:
Cards: 44
Ships: 20
3x Devourer
2x Infective Growth
4x Leech Swarm
3x Plasma Screen
4x Thogrom Bomber
4x Support Node

Structures: 11
1x Armored Growth
4x Obscure Megalith
2x Railgun Turret
4x Inversion Monolith

Actions:13
2x Entropic Regeneration
3x Mutate
2x Antimatter Bomb
2x Shield Link
4x Dark Fission Vault

Notes:
  • This deck started off as a pure :mt: deck early on in the game. Once I'd unlocked the HD areas I started adding in :ca: .
  • The entire purpose of this deck is being able to put aggro wherever I want it. The Thogrom Bombers, Devourers and plasma screens ensure I can do that, and the Leech Swarms and Infective Growths are a good backup. Infective Growth also gets a plus because its damage ability doesn't lower its total defense, so it can be repaired.
  • Coupled with my flagship ( :mt: 3 :rl: 1, 4/30, Hydra, resist :ca: 2, repair 2 each turn and repair 2 for :mt: , deal 5 damage to random ship on play and 3 damage to random ship whenever a :mt: ship is launched [triggers 6 times]), this deck is beastly. But the deck is still pretty badass without it.
  • The primary reason for the support nodes is to offset the use of mutate, but they also help add longevity to the Thogrom bombers and give me extra shots with the Plasma Screens and Devourers.
  • Once I've got all my ship slots full I can generally one-shot just about anything with defense below 35, and if I can't there are two antimatter bombs in the deck. The repair actions are a just in case measure, they were cut down from 3 copies each after I noticed I was hardly using them.
  • The card list is currently going through a reshuffle while I figure out the precise ratio of energy structures to resource actions to use(i.e. Dark Fission Vault, Entropic Siphon). While Armored Growth has no effect on a leech swarm it can help make the support nodes more useful, and any time it triggers on the flagship is just a bonus, early in the game with only 1 or two ships in play it is very useful, just wish I had more than 1 copy.
  • My only real worry with this deck is Sparks and Aether Sparks. But, if I'm playing a :xy: opponent I will usually put the flagship in the last ship slot rather than the first, and when push comes to shove I can always sacrifice any one of four ships before the combat phase if I don't have a railgun turret in play.
  • I have run through a dozen different HD zones and over 100 Battles with nothing but this deck and the flagship and not lost a single duel.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?
elenchus

Postby elenchus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:36 am

Only 12 energy sources? How's that working out for you? At least Dark Fission Vault should be a proper structure; your :ca: energy consumption in lategame when you've filled your structure slots is not really that high.

44 cards.

I guess theoretically you might run into problems if your opponent tosses a bunch of good AoE at you in one turn and you can't hit Support Node, though that's mostly the domain of Blueprint decks. I'd guess you might also have problems if your opponent can rush you down, since you need to gather a bunch of ships onto the field before you can reliably kill whatever your opponent plays in one turn? Though again, outside of Blueprint, AI decks are all really slow.

---

My current Exploration deck is a Spectralis Core deck:

4x Prismatic Demon
2x Greater Prismatic Demon
4x Ghost Ship
2x Ancient Engineer
4x Spectralis Engineer
3x Derelict Battleship
4x Alpha Destroyer
1x Alpha Battleship
2x Excession
1x Glorious Starcrusher

4x Spectralis Core
1x Data Cube

1x Combat Support
3x Data Crystal
1x Chaotic Burst
3x Lost Mine

It's largely hindered by my lack of good cards to spend oodles of AR energy on. :P A good chunk of my current ship loadout has really been underperforming and only one Data Cube means the deck can occasionally just run out of steam before hitting a heal card.
Baenlynn

Postby Baenlynn » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:14 am

Yeah. Road testing in exploration mode is not the way to go. I meant to edit this the day after I posted it, and then work got very busy so I haven't had time to sit in front of a computer until today. I've made some changes, dropped the antimatter bombs, added a few relics, took out a few ships, and changed the flagship. I was trying to make it work with 49 cards there at one stage, but the drop rate for all my core cards fell right off a cliff. Surprisingly it was dropping two ships that fixed the whole equation. I have completed more than one blueprint challenge and they are difficult enough as it is, but ambushes are more painful. Generally the best strategy for either is to hold back the dam with whatever I can afford to lose until I have enough on my side to bring the pain, against AoE that generally requires taking the risk of letting myself take more hits.

