It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Changes for HD:X: cards 

Post Changes for HD:X: cards
Please say any cards you want changed.

Antifusor: Change the penalty of the activatable ability. If used repeatably, your ships will be rendered useless for attack. Like a Thunder Shard hit you.

Artillery Cruiser: Add another ability or decrease its cost.

Greater Fusion Demon: Add another ability.

Support Drone: Increase its healing to 3.

bomber Drone: Change activatable ability to: 0: Deals 5 damage to base: this ship cannot attack this turn.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:42 am

Post Re: Changes for HD:X: cards
if you want to change greater fusion, my suggestion is go with the rest of the fusion demon series, unblockable instead of cloaked. i would then consider it a much greater threat than something an amethyst XY can beat in a straight fight for less cost, or even the much easier to get, still cloaked, and healing, shimmering ghost. albiet ghost must heal to do so, but it can survive to fight another ship later, replinished and still cloaked.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:08 am

1. phoenix: the background must have more red and less white, it looks like it is the old card of the deck, bought many years before everything else.
2. sneak attack: it makes one ship unblockable for one turn... mmm... I dont know, it is very weak but it can be stronger than any other direct damage action, so I am not sure.
3. greater fusion demon: why cant it be unblockable like its inferior forms? add a cost if its too overpowered.
4. technodemon: I just want to feel this card and its greater form really have something in common, obvioulsy not drawdenial because that would made the game unbalanced like a while ago.
5. obfuscation tower: this is the card that everyone talks about, the card that makes you cackle like a mad witch hag when you draw it with enough energy to play it.
6. recall: hahahahahahahaha this card!
7. recall gate: I have never used its ability, except when I have only lands in my hand (but that is when there is nothing more to play so the energy obtained is useless hehe).
8. elemental techno crystal: does being the only 3 static energy source makes it overpowered in some sense?
9. prismatic spark: more defense please, like... 7?

I feel like I have just made 9 topics in only 1 post ha!

Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:34 am

The artillery cruiser is fine as it is, but I guess it would be kinda nice if the ability costed 0 to use.

Elemental Techno Crystal is fine as it is. Dozens of people didn't put in thousands of hours to make a card that sucks.

Greater Fusion could really do with unblockable instead of cloaked.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:11 am

heh. you are the first post i have ever seen with a really good complaint about a card that didn't involve stats or use, but appearance. i agree with darkening the background on phoenix. recall is already scheduled for adding ships to its ability, making it infinitely more useful. recall gate is like antifusor, rather self defeating. TM strategy usually keeps several cards in hand for using, but discarding those means they can't be used, and drops the card count down, which is used, at least, for for TM spawns. ETC doesn't need much changing i would say. drop the CIP at worst, but the only real uses of ETC are to bridge any two colors between it more effectively. the third gets splashed or used for :rl: and isn't a huge bearing on the game, save sparks and data crystal added to TM/RD. prismatic spark: does anyone even use this? it gives a tiny little two energy for dropping deck speed by one card. with the state of :rl: generation, this is pointless in the extreme, unless you somehow want to use both channelers. overall, its just easier to use the insane energy already easy to get for AR and not fight for more, since its impossible to spend it all anyway. the max energy to spend per turn is probably like 13 or 14 maybe, and thats if somewhere around 4 lost mines or chain reactions were drawn in a row. :rl: generation should come to around 13 per turn, more with using spectralis core at health cost. this is plenty to pay for whatever is needed. if an AR deck is running out of energy with the current system, not including prismatic spark, it needs major redisigning. obscufation tower: useless under a lot of circumstances, but OP in others. its hard to get to work properly, and vulnerable to anti-denial structures and structure kill, but when it works, it makes games very un-fun.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:15 am

1) i agree about greater fusion demon - it should be made unblockable or something and cloaking should be reserved to small ships (even shim ghost is a bit too strong for a cloaked ship in my opinion)

2) i also agree that phoenix background should be more similar to others

3) prismatic spark should be strengthened to be more worthy of room in a spectrum deck.
for example: active ability: self-destruct to generate 1 of each energy type for owner

4) on that note, i don't think that anyone would complain if we'd get a new structure that generates 3 :rl: ... that would help people make larger spectrum deck (if they want to) and add a bit of diversity in that field.

5) i think MT devourers assert way too much control over the field in early game. i don't mind that they cost opponent way more than 3 :mt: 1 :rl:, but they do it too fast, too easy.

6) i'd like to see grasper morph gain weak paid regen (2hp for 1 :mt:) but anything i can think of in that area seems pointless as long as entropic channeler makes the grasper morph and voidbringer needless.

7) greater dark demon could easily drain 2 on hit base instead of 1. and it would still be least used of the greater demons.

8) changing shielding relic to repair for 25 is nice but it made some cards useless (in comparison); titan shield for one. lifelink. and 2nd Moon was too weak even before that. 12 or 15 hp to xyloxi base? big deal.

