Tactical Mode

Discuss everything related to HD3
kobisjeruk

Tactical Mode

Postby kobisjeruk » Wed May 10, 2017 3:27 pm

Been lurking for a while now. Just wondering something about 'Tactical' game mode. It was mentioned that the card set prizes will rotate. I've been playing the game since start of the year and collected all (8 x 4 x 9) early on and havent seen the rotation that was supposed to occur. Event is still being updated daily so I guess the developer have yet to completely abandon this game (although its easy to generate a random set list for daily events but the same could be done with tactical if that was the case, no?). So my question is, will tactical card set rotate or are we stuck with with we've got until the game server actually shut down for good?
Greywing

Re: Tactical Mode

Postby Greywing » Wed May 10, 2017 5:18 pm

I don't recall saying anything about rotating, that might have been an early idea when tactical was still planned to be an extra way of getting existing cards, rather than being a way to get newly added cards. All the rewards in tactical mode didn't exist before this game mode was added.

Once you have reached the max level in an opponent, wins can get you cards of the same race as the opponent, so the tactical mode can still have uses once all the fixed card rewards have been collected.

Events are automatically updated, but with tactical the decks are handmade and tied to the rewards. Automating tactical wouldn't be easy, and it would also mean this mode is only available if you have an internet connection.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
kobisjeruk

Postby kobisjeruk » Fri May 19, 2017 7:51 am

I've been meaning to reply for a while but got 'distracted' with real life.

^This led me to believe tactical mode is on a rotation basis. I don't know who the original writer is, but I can only assume he/she has insider info. I guess not, oh well.

---------------------------------------------

Another thing I was wondering, this one regarding 'hidden dimension' exploration, it was also mentioned that you get a random epic card from a random race. To quote:-
The difficulty level of the opponents can be set to player's choice, but will initially be limited to a maximum of 50. If players can clear an area at the maximum level of the gate, this maximum will go up by 5, and players will receive a elite card of their choice of a random race.
Defeating opponents in a hidden dimension grants dimensional affinity points (DA points), which can be used to boost skills.

My limited testing shows that you do in fact get a random card choice for every 5 levels increment past level 45. I haven't gone past 100 but there seems to be a hard level limit of 150 for the AI in other game modes. So my question is,
1) do we also have the same limit for hidden dimension exploration which means we can get at most 21 extra epic cards?
2) is the card randomization totally random or balance out to spread among all the races
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Fri May 19, 2017 11:21 am

I wrote that, and it's a bit outdated now. Tactical mode started with 8 decks, then i added 8 new cards, and replaced the 8 with new ones. This was repeated several times, then all those decks were activated, which is the current situation.

I don't think it's capped in exploration mode. It's properly random, but when the game picks are card you already have 4 copies of, it will pick another instead.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
kobisjeruk

Postby kobisjeruk » Fri May 19, 2017 1:02 pm

Thanks for clearing it all up.

Return to “Hidden Dimensions 3”