Card Ideas

Talk about anything regarding the Hidden Dimensions core game and HD Spectrum.
Greywing

Card Ideas

Postby Greywing » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Feel free to post your card ideas & related discussion in here. I'm not ignoring stuff thats been posted in the 'Card Requests' topic, but there are quite some ideas in there that simply aren't possible.

Here are a few technical things to keep in mind when creating cards :
* ships and structures can have max 3 different abilities and max 1 of each kind of ability :
played abilities : triggered once, when the card enters play (aka CIP ability)
automatic abilities : triggered once every turn of the card's owner, at the start of that turn
activated abilities : these have to be activated by the player, these can have a cost and can only be activated once per turn.
* the type of energy for an activated ability can only be the major color of that card
* for now, the system doesn't support activated ability costs of more than 9
* actions only have a played ability
* up to a certain extend it's possible to combine actions. For instance the 'Ethereal Fighter' card combines cloak and reshuffle into one ability.
* ability texts have to fit on the card, so there's no point in combining too many abilities.
* the secondary energy cost (random or another color) of a cardcan't be more than 9
* actions that increase resistance of the base can only grant this resistance boost for one turn (but its possible to create a ship or struct that provides res for x turns and then loses the abil)
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
PenneyRZ

Re: Card Ideas

Postby PenneyRZ » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Scrapyard ability change. When a permanent dies (from either player), a random allied ship gets +1/+1.

All one shot energy drain effects drain all the opponent's energy. Remove all abilities that cause energy drain on successful attack (Greater Dark Demon, Combat Leech).

Crystal Cloud doesn't require sacrificing anything.

Lifelink doesn't require sacrificing anything.

Shield Spire - Change to Symbiosis Spire, costs 4, every turn gain 1 energy, base gains 1 life, and opponent's base loses 1 life.

Flak Turret hits 2 random targets.

Add "This ship does not die at the end of the turn" to Assault card.

Obfuscation Tower costs 6 to activate.

Mind Virus gets +2/+2 on successful hit, opponent doesn't discard.

Greater Fusion unblockable instead of cloaked.

Energy Burst costs 6.

All gold clicky lands make 1 of each color every turn and have no click ability.

Prismatic Spark - 4 Random each turn.

Prismatic Demon - 10 Random

Greater Prismatic Demon - 20 Random

Sensor Cluster - No life loss for the base

Prismatic Generator - Increases random generation by 3, costs 4 to cast.

Ancient Torpedo - Costs 1, only hits lands with click abilities.

I am sure there are more that I have been saving up for the last 6 months that I don't remember at this moment.
PenneyRZ
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:03 pm

I like your ideas.

but:
PenneyRZ wrote:All gold clicky lands make 1 of each color every turn and have no click ability.

What did do you mean?
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
Japheth

Postby Japheth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:51 pm

I think he meant RD Structures.
May the force be with you.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:18 pm

he means take all the gold dual lands that are produce 1 gold: click to produce off color, and then turn them into produce 1 of gold and 1 of the off color. for example, dark rift would become: produce 1 gold, 1 green every turn, energy drain 1. nebular rift: produce 1 gold, 1 blue, 1 random ship dmg. the list goes on, but the point is the same for each. its about the only way we can make gold actually useful in dual race other than TM.

the main disagreement i have here is ancient torp. i agree that it should be easier to destroy non-energy lands, but 1 energy cost for that is a little small. im not debating the premise, just the cost. decks with many support lands will be getting less energy than decks with energy lands already, and giving ancient torp a large energy advantage further highlights that. the cheapest support lands cost 2, and those are not the intended targets anyway. the expected targets are shipyards, costing 5, and probably thunder shard, neb spire, dimensional link, virus barrier, etc. to get rid of the more annoying lands as well. out of all of these that are truly worth using the torpedo on, only virus barrier costs less than 3, at being free. i propose take penney's idea, and make the torpedo cost 3, so it can be utilized at only half the originaly proposed energy advantage against shipyards, and almost equivelant energy against other support structures, probably with a slight advantage if used properly.

