Suggestion: Ta'yawhans.

Talk about anything regarding the Hidden Dimensions core game and HD Spectrum.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Suggestion: Ta'yawhans.

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:35 pm

We need a counter to anti-card draws! i propose an entirely new race with a very new strategy.

note: all ta'yawhan ships have the added ability "Generates 1 biological energy per turn" this is to save time by not having to say "generates 1 biological energy per turn" on each one, just the ones that generate more than 1.

color: dark green or orange, whichever is prettier

energy: biological

Ships:

prober scout

1....? perhaps the symbol should be a biohazard symbol?
1/11
regenerates for 2 per turn

Assaulter scout

1 bio
3/9
can attack the same turn it was launched

destroyer drone

3 bio
20/1
(does not generate)
can attack the same turn as was launched
when this ship damages the enemy base, it removes opposing structure.
dies at the end of the turn

Forager

elite
1 bio
1/11
generates 3 energy a turn

stealer

elite
1 bio
2/11
when this ship damages opposing base, it drains X, where X=this ship's attack-1, up to 5.

Defender drone

4 bio
4/30
regenerates for 2
all damages received are lowered by 2

Attack drone

5 bio
5/20

attacks the same turn as was launched

Assault drone

3 bio

8/20

attacks the enemy base directly
takes 2 damage a turn

Restoration drone

elite
5 bio
3/40
heals the base for X, where X is the amount of damage this ship has taken.
Regenerates for 3 a turn

Rejuvination drone

elite
6 bio
6/30
repairs all ships for 1 per turn
2 bio: repairs a ship for 5

Swift Commando

elite
6 bio 2 other
8/30
disables the ship in the opposing slot the turn this ship is deployed

Mind Terror

elite
8 bio 1 other
6/25
cloaked
when this ship attacks opposing base, opponent discards 1 card

mobile hatchery

carrier, elite
6 bio 4 other
4/35
cloaked
spawns a random TY ship smaller than drone into a random unoccupied slot each turn; else heals the base for 15.
does not have to be included until carriers are possible.

Ta'yawha

legend
10 bio 2 other
10/50
(does not generate energy)
when dies, is reshuffled
gives all allies +2/+4 a turn; base loses 8 hp a turn
10 bio: instantly destroy target ship or structure.

Structures

note: only has 1 energy structure, and its elite

Flesh growth

free
gives you 5 hp when spawned
gives you 3 health a turn

armor plate

1 bio
gives you 1 resistance until destroyed
repairs you for 3 a turn

Royal Trumpet

elite
1 bio
gives all your ships +1/0 and enables them to attack
gives you 2 bio energy a turn

Iron fist

4 bio
your ship does not take damage for 1 turn; at the end of your opponent's next turn this structure is destroyed. (gives you 1000 resistance while in play)

Morale booster
2 bio
randomly gives one of your ships +1/+1 each turn.
1 bio: give 1 of your ships +2/+2

Rally Flag

4 bio
1 random disabled allied ship is enabled to attack, per turn
8 bio: enable all of your ships to attack.

mobile university

8 bio
enables you to draw a card even if your card-drawing ability has been disabled.
4 bio: draw an extra card this turn.

Actions

ATTACK!!!
3 bio
give all your ships +5 attack and enable them to attack. the next turn they lose 10 attack. the next turn they gain another 5 attack.

Restoration
5 bio
removes just negative effects from your ships; does not undo the positive effects of thinks like mutate.

recall
4 bio
all allied ships are pulled off the board and shuffled back into your deck.

Strapicide!
12 bio
destroys all allied ships. destroys a number of opposing ships equal to the number of allied ships. if there are fewer opposing ships than allied ships, destroys opposing structures as well. if the opponent has fewer ships and structures than your ships, it forces him to discard some cards from his hand. if he has fewer ships, structures, and cards in his hand than you do ships, than a random selection of your ships remains alive.

forced datastream
5 bio
allows you to draw a card if an effect prevents you from drawing. can only allow you to draw 1 card, so playing 2 of these before the opponent attempts to disable your draw is a waste of time.

Workout
1 bio
increases bio energy generation by 1

Meditation
1 bio

relic:
seeds of energy
free

i know, this is probably overpowered, but the ta'yawhans need the mobile university. it allows them to counter card-denial big time.
Last edited by Wv_Hawk_vW on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Discord: WvHawkvW#6491.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
PenneyRZ

Re: Suggestion: Ta'yawhans.

Postby PenneyRZ » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Better than doing all that would be to just make a card like this:

Artifact Structure
Cost 0
Generates one energy per turn of the kind you have the most of in your stocks. If you have none, generate 1 random instead.
Special ability = you can't skip drawing cards.

Then everyone can have a counter to the card denial effect. It also combines with things like Data Node in interesting ways. It also has a potential drawback in that it can cause you to deck yourself on accident

PenneyRZ
PenneyRZ
greivor

Postby greivor » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:13 pm

The problem with your your suggestion Penney, is that it can be easily removed with data echo (TM) which most of draw deny decks have, same as they are doing with data cube.
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:26 pm

OK make it cloaked then.