For your deck I would try taking on some of the :rl: tactical challenges to net yourself some of the more obscure AR ships. Spectrum Carrier would be a good early game compliment (assuming you can get a spectralis core on the field early on) as you could fill the field with fodder fairly quickly. I'm not normally one to play with life sacrifice as a mechanic but I can see how easy it would be to start throwing out heavy hitters very quickly. Only other race I could see being able to do this would be :rv: and that would require more than one salvage yard in play and a battle carrier to provide the fodder.

Name: Dark Evolutions
Primary Race: Mith'ri'aeil :mt:
Secondary Race:Ca'anian :ca:
Cards: 44
Ships: 18
3x Devourer
2x Infective Growth
3x Leech Swarm
3x Plasma Screen
3x Thogrom Bomber
4x Support Node

Structures: 13
2x Antifusor
2x Railgun Turret
3x Obscure Megalith
4x Inversion Monolith
2x Sensor Cluster

Actions: 13
2x Entropic Regeneration
3x Mutate
2x Shield Link
3x Dark Fission Vault
3x Entropic Siphon

Notes:
  • I changed the flagship from a Devourer to a Plague Morph, 1 more :mt: for 1 more attack and 4 less defense. Everything else is still the same. I'm still not sure if I'm happy with the tradeoff, as it has to wait to launch until turn 3 more often than I'd like.
  • The Sensor Clusters are just a better fit for this deck than armored growth, while they cost more in the long run, they enable me to choose what to buff. The Railgun Turrets are self-explanatory.
  • With the energy relics my total number of energy cards sits at 15 and 7 of those generate more than 1 energy off the bat. The only problem I run into is running short on :ca: energy in some games when I find myself needing to choose between buffing ships or launching a Plasma Screen/Thogrom Bomber
elenchus

Postby elenchus » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:56 am

I like the idea behind your deck! The only new comment I have to make regards your use of Mutate; it can't go live on Thogrom Bomber or Plasma Screen, and three of your remaining four ships are low-HP, so it doesn't seem like a Mutated ship would stick on the board for very long. Have you found the synergy with Leech Swarm strong enough to run it anyway?

I've tried Spectrum Carrier in my deck, but I don't much like it; it's more fit for a stall deck than a ramp deck like this one, because 3 attack just isn't enough pressure. Applying pressure is really important here because Spectralis Core is very much not a sustainable energy source, so if you can't apply enough pressure to beat down early defenses and defeat the opponent quickly, it's fairly easy for them to stabilize and take out your ships one by one.

I'm currently testing out a Chaos Barrier/Spectralis Core deck. I have high hopes for it! Greater Prismatic Demon aside, none of AR's beatsticks are actually all that impressive compared to in-race big ships, which might make up for the inconsistency involved in relying on Chaos Barrier to play a good chunk of the big ships.
fruchti

Postby fruchti » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:20 pm

here is my Obfuscation Tower Deck:

Flagship:
Emerald Xyloxy (5/25)
Hydra
played: blocker loses 2 attack
auto: repair for 2
acti: target ship gains 1 attack and 2 defence

Energy Base:
4x Shield Bastion
4x Grav Crystal
4x Nebular Crystal
3x Gravitational Buoy