energy drain: i would call this an upgrade to an already annoying tactic, but if we are going to take this route, can we make it drain the largest stack instead of all? this would put it on par with the current nulll void, which is a unique card specially distributed to members of only this site. in doing this, nulll void, if re-distributed in HDX, would probably be drain all energy, leaving it as still strictly better than the rest of energy drain.

lifelink change: possibly, i haven't gottent too far, but currently, it has been rather useful in its current state playing CC/HU or CC/TM and using it strictly on phoenix or echo image, particularly on phoenix where it is worth a whopping 65 life. even on akata or mirror shield it is nice in a pinch, or when the mirror has outlived its purpose.

crystal cloud change: PLEASE!!!!!. i will work with almost any XY strategy at some point or another, and even I won't touch this card as it is. put bluntly, it sucks. i would rather have 4 vectors in a deck than use this, and i have already stated my opinion on vector. even worse, the image is too close to nebular crystal(only difference is brightness), so when i tried using it, i ended up mana screwing myself a few times because i thought i had energy, not a self destruct my own ship.

mind virus, greater fusion demon: again, much needed. not much to say else, since prior arguments have already been made for both changes.

energy burst: 2 extra cost is certainly not unreasonable, particularly for something thats greatest current use is wiping out the begining ships.

sensor cluster: another card i won't use in its current state. if it had no life loss, i probably still wouldn't use it much, but it would find a place at least.

prismatic generator: this....looks interesting. i cannot disagree that it would be a great change, since it would encourage prismatic decks to actually use it, as opposed to the current state where it isn't nearly as good as just using the lands.

prismatic demon(both): again, PLEASE!! 10 and 20 energy, respectively, is a decent cost for these ships, and actually makes them MORE accesible than the current state of them. combined with the change to RD lands, it would also place them back in the rift demon family, where they should be, since RD would have enough energy to pay for them after a while, though still not as easily as AR.

symbiosis spire: good idea, much more in CC tactics to have damage dealt with it, but too expensive.

flak turret: lets look back at the last stats, find flak turret, and see if this doesn't speak for itself. its necessary.

space warp: simple change here: instead of lose 12 HP, take 12 dmg. MT isn't exactly repair based anyway, but allowing the chance to repair the damage it gives itself could help greatly with dual racing it *not* CC, and even synergize better with the possibility of using lifelink *with* CC.

mutating vector/adaptomorph: can we make these have 18 life, just so they can have better chances to grow up a bit?

devourer: ability cost 2 :mt:. even with the current cost of 1, it still provides a good deal of board control early on, ,lets allow ships to stay on the field a little more by adding another energy to the cost.

sneak attack: target ship becomes unblockable, or target ship becomes unblockable for 3 turns. either way provides the chance for massive damage, and might boost HU win percentage from the depths it has sunk to.

attack barrier: CIP change to match darkwing's -2 attack to ships. it fits better with the defence provided.

technomancer: auto ability change from opponent takes damage = # of cards to oponent takes damage = 7-# of cards each turn. it synergizes much more effectively with mind hack/wipe and is counter to data feedback, allowing the use of both together and one is going to deal damage for sure.

virus barrier: cost 1 or 2 :tm: to play. i say this because the CIP can turn into 21 health, plus its a structure with life regen, and currently it is free to any race that wants base regen, and can use the CIP to boot. it could go into a CC deck just to have the deck survive longer, and ignore the click ability, at least the way it is now. this would limit it to decks that at least have a splash of TM.

hacker gate: probably could use the same upgrade as flak turret. its the same card for a different race.

radar sillhouette: defence=0 when no enemy ship is left. this prevents a wasted slot, where the enemy simply refuses to play a ship at this location.

