Show off your best dirty tricks!

Discuss everything related to HD3
Vaknuva

Show off your best dirty tricks!

Postby Vaknuva » Fri May 12, 2017 5:42 pm

What card combos are hilarious, OP, or just mean?

For example, playing shatterer in front of an enemy structure, then playing sacrifice on it.

Or doing the same thing with an echo fighter.

Or playing sacrifice on an unstable berserker, then activating its ablility.

How about returning a card to the top of the opponent's deck then making them scrap the top card of their deck.

Or sabotaging your own ship to heal it and/or reuse its played ability.

Let's hear it!
kobisjeruk

Re: Show off your best dirty tricks!

Postby kobisjeruk » Sat May 13, 2017 5:59 am

+
= kill a big dude then becomes 'unblockable' for the rest of the game

+
= solid wall on its own, better with buff and greatest vs titan class and other big dudes when comboed with mirror
DMsChoice

Postby DMsChoice » Sat May 13, 2017 10:12 am

@kobisjeruk: Dont forget Scanner Ghost! :)

My favourite answer to opposing ships, which cannot attack, like Shield Morph, Technowall, or Shield Booster: Placing a Hydra or Randomstriker directly in front of it, like a Greater Grav Demon or a Leech Swarm.
By the way: Hydras are always to be placed on the outer right field! So you have a chance to take out Sparks or Retaliators, before your Hydra strikes them and becomes destroyed.
(Art credits to: MyHysteria)
kobisjeruk

Postby kobisjeruk » Sat May 13, 2017 6:35 pm

DMsChoice wrote:@kobisjeruk: Dont forget Scanner Ghost! :)

My favourite answer to opposing ships, which cannot attack, like Shield Morph, Technowall, or Shield Booster: Placing a Hydra or Randomstriker directly in front of it, like a Greater Grav Demon or a Leech Swarm.
By the way: Hydras are always to be placed on the outer right field! So you have a chance to take out Sparks or Retaliators, before your Hydra strikes them and becomes destroyed.

As a min/maxer, I have to disagree with right-most slot for hydra (essentially last slot to attack). Hydra hit every enemy ship so the chance to eek out extra damage by clearing the way for your other ships is lost by placing hydra last. Spark is but one ship that truly counter hydra first, retaliation can be somewhat nullified with heals depending on your build. Randomstriker on the other hand is better imo near the end, right most slot. The reasoning being that it has a chance to finish off multiple enemy ship OR deal additional damage to your opponent depending on how you deal with the board.
DMsChoice

Postby DMsChoice » Mon May 15, 2017 9:54 am

kobisjeruk wrote:As a min/maxer, I have to disagree with right-most slot for hydra (essentially last slot to attack). Hydra hit every enemy ship so the chance to eek out extra damage by clearing the way for your other ships is lost by placing hydra last. Spark is but one ship that truly counter hydra first, retaliation can be somewhat nullified with heals depending on your build. Randomstriker on the other hand is better imo near the end, right most slot. The reasoning being that it has a chance to finish off multiple enemy ship OR deal additional damage to your opponent depending on how you deal with the board.

Hmm, I see your point.

What else can I think of? I have a bit of a dislike towards "suicidal" cards, like Siege Tower or Voidbringer. Still, Voidbringer is kind of a must-have in a Mith'ri'aeil-Deck, I think. But only play it if you have an emergency exit! Keep a Chaos Burst in hand, just for the case. Or even better, have an Abomination in play ;)

Oh, Abomination!!! Great in a mixed MT/CC-deck - feed it with Shatterers ;D
Likewise, a great combination: Abomination and Lost Carrier, ensuring a steady diet of Echo Fighters...
Vaknuva

Postby Vaknuva » Tue May 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Found a new one:
In mercenary mode, put a ship with Cerberus in slot 3 or 5, and it will deal double damage to the boss: once when Cerberus hits it directly, and again when draw damage redirects the base damage. I think it will work with Hydra too.

Oh, and using stuff that affects a random ship when there's only one ship it can choose. (This includes, but is not limited to randomstrike)

And my new favorite, using low cost activated abilities with beneficial effects to strip shields off of ships.

Then there's giving 0 attack ships without immobile attack so they can.
kobisjeruk

Postby kobisjeruk » Fri May 19, 2017 7:31 am

hydra vs mass stat reduction (e.g. Infect) blueprint event

shield vs targeted stat reduction blueprint event (they will not target ships with shield)

nanobot swarm vs non-growing ship blueprint (dont bother killing any ships, just use unblockables or better yet use some structures like railgun turret instead)
DMsChoice

Postby DMsChoice » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:54 am

Found another Abomination dirty trick. Two words: Replicator Ghost! ;D

And a dirty trick the computer opponent employed against me! :o

1. Play Shifting Morph
2. Copy strongest ship in play (my Thunder Mage in this case).
3. Blow up Shifting Morph with Chaotic Burst

Dafuq!?
Razr39325

Postby Razr39325 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:52 pm

I have a good one. In a Mith'ri'aeil Deck, have your flagship as the negator and its passive ability as hydra. Use a bunch of mods to increase its attack whether through ships, actions, or structures.There is no amc on the flagship so its attack can be raised incredibly high, I got mine up to 17 attack in one game. The hydra effect will ensure death to every ship that comes in your way. Sadly it, has no shields so it is vulnerable to instant destroy effects.
DMsChoice

Postby DMsChoice » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:15 am

@Razr: Oh yes, I already found that out, too! :D I'm using the same tactic.

And I have a few others:
1. Placing an Amethyst Xyloxi next to a Shield Praetor. Come on! Try to kill me! ;D
Works with a Relic Fighter, too, but a Relic Fighter has too little defense for that tactic being really worth it, unless you
2. Play Fortify on a Relic Fighter. Multiple times, preferably!!! Now you have a nearly indestructible little f*cker.
3. Fortify is also a great action to make sure your Antimatter Cargo becomes a serious combat ship in quite a short time.

Return to “Hidden Dimensions 3”