I haven't been on either side of a teal draw denial deck and it would seem like it would just make such decks worse, but if it is that big of a deal the fix is quite simple.

PenneyRZ
PenneyRZ
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:59 pm

1, whens the last time you saw a cloaked structure?

2, cloaked=you cant remove it. this structure stays permanently in all but void games.

3, you can still deck yourself with a mobile university.

4, this race has a COMPLETELY new strategy. in fact, its the only race without energy producing structures (at least, until you produce enough energy for the achievements) that can still fight well.

besides, this also has the strategy of "keep the board clear" and some creative punishments. for example, strapicide may obliterate your enemy's side of the field, but at the cost of your economy, not to mention, your attack power. it also has an equivalent to the crystal shield (iron fist) and the rally flag is useless against any deck that doesnt disable your ships. ATTACK!!! can cause things like a technowall to suicide on a spark.

check out the ta'yawha! (er, maybe its ability is overpowered considering that ultranought kills struts for 6, not much cheaper than 8) its a great tank, you cant get rid of it, thanks to the huge energy production you can, no doubt, afford it, it gives your ships buffs (in fact, in that part its like GNB combined with overseer and then given steroids), and it keeps the board shifting! use the great TY ability to combine with other races (despite no inter-race cards that i put in there), and there's not much you can't win with this thing. its like the technomancer, which shuts down ships, deals in-the-face damage, and has a chunky attack, and chyriax, which is just hard to kill.

i even took the liberty of giving the TY some limited card control. technomorphanism, which im going to have to rename by the way, is like mind virus, only weaker.

edit: i was just trying to combine the CA, XY, CC, RV, MT, and TM into one race, one that can easily intermix with anything else.

space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:43 pm

PenneyRZ wrote:Better than doing all that would be to just make a card like this:

Artifact Structure
Cost 0
Generates one energy per turn of the kind you have the most of in your stocks. If you have none, generate 1 random instead.
Special ability = you can't skip drawing cards.

Then everyone can have a counter to the card denial effect. It also combines with things like Data Node in interesting ways. It also has a potential drawback in that it can cause you to deck yourself on accident

PenneyRZ

There are other ways to deck-lose (my term for decking yourself). Overuse Obsufation Tower when you got no offense, you're against a Technowall, or Thunder Shard is one way. Having a draw denial deck, but your opponent has countered it is another way to deck-lose. The only deck-lose counter is to play Echo Images and Etheral Fighters and let your enemy destroy them and a Technowall. That was used against me in a game.

Technomorphanism sounds like it's a TM/MT dual card. It is also way overpriced as is. I think as is, Restoration will get confuse when used on a ship that has been Mutated/Plasma Blastered, or whenever attack goes up and defense goes down, or vice versa.

Also, the storyline should be adjusted to add them in or explain their absence until now. I say have an event, like the one happening right now, to debut the TY. Debuting them this way will be epic! If they can hold their own against the current races, they'll be in. I also think the TY should have a dual-race card or 2 with another race.

I think the color should be orange. If the color is dark green, it will be mixed up with the :ca: and :rd: and they're already easily mixed up. Also, give the CA a different shade of green, distinguable from the RD.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:33 am

like i said, i need to change the technomorphanism. however... restoration needs to be changed too. also, i agree with the event, but i disagree with the adjusted storyline. i have a simple solution: their story be similar to that of the humans, where their home died and they had to leave, and just ended up here.

DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:53 am

Is hard mind other races now; but Technomancer and Rift demons doesn't appear in 4th Moon of Xith.
That suggest that can appear other races, but possibility, on HD 2.
But that game probabily can appear on other 2-3 years; one of the new races can by probabily Especies R463, or not.

Is not bad idea but I don't know if can probably appear other races.

A lot of time are for waiting for other games also.
Because HD Spectrum is now on changing pase. Also this is on the First event, HD Spectrum can have between 5 or more events total.
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:48 am

by the way, if this gets implemented, if everyone is willing to make their deck have 1 more race then everyone can use the TYs.

edit: updated:

the technomorphanism has been updated. it is now the mind terror. better stats, different name, but still like a terror mage.
the Ta'yawha has been updated. its now less overpowered...
it now has a relic (seeds of energy) and 2 energy-producer actions.

edit2: the reason i chose seeds of energy to be the relic is because, well, the humans, CA, RV, and TM dont have the ability for their ship to work out or meditate. so, the energy seeds start producing biological energy (or at least extracting it from the crew). then on workout and meditate, those seeds work out, increasing their energy capabilities (i always feel invigorated after running on a treadmill) and meditation has them think on how to better make the energy.

space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:26 am

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:edit2: the reason i chose seeds of energy to be the relic is because, well, the humans, CA, RV, and TM dont have the ability for their ship to work out or meditate. so, the energy seeds start producing biological energy (or at least extracting it from the crew). then on workout and meditate, those seeds work out, increasing their energy capabilities (i always feel invigorated after running on a treadmill) and meditation has them think on how to better make the energy.

I wonder: How does this apply to HD. My guess is an action or ability that produces 2 or more bio and the ship won't attack this turn, like Flare Chaser.