plasma screen: not sure about this one, but the damage it takes from using the ability could stick to normal damage, instead of lifeloss. it isn't nearly as controlling as devourer, having only have the damage output and no attack power, so allowing synergy with healing could have its uses.

battle dorgan(spawn): 2-3 regen, no CIP. right now, its even worse than delta fighter in stats, giving it regen would fit CA ability to keep ships alive. the other option is 2-3 damage resist, for the same purpose.

maybe a bad idea, but i will put it out anyway:
crystal shield: prevent damage to your ships instead of the base. i would prefer that the ships were protected, and they could stop the base damage for this turn, as well as provide a chance to heal the ships without them taking damage. concerning spark/retalliate, no damage is taken, so no retalliate.

disrupt: can we remove this card? one card and 2 energy for 1 card isn't smart to use, and its just annoying when the AI decides to use it and re-arrange your plans, or maybe gets lucky and hits your energy land on turn 1.
i would also like to see base regen occur from actions, like the energy artifacts. this would fit specifically into XY, but also likely for TM, and HU could just have a card titled "engineer" for the same function. small amounts only, between 1 and 3, depending on cost. this would not be a repeat of base resist, as it only heals damage, placing a cap on how much damage is essentially stopped per turn, and it takes place after damage, preventing it from stopping death as easily. 1 base resist stopped up to 7 damage per turn from ships, and possiby an additional 4-5 from actions, abilities, and CIPs, while 3 base regen is just straight 3 damage healed after the fact.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
Japheth

Postby Japheth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:38 pm

For data node I was thinking because I heard greywing say its ability was going to be changed why not make it draw one card this turn this ship does not attack costs 5 :tm:

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Gold was never very good at being used in a 2 color deck even though it had multi-color lands with every other color. The gold multi-color lands just don't do enough, especially since there is only two color combinations right now that have 2 lands in common with gold (teal and blue, by way of Elemental Techno Crystal).

The "Turn all gold lands into dimensional rifts" change wouldn't fix that, but it would at least put a dent in it.

Ancient Torpedo - Plainly and simply, a counter card needs to cost less than what it is countering. If it is countering Nebula Spire, there isn't much room for alternative casting costs.

The fact that it would cost 1 is somewhat mitigated by the fact that people probably wouldn't be packing 4 if they are indeed packing any at all.

Energy Drain - I would rather see a lot more 1 shot energy drains in the game and a lot less over time energy drains, myself. As much as I don't like the strategy myself, I don't think it should be worthless either. It would at least cramp the style of decks that play nothing but 10 energy cards in the stack.

Symbiosis Spire - I think having super good lands isn't in the vision for Pink, but this cost isn't super horrible.

Virus Barrier - Fine as it is. The fact that it is almost an artifact card makes it interesting. It is meant to be useful to different colors and more useful to teal.

Technomancer - Change is probably too punishing, besides, discard is even worse to promote than energy drain is.

Devourer - Maybe it could do 8 damage instead of 10.
PenneyRZ
Japheth

Postby Japheth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:00 pm

How about Regeneration. A action card. Ability is. Target ship from scrapyard is randomly placed in your side. It would be an AR card. 8 :rl: energy

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 pm

That would only work with the :xy: , :cc: , :mt: , and :rd: , not the :hu: , :ca: , :rv: , and :tm: .
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:03 am

PenneyRZ wrote:Lifelink doesn't require sacrificing anything.

i'll post my reply to that in another topic to keep this one clean.
as for the repair ammount, i'd prefer the Lifelink formula changed from X+15 to 2X+10;
or, to bring it fully in line with Shielding Relic, X+25 would be even better.

PenneyRZ wrote:... Symbiosis Spire, costs 4, every turn gain 1 energy, base gains 1 life, and opponent's base loses 1 life.

overpowered. doesn't matter that it costs 4. combining all those abilities means that with 4 of those, CC can reduce enemy hp by 4, increase own hp by 4 AND still gain 10 :cc: per turn (with 3 capacitors and 1 furnace). OUCH.

if it were unique (limited to 1 per deck) and you change "base loses 1 life" to "base takes 1 dmg", then it would be passable.

