Thoughts On Ancient Converter

Talk about anything regarding the Hidden Dimensions core game and HD Spectrum.
PenneyRZ

Re: Thoughts On Ancient Converter

Postby PenneyRZ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:25 pm

I understand what you are saying, but the problem you are describing usually doesn't exist like you are saying in the real world.

If you had 1 of every kind of energy and 100 of one kind of energy, then it would be ideal if the Ancient Converter sucked down all of the kind with 100, but the code just doesn't work that way.

What is more likely is that you have 7 of this, 1 of that, 2 of this, 5 of that, 4 of this, 8 of that, and so on. If you have energy like this which is pretty common when you are randomly choosing what new energy to receive then the goal is to maximally avoid hitting the 1 and 2 in a way that doesn't require adding any new code to the game.

Dropping the drainage from 5 to 4 guarantees nothing, but 1/4 of the time in the above scenario the final point would have drained one of the two you don't want so the absence of that drain would have achieved the desired effect.

The actual numbers would be a 31.6% likelihood not to hit the 1 and 2 with just 4 drain and a 23.7% likelihood not to hit one of them with a 5 drain. That is a 33% more likelihood to be screwed with that last 1 point of drain.

Then you think "So what if you are 33% more likely to be screwed? The only time it matters is when you are using a bad card (Ancient Converter) to cast a bad card (Greater Prismatic Demon) anyway."

I can't argue with that, but both cards would be a whole lot better if the Ancient Converter sucked 20% (or even 40%) less (ala 5 drain down to 4 or 3).
PenneyRZ
Verden Leafglow

Postby Verden Leafglow » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:47 pm

What if we had a different alternative:

After the Ancient Converter has drained energy, it checks which energy type is the lowest, and adds one energy there, for each of the three (or four) energy it provides.
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:49 pm

That also requires new code.

I don't think you are getting how much Admin doesn't like to add new code or change old code.

99% of requests that have been implemented didn't require changing new code.

99% of requests that didn't get implemented required changing or adding new code.
PenneyRZ
Greywing

Postby Greywing » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:53 pm

That was after HD:S release while people were asking stuff to be changed while i wasn't doing anymore updates.

If it's a good suggestion, anything is possible. In regards of AC, i've lowered the drain amount to 4 for HD:X. For HD:S, nothing will change.
AC is supposed to random and i don't like the general idea of making things more complex than they need to be. If you don't like AC in your deck, HD:X will provide a number of other random energy structures.
SVC - NULLL games.
Found a bug or have a question? PM me or post on the forum.
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

I would rather see Ancient Converter drain for 4 and create random for 8 PLUS quit making prismatic demons require even energy from each color.

Either that or make a new card that is called "Useful Prismatic Demon" that works like the above and just leave the current ones like they are now since I know you really want the current ones to stay like they are.
PenneyRZ

Return to “Hidden Dimensions”