AR pure deck on HD:X. suitable for fighting?

Talk about anything regarding the Hidden Dimensions core game and HD Spectrum.
DEEP SPACE

AR pure deck on HD:X. suitable for fighting?

Postby DEEP SPACE » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:21 am

First is time to remember AR power on older games:

HD: AR was only made by weak support cards that can by used on any race.
WS: Miners and shields. Only for support.
HD:S: You can made a semi-pure deck with AR, but with the sume of some cards of other races, or you would lose.

On those games AR is not powerfull to function alone, because Grey says that they are not a complete race, but on NW and XM they have the same power than the other races. I don't know what power will have on HD:F, but on HD:X, with the sum of the 3 huge ships, the 3 new structures and even the Prismatic channeler can do a great change to AR and able you to create a pure deck with them.

What do you think?
:rl: DEEP SPACE :rl:
The Spectralis core.
Now in an Arcane Voidsplitter.
In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile
idea bulb

Re: AR pure deck on HD:X. suitable for fighting?

Postby idea bulb » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:54 pm

You are saying that the AR cards are only restrained to cards that have random energy usage ONLY but this is not the case. A true AR deck consists of random energy cards AND the duel energy cards.
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
Wv_Hawk_vW

Postby Wv_Hawk_vW » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:01 pm

so, you can also include darkwing and enslaved soldier and crystal nagato, is that what your saying?
Discord: WvHawkvW#6491.

I am a blast from the past who is rising from the ashes like a phoenix!

Please donate money to Greywing.
Verden Leafglow

Postby Verden Leafglow » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:13 am

The issue with including those cards (like Crystal Nagato) is that even though they're *amazing* cards, one cannot depend on the low-level amazing cards because they simply won't hold the day on their own. Unfortunately, AR - without the suggested change I made for Ancient Converter - can't manage to use any Colored cards of the powerhouse sort in any reliable way. What we're basically left with is depending on certain support cards and buildings, which is fine, but it would be nice if AR had a support building that was more inspiring than the Sensor Cluster...
PenneyRZ

Postby PenneyRZ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Sensor Cluster isn't really an AR support land. It is more of an any color support land that sucks which, try as I might, I haven't gotten Admin to make good yet. My vision for the card is as a way that any color can make whichever ships they want bigger, not just a way for AR to make AR ships bigger.

Anyway, Verden Leafglow hit on the reason that Artifact is mostly just worse as a stand alone "color" than any of the others. The majority of the true powerhouse cards take a lot of energy of a single color to use and AR just can't pull that off reliably.

One might go so far as saying that the top end ship power is important to a color and that AR just has absolutely zero top end, because Greater Prismatic is pretty much straight worse than anything available in a color in addition to being harder to cast.

It isn't at all clear if anyone would cast Greater Prismatic if it just costed 16 random and they could use it in any color, but at least it would be better than it is now where 16 is too much for those stats and its hard to even get the right kind and amount of each energy in addition.

Sorta why I suggested to change the cost for prismatics to cost 10 and 20 random and that is it rather than their current costs. That and it would make the game simpler and more elegant and make the prismatics more like AR is supposed to be (tools that another race discovers and uses).

AR was never meant to be a stand alone color and that is why it is weaker than every other color when it stands alone.

AR decks have a good ability to splash weak cards from other colors, but as VL said a bunch of good small ships doesn't really make a good full deck.

If anyone is going to try to build a good deck that is primarily AR, they should definitely be using Elemental Techno Crystals, because that would give them some color consistency that would let them at least try to pull off casting some of the bigger cards in three of the possible colors.
PenneyRZ
idea bulb

Postby idea bulb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Well, reguarding sensor cluster, how amout making it a repeating "techno scan" building?
I am light, pearceing the blackness of space.
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:41 pm

a little too powerful in my opinion.
artifact card should be used because it fits the current deck tactics, not because it's super-strong (none if them should be super-strong).

i think the new sensor cluster (+1 for 3 :rl:) is ok and would've seen (some) play in HDS. probably won't see as much in HDX because players will be drawn towards new cards.

- - - -

to answer original question, i haven't built a pure AR deck ever and until HDX, i won't.

i do enjoy various spectrum decks i occasionally pull out of the vault, but no pure AR for me for another 3-6 months...
Guevara-chan

Postby Guevara-chan » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Well... Reporting in as dedicated monoAR player. Things tends to be better once you manage to start with enough resources (fight against tactical deck lv. 3):

Still, there are quite vast room for improvements. First of all: best AR energy structure is still XY. Lost Mine mostly obligatory. Legendary data cube – useless. Demons not worth it. What's new ? Ships (including legendary one) and laboratory, serving as new spine for any pure AR deck. Reliquary only useful when you short of labs. Not even sure where Pantheon should stuffed for any effect... j0254cIdjcEcHcxcGcDdHdndpdQ, btw.
life MOV.I #life+1, *life
האם יש זמן לעצור ?
Verden Leafglow

Postby Verden Leafglow » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:02 am

First of all: best AR energy structure is still XY.

I'd disagree with you on this one point. Science Lab is vastly superior - though it gives a couple less HP than the Prismatic Spire (which is in 99.9% of circumstances, insignificant), it generates the same amount of energy, where 1 of those 3 energy can be chosen. At the worst, it generates the same amount of energy, at best - you can use it to generate a specific energy type with a racial building to enhance your AR strategy. As far as I'm concerned, the Science Lab renders the Prismatic Spire completely obsolete, and for that reason, either the Science Lab needs to be redesigned or the Prismatic Spire adjusted, or both (similar issues occur with a Reliquary that is level 4, however, that is an exceptional situation not worth considering - but you see my point).
dark1n

Postby dark1n » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:44 am

Verden Leafglow wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the Science Lab renders the Prismatic Spire completely obsolete, and for that reason, either the Science Lab needs to be redesigned or the Prismatic Spire adjusted, or both ...

neither should be changed. we need both if we want to go for 45-60 cards. reliquary merely covers for the cube which no longer generates energy.
Verden Leafglow

Postby Verden Leafglow » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:23 pm

dark1n wrote:
Verden Leafglow wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the Science Lab renders the Prismatic Spire completely obsolete, and for that reason, either the Science Lab needs to be redesigned or the Prismatic Spire adjusted, or both ...

neither should be changed. we need both if we want to go for 45-60 cards. reliquary merely covers for the cube which no longer generates energy.

I would still disagree with this - a smaller deck ought never to be determined by a single card, even if a larger deck can use both. There should be just cause for me to be using two Prismatic Spires and two Science Labs in a smaller deck if I want to, but there just isn't. If the HP disparity between the two buildings was a bit larger, or if the Science Lab did something like CIP generates 2 or 3 Random energy (I prefer this one), I would be much happier with this and would actually have to think which one I would want to put in a small deck.
Ginger88895

Postby Ginger88895 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:15 pm

In early versions of HD, it is almost impossible(especially in hd1) because of the lackness of cards. You can't just use THESE ships to fight,yeah?

-z0mg VOID ENGINE!
-no, it's cheat engine.
-0mg pwned xD
bruce741

Postby bruce741 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:41 am

One might go so far as saying that the top end ship power is important to a color and that AR just has absolutely zero top end, because Greater Prismatic is pretty much straight worse than anything available in a color in addition to being harder to cast.

Return to “Hidden Dimensions”