PenneyRZ wrote:Mind Virus gets +2/+2 on successful hit, opponent doesn't discard.

while i'd prefer that ability, it clashes with the ship name. throw in a rename and you have my vote there.

PenneyRZ wrote:Add "This ship does not die at the end of the turn" to Assault card.

why? (and why not to Fortify?) opposite should be written on cards that do in fact sacrifice the unit.

PenneyRZ wrote:Ancient Torpedo - Costs 1, only hits lands with click abilities.

i know that several people here want something along those lines, but this proposal makes the least sense of them all.

do you honestly want a torpedo that can hit the Power Plant but refuses to target Solar Plant? really?

here's my suggestion for Ancient Torpedo. i'm not too fond of it myself, but it's only fair i come up with something:

Code: Select all

let's say that energy generation somehow scrambles sensors. and, the stronger the generator, the more difficult it is to hit.
on that premise:
Ancient Torpedo - 6 :rl:
* destroy target structure.  30% chance to miss for every unit of energy generated by the structure last turn

that means:
100% chance to hit Obfu Tower or Leach Hive;
70% chance to hit Flare Spire or Entropic Monolith (one clickable, one not)
49% chance to hit Solar Citadel or Solarfusor
34% chance to hit Prismatic Spire or ETC
6% (5 point something) chance to hit Ancient Convertor

PenneyRZ wrote:Prismatic Generator - Increases random generation by 3, costs 4 to cast.

i'm on board on that one.

PenneyRZ wrote:Prismatic Demon - 10 Random
Greater Prismatic Demon - 20 Random

please, no. they have a good cost (although its implementation is lacking).

your proposal would make them too easily accessible - with ETC you'd be able to put Greater Prismatic Demons in :tm: :rd: decks. (*shivers*)

why is it a problem that 2 cards out of 300 are (mostly) exclusive to spectrum decks? i'd prefer the ratio in HDX to be 5/400.

-------------------------------------------------------

Chyriax wrote:sensor cluster: another card i won't use in its current state. if it had no life loss, i probably still wouldn't use it much, but it would find a place at least.

my thoughts exactly.

Chyriax wrote:sneak attack: target ship becomes unblockable, or target ship becomes unblockable for 3 turns. either way provides the chance for massive damage, and might boost HU win percentage from the depths it has sunk to.

1 turn is practically what it does now. 3 turns would be insane - 36 damage. that's 50% more than Control Feedback (which i would reduce to 1.5X instead of 2X).

to me, Sneak Attack is one of those cards i wouldn't use (ever), but wouldn't change either. if someone else wants to use it, fine.

Chyriax wrote:attack barrier: CIP change to match darkwing's -2 attack to ships. it fits better with the defence provided.

too much -2s for TM with their legend easily spreading those and with techno demons often in the same deck with attack barriers.

Chyriax wrote:technomancer: auto ability change from opponent takes damage = # of cards to oponent takes damage = 7-# of cards each turn. it synergizes much more effectively with mind hack/wipe and is counter to data feedback, allowing the use of both together and one is going to deal damage for sure.

way too nasty. way too deadly.

Chyriax wrote:virus barrier: cost 1 or 2 :tm: to play. i say this because the CIP can turn into 21 health, plus its a structure with life regen, and currently it is free to any race that wants base regen, and can use the CIP to boot. it could go into a CC deck just to have the deck survive longer, and ignore the click ability, at least the way it is now. this would limit it to decks that at least have a splash of TM.

wouldn't have said it better myself.