Base Cards:
4x Obfuscation Tower
4x Spectrum Carrier
2x Nebula Spire

Killers:
4x Spark
4x Ambush

Speed Up:
4x Combat Support
3x Data Crystal

How to play:
Goal of the deck is to play two Obfuscation Towers while generating 4 :rv: energy each turn and thus lock the enemy out of card draw. A single Obfuscation Tower can slow down the enemy so much that it is quite likely to find (7 Speed Up Cards in a 40 cards deck) and play a second one. Flag ship and Spectrum Carriers can be used to block middle class ships, Spawns either slowly kill small or repeatedly block large ships. Once the lock is reached, Spectrum Carriers, their Spawns and/or Flagship will slowly overpower whatever is left on the battlefield (either repeatedly launching Spawns or power up Carriers with acti of Flagship or Nebula Spire). Don't block too big ships with the carriers. The carriers profit enormously if the game takes time. They work perfectly fine against small and middle class ships. Against single strong ships the "killers" Spark and Ambush can be used.
I tried Battle Carrier when I first tested the deck, but it uses too much :rv:, both for playing itself and the Spawns, and it lacks regeneration, so it can easily die in the long run.

The correct timing to use the Speed Up cards can be key to win. Very often it is important to find a key card fast, be it a Tower, a killer or an energy generator, sometimes it is better to use the repair later or to spend the energy differently. Especially :xy: has to be handled with care in early game. I'm using :rv: as base energy at the moment, but I'm not sure if it is better with :xy:. Also thought about using a weaker but cheaper flagship.

The deck is obviously not suited for Mercenaries or Blueprint games, and not meant to, but powerful in Single Duels. In Exploration, where I have high base resist and regeneration, it is even boring. The most dangerous opponents use Adelan Device (which is still quite slow and can be beaten) and Data Cube, which "unlocks the lock". Decks that play many small ships first/second turn may win if you have a bad start hand, but are mostly compensated due to high base repair and base HP gain. Flagship is key here. As those decks are mostly unable to bring real threats in mid game, they suffer enormously from a single Obfuscation Tower.

Comments and suggestions welcome

edit: corrected card links
Last edited by fruchti on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
fruchti

Postby fruchti » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:33 pm

can smb please explain why card links are not working for me? I also tried [url=], but when checking preview, the = signs are deleted and it's not shown correctly...
sorry for that
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:58 pm

You wrote

[url]Shield Bastion[/url]
but you'll have to add in the actual url - it's not automatic.

Example for vector write

[url=http://nulll-void.com/games/wiki/doku.php?id=hd3:cards:vector]Vector[/url]

And you'll get : Vector
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
elenchus

Postby elenchus » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:30 am

fruchti wrote:
Comments and suggestions welcome

edit: corrected card links

Off the top of my head:

Nanobot Swarm? Should help against early aggression. Similarly for Shield Frigate or just giving your Flagship base resist stuff.

If you're worried about Adelan Device/Data Cube, running Ancient Torpedo or Shatter or somesuch seems the simplest answer, but they might pop up too infrequently to be worth teching against; besides, they wouldn't stop other threats like Archaeon or Trasher.

Spectrum Carrier seems like it could occasionally be an unreliable win condition, especially against high-base-resist opponents. Have you considered running a separate threat entirely instead of Nebula Spire?
fruchti

Postby fruchti » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:30 pm

Archaoen is actually not a real threat. I met him 3 times in test games yet, and I won all of them. He directly got killed by either Spark or Ambush, and his enter the battlefield killed a tower only once. That slows me down for sure, but it was not enough to stop me. Same for ancient torpedo against Tower. I think part of what makes it much stronger than it looks like are the "speed up" cards. I rarely wait for a card I need, and I often draw a second tower early.

Also battle carrier plus flagship worked as win condition up to now nicely. Easily bringing a carrier to 15 attack over time, and there is a lot of time. Once the full lock is in place, it's just a matter of time, as I can draw all the deck freely.

