Statistics Tracking

Talk about anything regarding the Hidden Dimensions core game and HD Spectrum.
Chyriax

Re: Statistics Tracking

Postby Chyriax » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:26 pm

maybe channeler should be the MT legend, or voidbringer should be an upgrade to it. say voidbringer= channeler + 5-10 attack and 15 def, plus a way to trade health for energy, keeping in the style of kill yourself for power(8 damage to base, somewhere like 4-5 :mt: gained, reset voidbringer and all channelers). attack reset would prevent someone using thunder shards/terror mage, etc to stop it, and if its disabled repeatedly it isn't killing you. this definitively puts it above channelers by 5-10 attack and 15 def, and it has an ability to make itself *and* channelers stronger, or the energy could add more ships, but it completely wrecks the base as it gets used, so its only for game ending power.

as for chain: its one of those cards right now that helps you win when your ahead, but if your behind your screwed. high mana *and* health cost means that if your already ahead, you can afford it, but if your behind, chances are neither cost is where you can reach it. a few health and energy is a small price to pay to keep an advantage, but to survive longer against an opponent who is already winning, its going to cripple you in catching up. your going to lose more of your already low health, and use up a good deal of the energy needed to put ships out to keep going. killing 4 technowalls is a good example here. a last ditch effort to survive, shot down by the card to win more, but from the position of weak and need to kill 4 thogroms, chances are they have you so low by the time you can pay for it past energy drains the act of using it will kill you.

i think the best way to deal with it is 1. drop the health cost. that cost is just going to keep it a "win more card" as penney puts it. and 2. limit it to 1-2 per deck in ranked pvp. this will limit how much it gets used to when its needed. 4 of 1 ship is worth it if the ship is moderately large at that point, but 4 assaut dorgans isn't going to be worth using chain on when there is only one or two chains in the whole deck.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:38 pm

You would prefer a basic Emerald Xyloxi than a Voidbringer.

Code: Select all

1st: Phoenix
2nd: Ultranought
3rd: Chyriax
4th: Battle Queen
5th: Greater Rift Demon
6th: Neyon'moru
7th: Technomancer
8th: Voidbringer
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:48 pm

i'm glad we agree here, even partly. to elaborate, i was never against instant kills.

problem is, we are at a point where instant kills CAN be main part of the deck.

i'm sure some of you have played against such decks - demonic rifts + instant kills (very boring for both players) or cloaked ships + instant kills (also boring after the first two minutes).

instant kills should be a card or two in deck that we are saving for that battleship our opponent insists on buffing... they should not be a viable way to keep the opponents field empty.
Japheth

Postby Japheth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:32 am

Please don't make channeler MT legend!
May the force be with you.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:07 am

If the opponent can keep your field empty with 8 cards that go 1 for 1, you kinda deserve to have an empty field.

Also, I don't see Chain Reaction as being a win-more card. Plenty of times I have used it to take out 2 tough ships of the same sort that came out early during my attempt to stabilize. If the ships cost 5 or more then you are breaking even on energy and if they hit for 3 or more you are saving life with it even in the short term.

Demonic Rift + 16 Instant kill deck < 4 Ancient Torpedo + 4 Shimmering Ghost.

Shimmering Ghost + Instant Kills isn't happy vs any of the land based carriers too.

Not that these are the funnest sorts of games ever, but they are more fun than pre-power-adjustment denial decks.
PenneyRZ
Verden Leafglow

Postby Verden Leafglow » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:16 pm

The thing with Chain Reaction though, Penney, is that even though it's expensive and causes you damage, it can drop more cards than itself. Functionally, this will mean that after its use - given enough energy - you will in all likelihood pull ahead. No card should deal in absolute terms more than a single card's worth of power so directly. (except ships, which vary greatly and whose power is determined by the user, and not so much by the card) This is why the upcoming change to Chain Reaction makes so much sense: it's damage is very nice, but it's not necessarily true that the opponent will fall behind in cards due to its use.
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:07 pm

frankly i think CR should deal 15 or 20 damage, not 10. its primary targets have 36 HP (twall, some battleships), 40HP (nanobot carrier, greater neb demon, terror mage) and more. to those ships, 10 dmg isn't much.

in my opinion CR could be changed to REQUIRE at least two targets. currently, for 2 :rl: more than LM, it isn't a problem to cast it at a single ship.

- - - - - - -

eitherway, i wanted to revive this thread myself. it's been 4 months since the last dump.

could you find time for another dump greywing?
(btw, it would be nice if you added 4th moon to the list manually, for consistency)
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:14 pm

I doubt i'll add more stats. HD:X should get an automatic system that'll probably be present from day 1 of the alpha (seperate for single player, ranked, open pvp).
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
Verden Leafglow

Postby Verden Leafglow » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:24 am

dark1n wrote:frankly i think CR should deal 15 or 20 damage, not 10. its primary targets have 36 HP (twall, some battleships), 40HP (nanobot carrier, greater neb demon, terror mage) and more. to those ships, 10 dmg isn't much.

in my opinion CR could be changed to REQUIRE at least two targets. currently, for 2 :rl: more than LM, it isn't a problem to cast it at a single ship.

Eh, for the amount of power CR can currently kick out - particularly when it hits 3 of 4 of the same ship (has happened to me more than once, and it really makes many strategies involving multi-same kind of ships pointless) - I'd be more than happy to pay 20 or more energy for that kind of advantage, and I don't even consider 3 damage per ship destroyed to be a burden. Maybe 6 damage, and I'd have to think a moment...and then I'd probably use it anyways.

Return to “Hidden Dimensions”