Chyriax wrote:radar sillhouette: defence=0 when no enemy ship is left. this prevents a wasted slot, where the enemy simply refuses to play a ship at this location.

here's an idea - play a crystal cloud on it. (6x +1/+2, slot freed, and you don't even need :xy:)

Chyriax wrote:plasma screen: not sure about this one, but the damage it takes from using the ability could stick to normal damage, instead of lifeloss. it isn't nearly as controlling as devourer, having only have the damage output and no attack power, so allowing synergy with healing could have its uses.

no need for a change there. if you add humans for healing, you'll use guardian akata instead of plain akata anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------
idea bulb wrote:That would only work with the :xy: , :cc: , :mt: , and :rd: , not the :hu: , :ca: , :rv: , and :tm: .

i too would like the ships labeled as mechanical/non-mechanical.
i find it silly to be able to strap a pair of chainguns on a shiny cloud or a squishy creature.
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:05 am

here's my proposal for GPD:
no change in stats, just needs a new icon implemented instead of the complicated CIP ability.
no longer possible to waste the card on accident.

- - - - - - -

here's my proposal for flak turret:
(activated ability): hit target ship for 3 dmg (or maybe 2) and adjacent ships for 1 dmg

it matches the card name.
as for the ability cost, it should be same as with artillery turret. meaning both 0 (although i'd set both to 1 energy).
space-mariner51

Postby space-mariner51 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:50 am

Greywing, I see this topic, and a another with the same name under Hidden Dimensions. What should be done about that?
DEEP SPACE

Postby DEEP SPACE » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:58 am

space-mariner51 wrote:Greywing, I see this topic, and a another with the same name under Hidden Dimensions. What should be done about that?

This is the first created of the 2.
Just 16 minutes before.
Looks that americo has still writing the other card ideas when Grey has created this one. :p

Card ideas is a very easy name to mind for a topic related with HD card games.

About Dark1n says:

The AR icon fits for one of each energy.
Random should by a dice.

A few of diferences that must by between AR and random.
I will create a topic with info about this.
Last edited by DEEP SPACE on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Lifelink already heals like 65 when used with Battle Queen. Every time I have seen the AI use the card it was on a Battle Queen, so its not like this scenario is unlikely. When the AI is in trouble and tries to heal itself it chooses the highest life card, which is always that if it is on the board. 2x+10 would be more like 120. That is some crazy life generation even if you have to sacrifice a card to do it.

I would rather see 1x plus 0 and no sacrifice.

Symbiosis Spire - In the overall scheme of what dominates what, I think that 4x Symbiosis Spire is on the low end of power level compared to 4 of about 90% of other cards in HD on the board. Gain 4 life per turn, yay. Opponent loses 4 life per turn, yay. They gain 4 energy, yay.

4x Dreadnaught > that. 4x Technosavant > that. 4x Nagato easily races 4x Symbiosis Spire and that is a 2 coster. That is if the Symbiosis Spire still keeps the +20 life gain on CIP. 4x Artillery Turret > that. 4x Railgun Turret > that.

Not sure why you are scared of a card that can't even affect the board, but you might want to re-evaluate your priorities.

Assault - Because it would cancel out the drawback of other brown cards. Fortify has much less synergy with things like Charge and Hammerhead just because it isn't in the same color as them.

Ancient Torpedo - Yes I am fine with it hitting Power Plant and not Solar Plant. Much more fine than having it be completely wasted because I failed on a die roll. There is enough randomness in this game as it is.

Prismatic Demons - I think it is a bad idea to make an exception to the way things normally work if it will only affect 1% of the cards in the entire game. I already fixed Ghost Ship and these two are next. If people want to pay 20 random to get a greater prismatic into a deck of a single color, they have my blessing. A restriction of "X of each color on CIP or sacrifice this" adds literally nothing to this game.
PenneyRZ
Wv_Hawk_vW

Things that RV would love to see

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:38 pm

First off, new color. do you like it? no? me neither.

Second, with the coming of the new game, I would like to share a few things that I would like to see the RV have. their win-rate is low and unless we give them a boost, that's not going to change. some of these are stolen directly from penney, others are made up by myself.

plasma blaster: remove the defence penalty.
whats the point in having them if they dont have something over mutate? besides, while the humans have chainguns, we can justify this equality by saying that the RV learned this trick from the humans.