9) crystal cloud should cost 1 :xy:. (it would invalidate some of my decks but it should); dark crystal should cost nothing; also fusion drain.

10) clone should be limited to 1 in deck (not the current clone, new one as announced by greywing recently).

as for cosmetics, i would suggest a few renames: ens soldier->enslaved drone, breaker class->breaker (also pulsar), battery->some-sf-name (picture change would be in order), shield morph (well name is ok but i have a problem with it looking as a human shield. id prefer it to look like a squished combat node or something...)

Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:38 pm

dark1n wrote:
1) i agree about greater fusion demon - it should be made unblockable or something and cloaking should be reserved to small ships (even shim ghost is a bit too strong for a cloaked ship in my opinion)

2) i also agree that phoenix background should be more similar to others

3) prismatic spark should be strengthened to be more worthy of room in a spectrum deck.
for example: active ability: self-destruct to generate 1 of each energy type for owner

4) on that note, i don't think that anyone would complain if we'd get a new structure that generates 3 :rl: ... that would help people make larger spectrum deck (if they want to) and add a bit of diversity in that field.

5) i think MT devourers assert way too much control over the field in early game. i don't mind that they cost opponent way more than 3 :mt: 1 :rl:, but they do it too fast, too easy.

6) i'd like to see grasper morph gain weak paid regen (2hp for 1 :mt:) but anything i can think of in that area seems pointless as long as entropic channeler makes the grasper morph and voidbringer needless.

7) greater dark demon could easily drain 2 on hit base instead of 1. and it would still be least used of the greater demons.

8) changing shielding relic to repair for 25 is nice but it made some cards useless (in comparison); titan shield for one. lifelink. and 2nd Moon was too weak even before that. 12 or 15 hp to xyloxi base? big deal.

9) crystal cloud should cost 1 :xy:. (it would invalidate some of my decks but it should); dark crystal should cost nothing; also fusion drain.

10) clone should be limited to 1 in deck (not the current clone, new one as announced by greywing recently).

as for cosmetics, i would suggest a few renames: ens soldier->enslaved drone, breaker class->breaker (also pulsar), battery->some-sf-name (picture change would be in order), shield morph (well name is ok but i have a problem with it looking as a human shield. id prefer it to look like a squished combat node or something...)

9. Crystal Cloud should be stronger, as is, I see little use. Also dark crystal and fusion drain should be both nerfed, because they're worse than annoying in the beginning.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:47 pm

fusion drain and dark crystal shouldn't cost nothing, that improves energy denial. i would say that the improvement to them should be: fusion drain 1 :ca: enemy loses 4 energy, gain 3 :ca: 2 :cc:, and dark crystal 1 :xy: enemy loses 4 energy, gain 3 :xy: 2 :ca:. its a subtle difference, as it makes them virtually free, but makes them more difficult to use. dark crystal should not be used in a CA deck without XY attached, as with fusion drain in a CC deck without CA. dark crystal for free in pure CA would be easier energy drain for CA decks, and fusion drain free in CC would give pure CC rush a big bonus, making the enemy have no energy while you gain enough to put out yet another ship or two.
prismatic spark upgrade: this would be much better than the current one. it would fit with the other cards by the name spark, as they all die in use. lets not add another structure to generate that much :rl:. there is already 4 structures for that purpose, and if more energy is somehow needed, the current prismatic spark will work for that. then, add energy shell and prismatic crystal and energy is no issue.
2nd moon could use the boost. an extra health per structure is all it would take, making the boost from 12 or 15 to 16 or 20.
greater dark demon energy drain: lets not upgrade energy drain. dark demons/greater dark demons have the ridiculous CIP of energy drain already, and the 1/turn from greater dark demon can add to dark rifts to keep energy down.
grasper morph regen: drop grasper morph to 5 attack, give it 3-4 paid regen. this would make the abilities play a much greater part in its battles than the 8 attack does now, which kills most ships in a straight fight anyway.
crystal cloud: meh. i don't know that i ever used it much, and i won't presume to know how to fix it.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Fusion Drain and Dark Crystal already cost enough as it is (a card). If I was going to get such little amounts from my cards I would rather just not use them at all. If someone wants to use such weak cards in their decks they should be able to. If anything they should be upgraded.

I would say that all the cards that do a one shot energy drain should drain ALL the opponent's energy. That would be both dark demons, Negator, and those cards too. Greater Dark would be 100% drain on CIP and no drain on successful hit.

Prismatic Spark = 4 generation per turn. If someone wants to put this sucky card in their deck they can at least get that much.

2nd moon - How about 3 per permanent in play on your side? That would be like 46ish.

Grasper Morph - It is fine as it is. It has less synergy with itself than it would if you gave it paid regen, but the color is an aggressive one anyway and the 8 dmg is a whole lot more beatdown than the 5 would be.