Spark is sometimes a pure loss, e.g. vs Grav Flux Amplifier, Shard Tree and similar things. Also doesn't always kill what it is supposed to kill (Dark Sentinel sacrifice coming to my mind). I'll exchange it for Nanobot Swarm. Very nice idea. Nanobot Leeches could also work, but they are a bit slower. I'll test both.

I did think about replacing Nebular Spire before, maybe Sapphire Xyloxi is an alternative. I will test that one, too. At least it can block when needed, and it doesn't occupy another structure slot.

When I actually faced Adelan Device, it was still a won game. AI destroyed my energy structures first, and was stuck in a full card lock for about 10 turns. That was enough to kill his base with Spawns.

@Baenlynn
I tested your deck, and I like it. I have something that works with a similar idea in mono :hu:, based on Artillery Turret, Hiraga, and a Flag Ship with acti: disable, but it is much much slower than yours. Maybe I'll try building a :hu: :ca: version and see if it works as well as yours.

I would personally change a few things, but I guess they are mostly a matter of taste:
I would swap Plasma Screen for Dark Sentinel, as it can profit from Support Node and Mutate (no immobile) and has in-built regen. Of course it has lower damage output and higher cost. I guess it depends on the situation which one is better.
I would also swap Entropic Regeneration and Shield Link for 4x Regrowth, as I found it most often more useful to regen one ship fully than all ships a little bit.
Finally I would replace Sensor Cluster with Railgun Turret. I didn't like the random energy cost of Sensor Cluster at all, as it made playing :ca: ships very hard in my (few) test games. Maybe Armored Growth is an alternative, too, especially when changing Plasma Screen to Dark Sentinel.
Btw, I do like Mutate in the deck. Flagship obviously loves it. But it can also be used to "kind of shoot 6 damage" to an opposing ship when critically needed to kill it. Very useful that way too (for example if you lost the Flagship).
I fear it is too expensive, but Space Warp could turn the game in critical situations, as you can shoot twice. May be worth a few test games.
Etgfrog

Postby Etgfrog » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Name: Artifact buffer
Primary Race: :rl:
Secondary Race: :mt: :rv:
Cards: 60
Ships:
1x Darkwing
4x Mutating Vector
4x Relic Fighter
1x Shifting Cruiser
3x Alpha Cruiser
2x Nanobot Carrier
2x Alpha Destroyer
2x Spectrum Carrier
1x Excession
3x Alpha Battleship
1x Darkwing
Structures:
1x Techno Shard
3x Entropy Shard
1x Crystalline Fusor
1x Prismatic Spire
2x Wave Morpholith
2x Science Lab
2x Solar Monolith
2x Grav Wave Farm
3x Reliquary
4x Armored Growth
4x Growth Spire
1x Data Spire
1x Crystal Tree
Actions:
2x Entropic Siphon
1x Prismatic Crystal
2x Gravitational Buoy
2x Prismatic Generator
2x Star Battery
Notes:
  • While I am missing some cards that I'd like to try to run 4 of, this is what I'm using currently as my go to deck to stomp everything.
  • There was a bunch of leftover :hu: from when I had Akata in my deck, although I still use the flagship delta fighter that puts the blocker to the top of the enemy deck, is fast and has a disable.
  • The relic fighters get really nasty once I manage to get several Armored Growth out.
  • :rv: :hu: can win sometimes vs this deck if it gets out several dreadnaughts.
  • :tm: can give me problems with Flickering Ghost combined with its crazy amounts of control abilities.
Baenlynn

Postby Baenlynn » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:59 pm

Fruchti, wow. That's a really low-count on your ships. Having the spectrum carrier certainly helps. How does it usually stack up against a pure rush/spawn deck? a :hu: / :tm: deck with some basic spawn cards like: Echo Image, Troy, Techno Architect, and a Scanner Ghost or three could really lock you down. Not that the AI could ever come up with that strategy on its own. How long does it usually take you to get your first obfuscation tower in place? I'm just showing my bias though, I prefer aggro to control.
Great suggestion on the Dark Sentinel. I will definitely have to try that. As to Sensor Cluster I actually prefer them to Armored Growth, just because even if the energy payment is random, where the buff goes is not. which is really useful when I can't get my hands on a mutate and I've got both of them in play. This is also why I have slightly more :ca: generation in my deck. Plus, sometimes you just have to take a few hits here and there while you wait for energy to build up. I'll even wait to launch my first few ships until the AI has a two or three in play if it's going to be a tough fight, that way I get full use of my flagship's damage abilities.