Fuel tanker: self destruct to deal defence*(attack+1) damage to target.
Well, there's gotta be some point to having that extra attack if we aren't going to be using the fuel tanker other than fast damage to big ships, right? besides, charge is supposed to make things deal lots of damage before dying.

Assault: Change to "this ship gains 4 attack and can attack this turn; this ship does not die at the end of the turn."
Ask penney on this one. I solidly agree with him, and I'd rather not restate his ideas.

Battlecruiser and Siege cruiser: increase defence to 30.
These two pieces of crap are just plain weak without something to support them, which also happens to either be extra weak or extra pricey.

Artillery frigate and cruiser: reduce the cost by 1, increase damage by ability by 1.
Like I said, they are weak and expensive. frigate is a bit weak to cost 3 (even fuel tanker, which can one-shot most ships and two can destroy a fresh hiraga, costs 2), and they provide crappy long-range support and base-attack. theres a similar problem with artillery cruiser, but its got sufficient stats to cover a 5-cost and justify a total of 9 attack.

Gravity wave hub (the brown 1-generator +1 for a price): make it more likely to target already disabled ships.
it is very annoying that we should have to be unable to attack just because we want to actually have enough energy to bring the top closer to the bottom. at least grav wave hub won't deal quite as much damage if it only targets ships that are already disabled, for example, the battlecruiser.

nanobot swarm: make it cost 1 and all opposing lose -3/-3
this is useful for taking care of things like sparks, not to mention, it will still be useful against everything else. did i mention that it won't weigh down the deck as much?

Nanobot leeches: increase starting defense to 15
because nobody uses these, except people trying for a deck that runs on killing its own units.

Dreadnought: give this ship 1 resist.
because this ship doesn't really stand much of a chance against most decently supported destroyers, such as pulsar and exion'exus (heck, give these any long-range support and they can easily mow down the dreadnought), or even amethyst xyloxi (doesnt even need any long range support if the dreadnought is even slightly banged up). it could use something to keep it alive.

Ultranought: Give this ship 2 resist and make it so that anything with more than 50 attack only reduces the ultranought's health to 1.
Useful because it gives the RV yet another counter to the entropic channeler, however in such a way that makes them at least equal in terms of being topheavy. now you don't need to worry about having to block that channeler.

Cargoship: when destroyed, in addition to giving you 2 brown, also deals 2 damage to each enemy ship.
Useful in that it gives you even more excuse to pack a normally underpowered ship into your deck.

Shield bastion and grav wave farm: change repair to increase base defence by.
because the RV seriously need something to keep them from being overrun by people who have a delayed rush.

Recall: change such that it gives you X price if the target is a shpi or 2+2X if its a structure
because they still need that extra energy.

nanobot carrier: increase attack to 4 and decrease cost to 5
because this whimpy thing is yet another example of crappy support thats overpriced and underpowered. sure, 3 or more is hard to get through; but in order to have that steel counter to rushing, you have to be able to survive long enough to get all 3 out. when is the last time you have ever seen something like this in PVP?

Salvageyard: add this ability: 0: this structure self destructs and is replaced by a Dry dock. Drydock: increases hp by 4 when deployed. a random ship gains +2/+2 every time a ship or structure dies. 0: this structure self destructs and is replaced by Salvageyard.
because salvageyard is still not enough to pull the RV to the top of their game.

