Card ideas

Talk about anything regarding the Hidden Dimensions core game and HD Spectrum.
idea bulb

Re: Card ideas

Postby idea bulb » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:19 am

Ubermann, your disigns for the cards a great for the small stuff but you must remember that we are doing space vestels not microscopic machines.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:18 am

you must also remember, my fair idea bulb, that the nanobots that greywing has designed are excessively monotonous. with ubermann, we could get more than one design for a nanobot. oh, but wait, nanobots are smaller than microscopic machines! so THATS where the bonus variety comes from...
My skype is helix.cipher if anyone decides they want to contact me or do a sci-fi RP or something.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
Ubermann

Postby Ubermann » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:55 am

Japheth wrote:Uberman where do you get your pics from?

I search the image in internet, then I modify it to match my preferences.

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:[color=#FF4000]ubermann, you seriously need to put out a tutorial on how to make those cards lol :D

Ok, I will do when i got some more spare time :-)

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:Also,

it should probably cost 5, drain 1 per card generated,

[...]

I prefer 2 :tm: because you either draw cards or save energy ^_^
But if you can deploy large ships and draw cards, it sounds a bit unbalanced, imo.

Chyriax wrote:recall gate sets the standard for energy at 2 per card, i don't see why we should break it, save to go over it in exchange for the advantage of drawing more. an extra draw per turn can be a little OP anyway, (see old data cube) so it better have a reasonably hefty sized cost attached.

Basically you mean that the card I designed is reasonably balanced?

idea bulb wrote:Ubermann, your disigns for the cards a great for the small stuff but you must remember that we are doing space vestels not microscopic machines.

Huge things are made of small things, so if you really think about huge things, then you will realize that "HUGE" term is a way to call a "sum of millions small things". Conclusion: you can't find in the universe anything huge only agglomerates of small things. Everything in the universe is microscopic. ^_^

Now seriously, I will design some big ship cards too.
Chyriax

Postby Chyriax » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Ubermann wrote:
Chyriax wrote:recall gate sets the standard for energy at 2 per card, i don't see why we should break it, save to go over it in exchange for the advantage of drawing more. an extra draw per turn can be a little OP anyway, (see old data cube) so it better have a reasonably hefty sized cost attached.

not quite, i would rather it cost 3 or 4 per draw, though hawk's 5 might make it unuseable. i was saying it should cost at least 2, no less, lest it be really OP, though more is preferable.
incredible crystaline supporter of all allies and destroyer of all enemies,
Chyriax
Ubermann

Postby Ubermann » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Chyriax wrote:
Ubermann wrote:

not quite, i would rather it cost 3 or 4 per draw, though hawk's 5 might make it unusable. i was saying it should cost at least 2, no less, lest it be really OP, though more is preferable.

But if the energy-per-draw is 4, then the ship should cost more to deploy, lets say 5 or 6.
If the ship costs only 3 to deploy and you deploy it on the very first turns, you will pretty much get out of energy soon.

The problem i see is to reach a balance between the ship energy cost, when it can/should be deployed and the energy-per-draw.

I find pretty important to define if that ship should be for early game or mid/later game.

=====================================================

As request, here goes some big ship: ;)

Japheth

Postby Japheth » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Um that's your energy drained right?
May the force be with you.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:09 pm

a little overpowered, until you realize it costs 8 to attack. of course, you could splash brown for assault...

...hmm, this goes perfect with the technomancer/riverbug circle. it also gives the TM a bit of teeth in case their trickery doesn't work.
My skype is helix.cipher if anyone decides they want to contact me or do a sci-fi RP or something.

okaerinasaiii

Postby okaerinasaiii » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Unblockable and deals damage to all ships?
18 attack and not 1 or 3 or 4 like the other all-ships-attackerss?
18 attack and not 3 or 5 or 6 like the other unblockable ships?
only 14? Instead of summoning my 2 big ships I would wait one more turn to summon this one. Or make a deck that buys time using other type of energy just to summon this as soon as possible.
Its so overpowered that each race should have gigaship too, and thats a big job.
And it shouldnt be said that "it can be killed with an instant kill"...
But yes, this thread is for the non-serious ideas, so it really is an interesting combinations of abilities.
And damn... those pics excite me, brb bathroom.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:19 pm

a bit of tweaking for balance:

the 8 drain should be dimensional energy, not random.
the attack should be 10, not 18
that extra bit of text should be changed to "Unavoidable: this ship damages all opposing ships and the opponent's base when it attacks." not really balancing, but its more intuitive.