Elenchus: Mutate works just fine on the Leech swarm, as the AMC 40% means it still gets +6 attack, it's just spread over the three attacks. I can always use it on a Devourer, in a pinch and it's a great way of boosting Infective Growth right out of the gate, especially if I've got a Support Node ready to go. But this is not, in the main, a deck for careful strategy, just go out hard, hammer the enemy with everything I've got and worry about survivability second to last. Plus, If I'm dumping a mutate on something other than a Leech Swarm or the Flagship it's because I'm either toying with the enemy or getting desperate.

Etgfrog: I would be tempted to cut your decklist down closer to the 40-card minimum, focus almost completely on artifacts and use the 0-cost dual energy structures (elemental harvester, inversion monolith, etc) for race-specific energy. Tactical mode is also useful for guaranteeing you some cards. I'm slowly working my way through the whole thing right now, I've already completed all the :mt: and :rl: challenges
fruchti

Postby fruchti » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Baenlynn, Troy is certainly one of the ships that will face a Spark or Ambush. Techno Architect not so much, because my oppenent will usually not have many hand cards. Because of the weakness against very fast decks I tried Nanobots, and they didn't convince me. Spark stays better in most situations. One problem is the :rv: energy cost. Most of the time the Obfuscation Tower can be played turn 3 or 4. Often I hold back a Carrier for one turn, because e.g. I need another :xy:, and I want to pay the carrier with :rv: only.
The deck really needs lots of energy, so if I don't have enough cards from the energy base I will aggressively take new hands until I find some.

It is not that bad against fast decks in the end. The strongest ships always die to a killer or get infinitely blocked by Spawns. Even three unblocked ships with 5 attack only deal 15 damage per turn. So they need 5 to 6 turns to destroy the base if they stay unblocked (and if they survive against the hydra flagship). Then, except for Grav Buoy, all the cards either increase base HP or repair the base. But I know that versus specific decks that a human would probably construct, it can be terribly bad. I think a control deck with lots of "disable target ship" would easily win.

I also tried the :hu: :ca: damage shooter deck with Thogrom Bomber, Plasma Screen, Hiraga, Railgun Turret and Artillery Turret. Modified Frighter helps to stay alive in early rounds and speed up energy generation, and I'm using a :hu: flagship with high attack, return blocker to top of deck and disable target ship. Void Engine is cool in there. In the end it works quite similar to yours.
Baenlynn

Postby Baenlynn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:12 am

Tried something different just for the heck of it. Really need to unlock some flagship stats with this one but I don't really need it. This is just a pure ramp up and beat down deck.

Name: Titan Cannon
Primary Race: Rivi'i
Secondary Race: Xyloxi
Cards: (41)
Ships: (19)
3x Dreadnought
2x Megalodon
4x Terrornought
4x Spark
3x Terror Mage
3x Thunder Mage

Structures: (11)
4x Shield Bastion
1x Wave Convertor
4x Grav Crystal
2x Nebular Guard Tower

Actions: (11)
3x Combat Support
2x Gravitational Buoy
2x Data Crystal
1x Nebular Crystal
3x Nebular Flux Driver