That's all I can think of for now, I'm pretty sure I missed a few.
My skype is helix.cipher if anyone decides they want to contact me or do a sci-fi RP or something.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:57 pm

salvage yard change: interesting idea there. it would allow choosing of what effect you gain from destroying ships.
nanobot carrier: leave the attack, theres enough to increase it as is, but dropping the cost to 5 i can agree with.
resist on dreads/ultra: no! they already have the most ridiculous abilities in the game. worse than getting hit by mind virus and being forced to discard, is being hit by dreadnought and forced to lose a structure as well as the astonishing amount of damage it can do to the base. ultra is even worse, as it can structure kill repeatedly without the need to hit the base or even attack, leaving it capable of doing so in the same turn as an ambush on a ship.
nanobot leeches: while i can agree that it is little used, it works exceptionally well with either nanobot carrier or salvage yard. trust me, that attack change on enemy ships is already more debilitating than it seems, and it doesn't need to be worse.
nanobot swarm: make it -2/-2, ok. another attack point loss isn't needed. that would be simply OP in the utmost.
grav wave hub: if it only targets disabled ships, then its unfair, but if it is simply more likely to target them, say 65/35 percentagewise, then it might still be reasonable. i don't know how to implement this though.
artillery change: cost is fine, adding 1 ability damage would be a good idea though.
battle/siege cruisers: defence is fine here. they are in color with the second best defensive ship, second only to greater neb demon. this exact reason is why brown ships don't *need* so much health, since its hard enough to kill them sometimes as is.
fuel tanker: not sure what your asking for. is that multiplicative? if so, then its excessive. brown doesn't need another instakill from ambush. if it is additave, then that is fine. add attack to defence, and charge still does some good for it, but doesn't make it as OP as multiplying them together.

in general: why open up so many ideas for one color. if we implemented even half of these at once, then brown would be the strongest color by far. your ideas for nanobot swarm and nanobot leeches would synergize perfectly with the resist on dreads and ultra, plus the upgrade to nanobot carrier, to such a point that brown would be impossible to break their lines. any one of those i already stated to be excessive, but putting them all together, that would break the game concerning this one race. currently XY holds most of the strongest attack negs, and they can't keep an entire lineup at 0 or close to 0 without plenty of work, but with 2 nanobot swarms currently, brown can already drop their enemies to a level easily managed with 1-2 nanobot carriers. adding another point of attack loss to those swarms would make this even easier, and more defence on the leeches would make it excessively easy to just drop enemies to 0 attack, or close enough to take 0 damage. i know brown is a little lower than most colors, but i think HU needs more work atm than RV. and even so, mild changes will probably be all it takes to fix brown's problems, changing only a couple of cards to severely impact win rates.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:58 pm

Actually, no. with the coming of thenew game and many changes to some of the weaker races, if we implement all of these, it won't be overpowered-- the RV will simply not be underpowered.

You didn't give any feedback on the ultranut's ability to survive en entropic channeler, it will simply be more likely that the grav wave hubs will target disabled ships (60/40 instead of 50/50), and what's thepoint in not giving nanobot carrier 4 attack when battle carrier has 4 attack?

Also, did you notice that using the ability of the salvageyard changes what it does in addition to giving you 4 hp? that means you can just deploy 2 salvageyards this turn, change them next turn, and on that same next turn, put out 2 more salvageyards, for 16 hp growth. I think this might be just what the RV need.

Oh, and did I mention? I would like you to see if you can make a deck with just RV (no splashing no artifacts even), and beat my human deck.
My skype is helix.cipher if anyone decides they want to contact me or do a sci-fi RP or something.

okaerinasaiii

Postby okaerinasaiii » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:12 am

Oh, and did I mention? I would like you to see if you can make a deck with just RV (no splashing no artifacts even), and beat my human deck.

that sounded so defiant...
idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:41 am

Hawk, don't get cocky. There are some people here who could beat you with their eyes closed. The creator of the game is one of them.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:56 am

unfortunately, chyriax isn't the creator of this game and he happens to be (for lack of a better term) my sparring buddy in the game. I'm going to test his brown deck against two of my red decks-- the one I win most games with, and the one I'm trying to fart overnight. I know he doesnt usually use brown decks, and I know brown, probably as well as he knows blue, so I will be able to get my point across: red isnt the one that needs improvement, brown is.

Return to “Hidden Dimensions”