Uber, you are awesome. each one of these cards gives you an extra level in awesome. ;D

PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:30 am

It is easy to make large ships with ridiculous costs and even more ridiculous abilities. It is also pointless, because none of them has a chance of seeing itself being put in the game.

It is much harder to design a card that might see the light of day.

Everyone should quit with designing cards that cost 8 or more and focus on things that cost 7 or less.

If you are going to put forth all the creative effort, you might as well do it in a productive way. My thoughts at least.
PenneyRZ
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:07 am

Ubermann wrote:Image

even if this thing only had 10 attack, cost 16, and drained 8 teal energy, I would STILL use it-- if I am stuck in a stalemate, then I will have enough energy to afford this and break the stalemate.

oh, and um, this would definitely go well into the story...

PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:32 am

It doesn't matter if anyone would use it or not, because it isn't going to be a real card any time soon. Just sayin.
PenneyRZ
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:02 am

I deleted a bunch of annoying and off-topic posts.

Some rules :
Don't quote and edit that quote. I don't care if its funny or not.
Don't change the color of your entire post. If you want to single out a title or an important phrase, you can use color. If i see too much color being used or colors that make it hard to read, i'll remove the option to use colors in posts.

-------------------------

Regarding the Giganought idea. It's clearly overpowered, but i like the idea of a massive ship that can only attack when you pay additional energy for it.
But no unblockable 18-attack ships that deal damage to all ships :p
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:05 pm

as I was saying, increase the cost, lower the attack, and change the price to attack from random energy to teal energy.

Japheth

Postby Japheth » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Ok ;D No quote editing for me. Thanks for telling otherwise I might have got deleted and not know why. I still got deleted anyway but that's alright. For a card idea would it be possible for an action to have a ability like this:Target ship is under your control for this turn.
May the force be with you.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
okaerinasaiii

Postby okaerinasaiii » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Under your control? Interesting idea but what would happen if all your slots are already occupied with your own ships. Ok, I just thought, it will just appear the "it cant be played" message. Maybe a doppelganger ship like Radar Silhouette but more powerful because it copies all the features of target ship when played, but still, its energy cost cant be less than the big ships, unless its only for one turn as you just said, in that case it would have a cost to activate each turn like obfuscator but the defense cant be changed again with each use. And if it stays as an action, maybe a better idea is a doppelganger ship with haste that dies at the end of turn. Ok, back to work.
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Japheth wrote:Ok ;D No quote editing for me. Thanks for telling otherwise I might have got deleted and not know why. I still got deleted anyway but that's alright. For a card idea would it be possible for an action to have a ability like this:Target ship is under your control for this turn.

I deleted off topic stuff, and replies to those deleted posts. They were offtopic too, and if it let them stay, we'd have replies to stuff that was deleted, which is just as confusing.
SVC - NULLL games.
Ubermann

Postby Ubermann » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Another card idea, probably unbalanced, but the idea is to get a ship that can destroy other ships and become stronger... by a certain cost:

As a Star Trek fan I had to do it xD

I know it's missing the races symbols in the text background, but I feel a bit lazy to include them ^_^

Greywing wrote:[...]

Regarding the Giganought idea. It's clearly overpowered, but i like the idea of a massive ship that can only attack when you pay additional energy for it.
But no unblockable 18-attack ships that deal damage to all ships :p

Someone told there up "hey, this is a big ships game, not microscopic", then I submitted big ship. :p
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:36 pm

Repeatable ship destruction is a dangerous thing, especially when it comes with a bonus for the ship that cast it. Even with such a potentially high activation cost.
One way to keep it in check is to only let it kill things with a maximum attack+defense value. Or instead of killing ships outright, it could drain attack/defense of a ship and add it to itself.
SVC - NULLL games.
idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:17 am

Ubermann, you seem to be only doing the :tm: . Why not trying creating cards for the other species?
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.

Return to “Hidden Dimensions”