Card Requests

Talk about anything regarding the Hidden Dimensions core game and HD Spectrum.
Ginger88895

Card Requests

Postby Ginger88895 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Everybody please put your card requests here for Greywing to have a better view.
My First Request:
Maybe CC needs a shipyard or a carrier or other things that can launch ships. I viewed the shop but I found nothing!

-z0mg VOID ENGINE!
-no, it's cheat engine.
-0mg pwned xD
Rokossovski

Re: Card Requests

Postby Rokossovski » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Check for Drone Carrier
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:51 pm

the truth if they have one: Drone Carrier. That launchs Assault drones.

perhaps you have confused it with the Overseer.

Overseer:

Drone Carrier:

Now, you see the diference.
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
Ginger88895

Postby Ginger88895 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:18 am

AHHHHHHHHHH Really.
So I have another Request:
Maybe We Should Have a card is like:
Alien Alliance
1 :rd:
Generate 1 :rd: for each cruiser in play.

Assualt Assistant
2 :hu:
All Fighters in play gain +1/+1

-z0mg VOID ENGINE!
-no, it's cheat engine.
-0mg pwned xD
http404error

Postby http404error » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:30 am

Class-based cards would be interesting, although it might cause problem between mechanical and biological races.
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Ginger88895 wrote:AHHHHHHHHHH Really.
So I have another Request:
Maybe We Should Have a card is like:
Alien Alliance
1 :rd:
Generate 1 :rd: for each cruiser in play.

Assualt Assistant
2 :hu:
All Fighters in play gain +1/+1

RD have warriors instead of cruisers or destroyers.
The Spectralis core.

Ginger88895

Postby Ginger88895 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:05 am

Yes. And Soldiers. But we don't have infinite kinds of ships. Plus there're only a few class of ships.

My Alien Alliance is meant by targetting the opponent!
Like :rv: vs :rd: and :rd: uses this card can gain a lot of energy if they have several battle cruisers.

-z0mg VOID ENGINE!
-no, it's cheat engine.
-0mg pwned xD
dlost

Postby dlost » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:26 pm

:hu: :hu: :hu: :hu: GRINDER CARD! ;D :p
Ginger88895

Postby Ginger88895 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:13 am

What Grinder Card...
What does it do...

-z0mg VOID ENGINE!
-no, it's cheat engine.
-0mg pwned xD
space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:43 am

Ginger88895 wrote:What Grinder Card...
What does it do...

Try reading this: http://nulll-void.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=448

http404error wrote:Class-based cards would be interesting, although it might cause problem between mechanical and biological races.

Equivalents between mechanical and biological classes need to be figured out for this purpose.

I do have a request for a heavy CC card:

Super Soldier Drone:
7 :cc: 1 :rl:
8/30
Attacks same turn as launched
Repairs itself for 3HP every turn
Can't decide between:
2 :cc: Deals 5 damage to target ship/(base)
2 :cc: Deals 2 damage to all ships and base
Ginger88895

Postby Ginger88895 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:33 pm

The first one is not great. EVEN THOGROM BOMBER IS BETTER THAN THIS(REMOTE ATTACK!)
I think the second one is really very great since mass damage abilities are rarely found in HD SHIPS>>>

Equivalents between mechanical and biological classes need to be figured out for this purpose.

Solider=fighter.
Warrior=cruiser.
Commander=destroyer.

I have new quests:
Delighted Shipyard
Alien Legend
5 :hu: , :ca: , :xy: , :cc: , :rv: , :mt:, :tm: , :rd:
0:Launch A Sub-Ship of a random race. Like :ca: = Battle Dorgan, :xy: = Crystal Core

-z0mg VOID ENGINE!
-no, it's cheat engine.
-0mg pwned xD
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Ginger88895 wrote:The first one is not great. EVEN THOGROM BOMBER IS BETTER THAN THIS(REMOTE ATTACK!)

It really depends on how you define better.

The fact that Thogrom Bomber deals 2 more per target than the proposed value doesn't mean it is better. The fact that it is on a 3 coster instead of an 8 coster makes it better in a lot of ways, though.

The proposed ship is, however, arguably better because it has an 8/30 body with regen 3 which is much better than 7/15 with no regen. It also has haste, unlike Thogrom Bomber.

There is no listing as to whether the card can attack and use the ability in the same turn.

The only thing that would hold this card back is the anti-synergy with Trashers and the fact that pink tends to keep its per turn generation low, making this hard to cast.

Even so, this card is pink which makes it better than a green card as well. If this card were made with the top ability regardless of whether it can attack in the same turn or not it would probably still be played more than Thogrom Bomber.

Sounds pretty bad all in all. We aren't trying to make good colors better and bad colors worse.
PenneyRZ
space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:35 pm

PenneyRZ wrote:
Ginger88895 wrote:The first one is not great. EVEN THOGROM BOMBER IS BETTER THAN THIS(REMOTE ATTACK!)

It really depends on how you define better.

The fact that Thogrom Bomber deals 2 more per target than the proposed value doesn't mean it is better. The fact that it is on a 3 coster instead of an 8 coster makes it better in a lot of ways, though.

The proposed ship is, however, arguably better because it has an 8/30 body with regen 3 which is much better than 7/15 with no regen. It also has haste, unlike Thogrom Bomber.

There is no listing as to whether the card can attack and use the ability in the same turn.

The only thing that would hold this card back is the anti-synergy with Trashers and the fact that pink tends to keep its per turn generation low, making this hard to cast.

