Card ideas

Talk about anything regarding the Hidden Dimensions core game and HD Spectrum.
Americo

Card ideas

Postby Americo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:07 pm

So, I hope, i don't flooding and writingan off-topic. If it is floodor off, i am sorry.As every1, who playing this game, i have some card ideas. :) I know the next colors: Red, Yellow, and Blue. So my ideas are about this races. lol.
Limes Structure
Race: HU
Type: Structure
Cost: 3 :hu:
Descr.:
Increase owner's base HP by 15 when launched.
3 :hu: Deploy a structure called 'Ligthouse' to empty slot. (The Ligthouse Has the following speciality: Generates 1 :hu: per turn)
Dark Assasin
Race: CA
Type: Ship(fighter) 2/2
Cost: 3 :ca:
Descr.:
Every times, when an opponent ship is destroyed, Dark Assasin gains 2/2
5 :ca: Destroys an opponent ship, but does not attack in this turn.
Jade Xyloxi
Race: XY
Type: Ship 6/25
Cost: 5 :xy:
Descr.:
Regenerates owner's base HP by 5 when launces
2 :xy: The opponent discards his or her deck upper card, Jade Xyloxi loses 1/1.
Last edited by Americo on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Re: Card ideas

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Welcome :) is it me, or are we getting a flood of new people? Doesn't really matter, what matters is that you are nice, and your ideas are very good.

Here are a few key points about your suggested cards:

* Limes structure is pretty good, but it could use a different name (I'm sure you just grabbed the one from the top of your head). also, it should probably generate an additional 2 per turn by itself.
* I would personally love to see dark assassin in my deck.
* Jade xyloxi sounds a bit interesting. perhaps its ability should cost 1. also, you forgot to add a cost. perhaps it should be something along the lines of this:

Jade xyloxi
5 :xy:
6/25
gives your base 5 hp when launched
2 :xy: : the opponent discards the card on top of his deck, jade xyloxi loses -1/-1

There, that's better. :)
Discord: WvHawkvW#6491.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
Americo

Postby Americo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 pm

cool. Repaired.lol.
Last edited by Americo on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm

yea, dark assasin would be like adelan device for ships. i can see someone have it, a fortify, and two antimatter bombs in hand, with plenty of energy. they would get it to a decent size quickly, while destroying two enemy ships at the same time, then afterwards its rather easy to repeat kill everyting. put it out early on, with a thogrom or two and plasma screens, and its early board control. do i need to wait for penney to explain why we don't want repeatable ship kill? or has it already been explained enough before.

jade XY: we already nerfed decking as a win condition. i don't think we want it back.

lime structure: looks like something i put out the idea for a while ago. i still think structure spawning is a good idea, and aparently im not the only one. i think i still prefer random among the existing structures, for more possible variety, but a specific structure gives more chance of what you want.

anyway, good to see you back online americo. lol, @hawk: look back in the forums a ways, americo isn't new, just been offline for a long while.
there is actually a topic in bugs and requests for card ideas, fyi. if you have any more ideas.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
Americo

Postby Americo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Heheheh. I was not offline. I needed to thinking about ships solong. And i am not a skilled forum user.
@Chyrax: my plan with idea of Jade XY was really the nerfing. :p Dark Assasin idea was the best of the 3. And there is so many way to destroy it. For example: in the beginning it is easy. All HU ships are can elliminate it in 2 turn. And The CA ships are too. And there is thehigh price of this ship.
Lime Structure is a good idea too.
That was the first try. ;D I think, it will better later, But i think, at least, i succsessed to keep the world and feeling of the HD. 8-) Thanks for oppinion.
Ubermann

Postby Ubermann » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:55 pm

I know it has some errors, such as the energy cost positioning, but well.. that's the idea.

Also, I dunno how balanced could it be.
Japheth

Postby Japheth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Nice pic Uberman. But it should be all ships. Not every ship. Otherwise very nice.
May the force be with you.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:17 pm

it sounds more MT though, enemy ships getting -1/-1. the only change would be the ship is might be x/8, x is the number of this type of ship in play, the ship resets to be that attack at the start of turn.
Chyriax
Ubermann

Postby Ubermann » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Japheth wrote:Nice pic Uberman. But it should be all ships. Not every ship. Otherwise very nice.

