Disable problem

Discuss everything related to HD3
Vaknuva

Disable problem

Postby Vaknuva » Fri May 12, 2017 2:45 am

Ok so, according to the in game help, disabling a ship is supposed to keep it from attacking and keep it from using its activated ability for 1 turn.
The problem is, that while this works fine when my ships get disabled, when I disable an AI's ship, it can still use its activated ability. Am I wrong in thinking that this isn't right?
To give an example if I check the AI's akata, see that it has no shields, and then use my vulture to disable it, the ai will still be able to activate it, but if the situation were reversed, I would not.
What's​ the point of disabling an enemy thogrom bomber if it can still use its ability?
Greywing

Re: Disable problem

Postby Greywing » Fri May 12, 2017 11:37 am

Is this consistent behaviour?
The AI is not using any cards to reactivate those cards?
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
Vaknuva

Postby Vaknuva » Fri May 12, 2017 11:54 am

No the ai is not, I first noticed it when I would play energy burst (target ship and it's neighbors are disabled and lose 1 attack) and the ai would activate abilities. Since then I have noticed it doing it in situations where it does have the energy to do so, and it doesn't have a reactivation method. The ship still doesn't attack, but for the ai, disable is treated like immobile 1. A nightmare that hasn't happened is having an rd/ca deck drop 4 thogrom bombers then play black channeler on the next 4 turns. O think at 1 point I disabled a vulture with my vulture, the ai immediately returned the favor, and then I couldn't disable it back. I'm also pretty sure if you drop a scanner ghost in front of a ship with an activated hurt blocker ability, the ship will kill it.
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Fri May 12, 2017 2:38 pm

All right, i'll look into this.
I'm sure this hasn't been present from the start, after all the AI uses the same code as the player to see which abilities can be activated or not, and people would have noticed it earlier. If there had been a problem there, players would be able to trigger activatable abilities on disabled cards as well.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
Vaknuva

Postby Vaknuva » Fri May 12, 2017 3:13 pm

That's the thing, the ai can, I can't.
Vaknuva

Postby Vaknuva » Wed May 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Ok it appears to be haphazard, but I recently spotted it happening when I played energy burst trying to affect a venom on the left, an akata in the center, and something on the right. The two on the right didn't attack, but the akata used its activated ability. This was during a lv 130 human ambush event on 5/23/2017, the akata was a spawn, the other two were not. The issue may be with energy burst and spawns specifically, energy burst and one of the 3 having shields, or spawns.

On a related note, if a ship with an activated ability gets disabled, then its owner does something to allow it to attack, it should still be unable to use its activated ability right? The in-game help says disable keeps a ship from using its activated ability and from attacking.
FinnDragon

Postby FinnDragon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:42 pm

If it helps, I have also noticed this behavior of ais, but dont remember if there was something special happening. I just disable ai ship with something (vulture acti, energy burst ec) and ai decides to use that ships acti. I have seen it happen with at least akatas.
Humanity is overrated.

Return to “Hidden Dimensions 3”