Notes:
  • This deck is all about ramping up and beating down on an opponent, and it does this surprisingly well. For a deck that completely lacks any and all finesse, it does exactly what it needs to do to win. It does two things: generate energy and launch ships, that's it.
  • The fleet consists entirely of heavy ships with the four sparks thrown in just in case the opponent gets a powerful ship out early on. The sparks also counter things like Oppressors, Dark Guardians, Technonihilii and the. other. annoying. :tm: ships
  • 17 energy generation cards is actually a little on the high side for a deck this size, but it's necessary, simply because 80% of the ships cost a minimum of 8 energy.
  • The draw cards are there to help speed things along. I wish I had more.
  • This is a deck best played defensively, countering weaker enemy ships with heavy hitters.
  • Despite appearances, this is not exactly a slow deck, because nearly all of the structure cards generate 2 energy , and the heavier ships have more survivability because only destroyers and battleships have an attack above eight and most decks only pack two or three. Against a Dreadnought a Breaker can survive just three hits unless the enemy has two Akata in play, while the Dreadnought can take five. Moreover, there will be more than one Titan pounding away at the enemy fleet. At the endgame, with a full structure line you can drop a ship every turn, faster than even Dark Evolutions can destroy most of them. Plus, even if you lose a Terror Mage or a Dreadnought or three there are more waiting in the wings.
Baenlynn

Postby Baenlynn » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:22 am

In keeping with my current theme of fast-ish bruiser decks I present this:

Name: Long Bow
Primary Race: Human
Secondary Race: Rivi'i
Ships: (14)
4x Dreadnought
2x Megalodon
3x Hypernought
1x Aladayr's Phoenix
1x Breaker
4x Hiraga

Structures: (16)
4x Gravfield Plant
4x Shield Bastion
4x Solar Buoy
4x Solar Citadel

3x Combat Support
2x Gravitational Buoy
4x New Intel
2x Solar Refractor

Notes:
  • Much like Titan Cannon above, this deck focusses exclusively on energy and heavy hitters.
  • Unlike Titan Canon, however. Fifteen cards, (almost 40%) of the deck repair the base when played, for a minimum of seven points, so you can afford to take a few big hits even right up to mid game. Swapping out structures is more than just a survival tactic here, it's part of your overall strategy. Waiting that extra turn to dump a Hiraga on a Technosavant is doable when you have some dual-purpose repair cards up your sleeve.
  • Without sparks however this deck can be a little more difficult to play so the focus needs to be on gathering energy early in the game, making energy drain cards like Dark Energy Tower and Negator the bane of this deck.
  • Retaliate is a major theme here, between the Hiragas, Hypernoughts and Breaker half the ships here give bonus damage when they're hit. The Hiraga and Hypernought having targeted damage as well gives them effectively 19 and 18 attack when faced off against single targets, OR they can help allied ships finish off their targets sooner.
  • I did have 3 copies of Fuel Tanker In this deck but they weren't providing enough of a punch, were screwing up the structure distribution, and slowing down the game.
  • Again, this deck is best played defensively, responding to enemy placement with placement of one's own with :tm: offering the only consistent threat in terms of large numbers of heavy hitters.
  • still not 100% happy with this deck, but it's getting there. Suggestions?
Last edited by Baenlynn on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
elenchus

Postby elenchus » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:12 am

How is Megalodon working out for you? I've never been impressed by it even in a vacuum, and with this deck your opponent will be dictating the ship lanes you'll be using, so it seems like you'll often be activating the CIP or not activating the CIP when you'd prefer it the other way around.

Similarly, Breaker seems a bit low-impact. PHOENIX! DREADNAUGHT! HIRAGA! HYPERNAUGHT! ...Oh, and Breaker too, I guess. You're running a deck in two of the best races for big ships, and Breaker's more of a deck filler than an all-star in its own right.

Grav Tide Generator or some other haste-granter seems like it would be very nice. It'd let your big ships have immediate impact and let you laugh off disables, which seem like they'd be a very big problem for you otherwise.