Crystal Cloud - I said on day 1 of this card's existence this should require no sacrifice of a ship. Admin likes to keep around a few cards that help newbs lose, though, and I guess this is one of them.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:37 pm

dark crystal / fusion drain: i'd prefer them to be twice as powerful but not negator and other ships. negator is a nasty drain + decent ship. one-shot actions should be stronger than ship cip drains.

crystal cloud's functionality is fine. i just want it to cost 1 :xy: so it would be a racial card as it should be, not a relic. that's all. (i am puzzled by the way some of you see this card (that i like), but let's not stray off topic)

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:20 am

I don't know if you agree, but we should fix any anti-synergy we got in the game.

-Technomancer automatic ability and Mind Hack or Mind Wipe
-Data Shard and playing cards from your hand, and Recall gate's ability
-Dimensional Link and Chaos Demon

If you know of any more anti-synergy, please point it out.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:08 am

Anti-synergy within the same color is OK.

Each color would ideally have at least 2 reasonable decks that could be made with it.

Thus the anti-synergy cards could go into separate decks with separate strategies.

Also, I don't know if I would call Mind Wipe + Technomancer anti-synergistic. I think pretty much everything is synergistic with "opponent discards their whole hand".

Opponent is holding 4 Chain Reactions ready for you to play ships... mind wipe... not anymore... play Technomancer... win...

Keeping your stuff alive is pretty synergistic with allowing yourself to win the game, discard does help to achieve that somewhat.

I kinda dislike Chaos Demon myself, but it does still gain +0/+1 from the dimensional ink and it does get the +1/+1 for 1 attack which isn't the worst thing in the world.

I also kinda like the Recall Gate's ability myself. I am not about to say it isn't hard to use correctly.

Anyway, I think things are mostly fine as it is.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:56 pm

concerning crystal core and rift spark, plus any additional ships with a self destruction ability, could there be an additional universal target only applicable for these types of ships' abilities? if i have one crystal core on my side, and i want to remove it to place an amethyst XY in its place blocking an enemy ship, likely in the effort to prevent discarding or because i know that the crystal core can be defeated by an artillery turret before the attack phase, i will want to remove the core, but the only aplicable target is the enemy ship. similarly with rift sparks, i might want an enemy ship to live, like a voidbringer blocked by a scanner ghost, but thats the only enemy target, and i would rather not hit my own ships.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Yeah i could look into that. For some cards it might matter that the only targets are allied or opposing, for most it doesn't matter that much.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:01 pm
Profile WWW

It is strategically useful to be able to kill your own ships sometimes.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:04 pm

im not the only one who doesn't like obscufation tower, though i do use it some. this is only an idea, brought on by greywing's mentioning that effects can be temporary, and noting that cloak can combine with other abilities without problems. let me know if theres an issue with doing it, or if the idea is just not something we want in the game, but i think it could be fun. change the ability to: 3 :rv: target ship gains cloak for two turns, ending on the third turn after your combat phase, thus only 2 turns out of 3 can it be cloaked at a time, while the third turn it is available to kill. considering that RV uses many large ships and is mostly vulnerable to instakills, this would decrease that effect without removing it entirely, and should not open up many complaints, as the effected ship can still be killed, just not as soon as it appears, thus giving the RV player some use of the ship before it can be killed as the only credible threat. the only real complaint that could be opened is its use on ultranought, where, if the RV player gains that much energy to play the ship, use the tower, and use the ability on the ship, and has both cards uncontested, the other player deserves it.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:37 pm

addition to my cosmetics list above:
1) power plant (hu) should be renamed because it's too general (isn't solar plant a power plant itself?); i suggest "microwave plant".
2) echo image (tm cruiser) should get its own image. (it's ok when actions use images of existing ships.)

Greywing wrote:
* up to a certain extend it's possible to combine actions. For instance the 'Ethereal Fighter' card combines cloak and reshuffle into one ability.

then how about giving 2 points of damage resistance to prismatic spark in addition to energy gain? that would at least keep it from being sniped easily.

i gave that as an alternative to my suggestion above, though i prefer the one above. the active ability i suggested would create a little meta-game where you try to disperse the spark one move before it gets destroyed; meanwhile, your opponent will try to kill it in his action phase so that you can't detonate the spark.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Bad idea, because it would only be killable with an advantage to use haste ships or CIP damage ships.

If someone is going to use that tiny thing, they should have to work a little harder than that, I think.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Got some more:

Chain Reaction: make it "there must be at least 2 copies (counting the target) in play"

Space Warp: Decrease the HP loss, or make it base damage

EM Pulse: Does anyone use it? If not, make it more attractive

Assault Dorgan and Thogram Bomber: Add defense to each

Overseer: Decrease its attack. Right now, it's a awkward blend of cruiser and powerful support ship. It's either one of the other.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:53 pm

The only one of those I can really get behind is the Electromagnetic Pulse upgrade. It could stand to cost 2 less.

Otherwise, the rest of them are better like they are.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next