Even so, this card is pink which makes it better than a green card as well. If this card were made with the top ability regardless of whether it can attack in the same turn or not it would probably still be played more than Thogrom Bomber.

Sounds pretty bad all in all. We aren't trying to make good colors better and bad colors worse.

My intention isn't to make any races better or worse. It is to fill a gap the CC have between 6 and 11 energy. Sure Drone Carrier is in the gap, but 6 attack stopped being impressive at 8 energy, where it's less than Breaker, Hammerhead,etc.

For Ginger's comment, my 5-damage idea can be used to damage another ship and the Super Soldier Drone can still attack. Thogram Bombers cannot deal 7 damage to another ship and 7 damage to opposing ship/base. The CC also lack both of my proposed abilities and they're both offensive.

For Penney, I don't play a Trasher deck because the Trasher is overpowered and you lose your own structures too. It's also weak in a duel. Also, you forgot that the CC has a Fusion Capacitor (+1 base) and a Decay Fusor (3 :cc: per turn). Also, Thogram Bomber can't win a duel against a Soldier Drone without help.
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:38 pm

It doesn't really matter what the intention is. Any change involves making races better or worse.

If you give a clone of Spark to pink, it makes pink better and purple too since purple tends to have easy access to pink. It makes blue worse because now people won't need to use blue in order to have a card that does the same thing as spark.

You may just be trying to fill a gap in pink when you make a change to give spark to pink. Not all of the effects are easy to see right away.

Perhaps it would be the addition of spark to pink that would make some completely different card like Soldier Drone too good.

Pretend we were redesigning the green guardian card.

Changing it to look like this:
Guardian
4 green 0 random
1/1.
When this comes into play, give neighboring ships +5/+20.

Nobody would claim this card is too good except in combination with other cards where it can potentially become extremely good.

In the game, you would perceive that the 15/60 Tarynn'Ixia was the source of your pain, but it would only be because the Guardian made it that way that it was so.

Returning to the real world, pink isn't meant to have a good high end. That is the tradeoff for having a lot of really good low end ships.

Overseer is also a 6 and it is positively beastly as well. It is hard to lose combats if you can throw around +2/+2s every turn.

Overseer and Drone Carrier together are enough options for pink in this cost range. If pink happens to need more, there are still other options like Oppressor as well.

Additionally, dealing damage to ships in various slots is not pink's specialty. It is the specialty of other colors like red, green, brown, and so on. When possible it is best to create cards that fill gaps based on abilities that are already in the color instead of already exclusive to other colors.

If we just gave every ability to every color there would be no need to have colors at all.

If pink lacks the ability now, it is probably intentional that it does. In this case it is pretty intentional.

As for myself, I don't forget very many things. I understand pink's energy generation capabilities very well and the flow of the average pink game too.

If you don't use Trasher because it kills your own lands, that doesn't mean that others won't. It is a good card and people use it a lot. It also does hurt pink's ability to create lots of energy quickly. Energy that is being competed for by cards like Soldier Drone as well.

Currently, pink is one of the 3 most played colors and it has a high win rate to match, and that is without adding any powerful options to pink that they don't already have. If pink is given more card options it can only stand to increase the overall already high power of the color.

Right now, brown is the color that is looking pretty sad and that is the color that needs to be made better. It is played the least out of all the colors and has one of the worst win rates. Adding cards to brown or changing cards already in brown is more where people should be looking at the moment.
PenneyRZ
Ginger88895

Postby Ginger88895 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:15 am

Certainly I'm wrong. I found even with the first ability, the ship is really great.
Because I forget the most important thing:
TB Can't Attack Since It bomb others, but your super drone can attack after doing that!

New Requests:
1. Nuke Bomber
2/20
8 :ca:
0:Deal 7 damage to target ship and its neibour ships, doesn't attack this turn

2. Costly Energy
Skip your next turn, but generate 10 :mt: next turn.

-z0mg VOID ENGINE!
-no, it's cheat engine.
-0mg pwned xD
Ginger88895

Postby Ginger88895 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:14 am

Request:
Drainer Drone
8 :rv:
X :rv: : Lower target ship's defense by X, where X is the number of ships in play.

-z0mg VOID ENGINE!
-no, it's cheat engine.
-0mg pwned xD
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Crystal Cookies.
Elite repair action
7 :xy:
heals 4HP to all the allied ships and base.
The Spectralis core.

Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:22 pm

DEEP SPACE wrote:Crystal Cookies.
Elite repair action
7 :xy:
heals 4HP to all the allied ships and base.

better idea, 1 permanant base regen

argument: ship repair is common, particularly among XY, where emerald XY is present, plus easy access to HU and CA, but base regen is harder to get, and fits better with XY anyway.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:12 pm

The good thing about permanent base regen would be that it doesn't even have to cost 1.

For a cost of 7, Crystal Cookies should bring everything on your side to full including your base. Anything less wouldn't get played.

I am still looking forward to my Salvage Yard and Sensor Cluster changes, and I will propose an additional ship for red when I have more time to brainstorm some things.
PenneyRZ
Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:01 pm

cost could use some change for crystal cookies probably, or have it do more than 1 permanent regen, and it would likely be something introduced in an event before becoming available to everybody, but right now anything that brings base regen takes a land slot, this wouldn't, so it probably shouldn't do quite as much as, or should be more expensive than, the land based regens.

new ship for red? what kind of ship are we talking here, i like the idea of any new ships for any races, as long as they stay balanced, so this could be interesting to see what your idea is.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax

Return to “Hidden Dimensions”