New Intel looks like an odd choice. You'll be playing slower than your opponent will, so it seems like you wouldn't get your energy back very often. Also, Star Battery seems like it'd be better than Solar Refractor unless you often find yourself having trouble paying the 1 HU up-front cost.

Aladayr's Phoenix is god. Especially in a deck with lots of big ships, where it can clean up swarms of small ships much more efficiently than most other big ships can. I'd definitely recommend running two.
Baenlynn

Postby Baenlynn » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 am

Megalodon is working out okay, but yeah, sometimes I avoid playing it in certain spots because I want to keep the pressure on.
I'd run two Phoenixes if I had them, that's the only reason the Breaker is still there.
Don't have any Grav Tide Generators and I've already used all my :rv: exploration rewards to get all the heavy hitters and dual energy structures
New Intel is there exclusively for its draw ability. I'm aware I won't be getting that energy back 90% of the time, but if I need structures and don't have enough, or need an extra ship it's better having seven draw cards than only having three (because I only have 3 copies of combat support).
I forgot about star battery, thanks! Just swapped out the solar refractors.

Regarding Megalodon and Grav Tide Generator: The solution may be to swap out the Megalodons for two Wyverns. Sure it's a less powerful ship, but it's got loads more stamina, AND I get the enable attack ability for 2 :hu:. Plus I don't have to worry about taking up structure slots with non-energy structures.

EDIT: so the deck is now...

Name: Long Bow
Primary Race: Human
Secondary Race: Rivi'i
Ships: (14)
4x Dreadnought
3x Hypernought
2x Aladayr's Phoenix
4x Hiraga
2x Wyvern

Structures: (16)
4x Gravfield Plant
4x Shield Bastion
4x Solar Buoy
4x Solar Citadel

3x Combat Support
2x Gravitational Buoy
4x New Intel
2x Star Battery

EDIT 2: Also added a low cost flagship 4 :hu: with the activate attack ability. and energy generation.

EDIT 3: Scored a second Phoenix
Baenlynn

Postby Baenlynn » Tue May 09, 2017 10:58 am

Name: Lockdown
Primary Race: Tehcnomancers :tm:
Secondary Race: Xyloxi :xy:
Cards: 46
Ships: 22
3x Radar Silhouette
4x Scanner Ghost
3x Techno Mage
3x Technosavant
2x Amethyst Xyloxi
4x Spark
3x Terror Mage

Structures: 18
3x Grand Technolith
4x Recall Gate
4x Nebula Harvester
3x Nebular Guard Tower
4x Techno Shard

Actions: 6
4x Data Shield
2x Crystalline Void

Notes:
  • This deck is SLOW. Like, glacially, slow. But it's still easy to maintain control with it all the way to the finish line.
  • Still working on the specifics and structure balance, but for the moment: it works.
  • The idea is essentially to play counterpoint to an aggressive enemy and lock down their lanes with Radar Silhouettes and Scanner Ghosts, denying them real-estate while the heavy hitters open up lanes to the enemy base ship.
  • I'm tempted to swap out the technosavants for Techno Exarchs, but that would slow things down even more. Could also add in some more disable actions like Techno Scan, but it's going to take a few more days of playing with it.

Suggestions?
elenchus

Postby elenchus » Thu May 11, 2017 12:06 am

Hmm. I guess you might have trouble closing out the game if the opponent kills your big ships? You have a few ways to turn small ships into a bit of a threat, but if you find they're not enough one copy of Nebula Spire would help.

The deck doesn't have consistent healing, so you might have problems if your opponent happens to run a source of reliable direct damage to the base- you know, Railgun Turrets and the like, which would also be able to pick off Scanner Ghosts, Sparks, and Radar Silhouettes after they kill the opposing ship. Though Nebula Spire helps against direct damage too. Crystal Tree's health buffs would help against attempts to snipe your low-HP ships and give you some chump blockers if you need them, though with all the disables and good blockers you shouldn't.

Return to “Hidden Dimensions 3”