huh. now i see it.

Discuss everything related to HD3
dark1n

huh. now i see it.

Postby dark1n » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:01 am

stupid equalizer ghost.

i finally see its shape.
well at least something good came out of grav engineering card (because i can't imagine using it in the game) - it has shown us the equalizer ghost from a different angle and with a much better lighting.

nice idea, but i'm still calling it a lousy card art, greywing - it took me 4 years to see what you were thinking.
angle isn't that much of a problem, but you should have rendered a top view so we'd see those rails behind it and on the sides properly.
lighting however is horrible. with proper shadows, i would see how bottom and starboard sections meet, but this way, i thought it was one section embossed at the middle, with another section behind it. basically i saw an asymmetrical mess.

for others:
http://nulll-void.com/games/wiki/doku.php?id=hd3:cards:equalizerghost
http://nulll-void.com/games/wiki/doku.php?id=hd3:cards:gravengineering
elenchus

Re: huh. now i see it.

Postby elenchus » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:27 pm

I haven't had the time to get back on HD3 recently, but does that 'per combat phase' really mean what I think it means!?

...Or is it just more of a "during this turn only" effect to cover edge cases like Relentless Assault?
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:19 pm

For all the combat phases in your current turn.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
FinnDragon

Postby FinnDragon » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Well, it took me 4 years to see that venom isnt flying tank in space. For some reason I always saw it as such and the lower gun looked like wing or enlarger lower platform of a tank. I always wondered why there is a ship that looks like tank: maybe its supposed to land on planets as well ? :P
Humanity is overrated.
DMsChoice

Postby DMsChoice » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:44 am

FinnDragon wrote:Well, it took me 4 years to see that venom isnt flying tank in space. For some reason I always saw it as such and the lower gun looked like wing or enlarger lower platform of a tank. I always wondered why there is a ship that looks like tank: maybe its supposed to land on planets as well ? :P

Ha, you're not alone! :D I always figured it was some kind of big ioun cannon which was used to fry other ship's battle systems.
(Art credits to: MyHysteria)
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:48 pm

DMsChoice wrote:
FinnDragon wrote:Well, it took me 4 years to see that venom isnt flying tank in space. For some reason I always saw it as such and the lower gun looked like wing or enlarger lower platform of a tank. I always wondered why there is a ship that looks like tank: maybe its supposed to land on planets as well ? :P

Ha, you're not alone! :D I always figured it was some kind of big ioun cannon which was used to fry other ship's battle systems.

*Rises Hand*
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:07 pm

*raises hand too*
for a while, i thought venom was some ugly asymmetrical mech thingy. weird because now, i don't have any problem seeing it as i should have from start.

but equalizer ghost, even now that i figured out its shape, i still have to force myself to see it in the card image.
good ship concept completely ruined by bad execution.
FinnDragon

Postby FinnDragon » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:11 pm

So Venom truly is cloaked then as it tricks your eyes so easily :D

DMsChoice wrote:Ha, you're not alone! :D I always figured it was some kind of big ioun cannon which was used to fry other ship's battle systems.

Now that you mentioned it, it looks like ion canon from Command&Conquer 3: https://www.google.fi/search?q=c%26c+io ... 20em7TM%3A
Humanity is overrated.
DMsChoice

Postby DMsChoice » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:18 am

I think I finally understood what I see on Grasper Morph's image! :o
I always thought that this conical, mechanical construct in the image's center was part of the Mith'ri'aeil-creature, but I just recognized that this is just the centerpiece of a Deflector Shield or Dark Deflector being attacked by the Grasper!
The Mith'ri'aeil itself is just the purple strands you see in the pic, plus maybe the purple overcoating on the Deflector hull...
(Art credits to: MyHysteria)

Return to “Hidden Dimensions 3”