Thanks for tip. I will have into account for the next time :-)

Also i remember in Star Trek, the Borg says "Surrender all ships, your biological and technological distinctiveness will be .... Resistance is futile" ^_^

Mmmm I need to think about some card that remembers The Borg ;D

Chyriax wrote:it sounds more MT though, enemy ships getting -1/-1. the only change would be the ship is might be x/8, x is the number of this type of ship in play, the ship resets to be that attack at the start of turn.

I'm sorry for my noobness, but what race is exactly MT? Maybe Caes'cix because of the hive and the biological thing?

In either case, what I was pretending to do is a kind of computer virus, not a biological virus, so the more technology has the enemy in the hand, the stronger the virus becomes.
But due to lack of time I couldn't find a better image and name.
Japheth

Postby Japheth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:21 pm

MT are the purple chaotic race. Their symbol is four circles overlapping each other. The Ceas'cix are pink.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Ubermann

Postby Ubermann » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Japheth wrote:MT are the purple chaotic race. Their symbol is four circles overlapping each other. The Ceas'cix are pink.

Ok

Image = Mith'ri'aeil, which energy symbol is Image (Entropic energy)

while

Image = Caes'cix, which energy symbol is Image (Fusion energy)
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Are you aware that the xyloxis are native to the 4dimensional realm? they also communicate using telepathy. they use energy bursts fueled by nebula in order to attack. the xyloxis take the form of crystals because thats just easier to use; we may never know what they look like.

now make a new examination on the MT, a jelly-like race (hence the nickname "jellybeans") that only communicates with itself, via telepathy. nobody knows which dimension these monsters originated from. they feed on chaos, yet they are selective in their absorption. they are deadly, to say the least.

Japheth

Postby Japheth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:25 pm

TM action.
Brainwash.
6 :tm:
Ability: Take control of target ship for this turn.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Ubermann

Postby Ubermann » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:Are you aware that the xyloxis are native to the 4dimensional realm? they also communicate using telepathy. they use energy bursts fueled by nebula in order to attack. the xyloxis take the form of crystals because thats just easier to use; we may never know what they look like.

now make a new examination on the MT, a jelly-like race (hence the nickname "jellybeans") that only communicates with itself, via telepathy. nobody knows which dimension these monsters originated from. they feed on chaos, yet they are selective in their absorption. they are deadly, to say the least.

I prefer the Technomancer race. Image

As it's told in their history, they use superior technology, even beyond the comprehension of the other races of Xyth. This means that they have developed their war machines far beyond any other race, so they have reached a higher degree of perfection and efficiency.

Also, as every Technomancer ship (and structure too?) is a sentient and independent lifeform, they can reach decissions that could be better for a certain situation, which would be impossible in a hive-mind.

Another aspect I like about Technomancer is the way they fight: they don't just deploy large ships to destroy the enemy, they use disabling technology to take a huge advantage. Also, they use technology to create virtual ships to fight for themselves, so even if they become destroyed, it's not a loss of matherials, just only energy that can be recovered back by the monoliths.

Briefly, I prefer superior technology and clever usage of resources and "skills" than simple bruteforce.
okaerinasaiii

Postby okaerinasaiii » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Well, "the clever usage of resources and skills more than simple brute force" is present in all the colors, but yes, the standard teal deck is not the brute one of the group.
idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:46 pm

So it is funny that the species that the Technomancers work the best with are the Rift Demons which rely only on brute force.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
Ubermann

Postby Ubermann » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:39 pm

We need some serious cards for drawing cards from our deck.
I can't see any.
So I though the next, maybe a bit overpowered.

Japheth

Postby Japheth » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Uberman where do you get your pics from?

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:09 pm

ubermann, you seriously need to put out a tutorial on how to make those cards lol :D

Also,

Ubermann wrote:Image

it should probably cost 5, drain 1 per card generated, and heres what it will say:

If your dimensional energy is 0, Data Replicator self destructs.
Draw an extra card whenever you play a ship, structure, or action; lose 1 dimensional energy.

Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:03 pm

recall gate sets the standard for energy at 2 per card, i don't see why we should break it, save to go over it in exchange for the advantage of drawing more. an extra draw per turn can be a little OP anyway, (see old data cube) so it better have a reasonably hefty sized cost attached.
Chyriax

Return to “Hidden Dimensions”