On the color: When I think TY, I imagine its color is a brownish-red. It should be different enough from the HU and RV colors that they won't be mixed up.
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:39 am

Did you guys stop to think that the whole UI would have to change in order to add another color?

Changing spacing for everything in the whole UI would be more work than Admin is going to do.

Even if this idea of another color had merit, Admin wouldn't implement it. HD2 isn't popular enough to make it worth his while.

Adding a counter card or two that doesn't require changing the whole UI is something completely different. That might actually happen.

Mind you, I don't like the idea of adding a new race that is just a combination of other races doesn't even tickle my fancy. If I were going to talk admin into adding another race I would at least make it do something different than what the current races already do.

PenneyRZ
PenneyRZ
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:59 am

hmph. would you like me to create you another damn ui!? fine! tomorrow you will have a quickie-type version of it!

space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:35 am

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:hmph. would you like me to create you another damn ui!? fine! tomorrow you will have a quickie-type version of it!

If UI is what I think is is, I have one in my head for a while. This is not an insult on Wv_Hawk_vW and his TY idea.
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:40 pm

UI is user interface. It means the placement of every thing on the screen.

For instance, on the right side of the screen in a game on the right there are 8 icons for your 8 colors of energy. If you add a 9th color of energy, that whole thing needs to be re-designed. Should it be 3 rows of 3 that are smaller? Add a row on the bottom and make it uneven?

If you do that last one, what do you do with that per turn generation bar? Shrink it even though it now needs to be made longer to fit a 9th color?

Not to mention you don't just will these changes to happen, you have to program it in code. If admin codes in a text editor like I do (instead of Flex MX) then he has to give everything pixel by pixel dimensions and that sort of work can be long and arduous in order to get it perfectly right.

The same process would have to occur dozens of times throughout the game. The deck builder has 8 slots and artifact in a 3x3 grid, where would the other color go?

The challenges have 8 slots across, one for each deck. A 9th slot would have to be created for those as well.

A set of pictures of the "new UI" wouldn't help admin very much either. At best it would reduce the time he needs to conceptualize the new interface, but it wouldn't help at all in coding it.

The work of doing all this is hundreds of times more than adding a card to the list of available artifact cards. Not to mention we didn't even speak of admin having to program in all the suggested cards yet.

A single card available to all that helps to counter a specific strategy is better for everyone, most notably Admin.

PenneyRZ
PenneyRZ
Kuro

Postby Kuro » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Besides, 8 races is allready a lot.... There is still plenty of room for change and improvements in these. Let's begin by balancing them all before thinking of adding another race.
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:59 pm

yes, I agree

The Spectralis core.

Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:33 pm

im sorry, but slapping together a ui is harder than i thought. howabout this: a button that when clicked tells you how much of each energy you got, similar to the one that gives you your production when hovered over?

space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:howabout this: a button that when clicked tells you how much of each energy you got, similar to the one that gives you your production when hovered over?

Put the same thing for your opponent's energy production. It can influence your next move.

PenneyRZ wrote:UI is user interface. It means the placement of every thing on the screen. PenneyRZ

I though it was computer jargon for races. I say the TY can be introduced in either another game or the next HD sequel.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:10 pm

sinse my new race is a failure, i would like this:

Hu: mobile university

elite
8 :hu:
enables you to draw a card even if your card-drawing ability has been disabled.
4 :hu: : draw an extra card this turn.
this building cannot be targeted by action cards.

Tm: forced datastream
4 :tm:
draw a card.

Ar:ancient library

10 :rl:
prevents you from missing a card draw.

Ar: Armored Archive
4 :rl:
prevents you from missing a card draw. if you have played one of these and haven't missed a card draw, gives you 10hp

(for when carriers are released)

Ar: Confused carrier
8 :rl:
spawns a random fighter or warrior ship each turn. (examples for out-of-card references: vector, delta fighter, firewing, spark, etc)

(make data cube no longer a legend, only a fool would play a second data cube at the same time that theres a first one)

Turen'nemo

legend
15 :rl:
8/40
when dies, is reshuffled
gives all allies +2/+4 a turn; base loses 8 hp a turn
0 : instantly destroy target ship or structure. drains 10 of your energy, starting with the energy you have the most of.

DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:57 pm

Solar storm

HU/RD action
0 :hu: 0 :rd:
generates 3 solar and elemental energy and damages for 1 all enemy ships and base, for the cost of 8HP

miner

AR ship
3 :rl:
1/15
0 :rl: :absorb one of each energy tipe for draw an extra card

Final ship

AR ship
25 :rl:
20/60
deals 3 damage to each enemy ships and base when deployed.
regenerates 5HP each turn.
5 :rl: :damages enemy base for X damege, when X is the number of the amount of all your energy tipes, dividied for 10 and rounded down.

Atom bomb

AR action
50 :rl:
destroy all enemy ships and structures and deals 25 damage to enemy base.

amethyst xiloxy

XY ship
4 :xy:
6/24
increases base HP for 4 when deployed
0 :xy: :target enemy ship gets -1/-1, this ship gets -1/-1
The Spectralis core.

Return to “Hidden Dimensions”