It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 418 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

the merged circular alliance 

Post the merged circular alliance
Im back, and i see that neither the forum nor spectrum have been updated in quite a while (seems like they stopped when i left), so im back to work my magic.

i took this part of the story from the xyloxi only known as chyriax. i have edited it, for nicety (capitalisation, and penney was 60 years old when the conflict started, hence the retirement plan).

The Merged Circular Alliance
episode one:
dawn of a new age

admiral penney, now scarred and aged from over twenty years of battling the TM/RV alliance, sits upon the neyon-moru enjoying his christmas retirement party, which the xyloxi were generous enough to allow to happen beneath the great crystal tree, which all xyloxi are born from. much has changed since we have last looked upon our characters. namely, the war between the circle and alliance has been over for more than seven years, and while peace has been estabilished on this front, relations have destabilized with the cis'caex over the past twenty years since an MT infection started in the battle queen, unbenownst to all other parties. Mith'ri'ael attacks have been common since the chaos of the war, and rift demons have become far less rare as many of the weapons used destabilized the dimensional separations. all our heroes, human, caanien, or ri'vii have passed thier prime long ago, and even the overlord, seated next to penney, looks aged. greywing took after the spectralis core deep space in an attempt to prevent further meddling from him, leaving only the xyloxi and technomancers of our story still in fighting trim, though many younger heroes have been born to take the older ones' places.

Admiral Penney: i propose a toast. to the continuing peace between the circle and the alliance, may it last forever.
*glasses clinking from all sides, namely between members previously on opposing sides of the prior conflict*
vegas: may it last forever. our races could not afford another conflict like that one: we nearly destroyed ourselves as well as each other.
mariner #51: penney, if you would please, look outside. the xyloxi and technomancers have a gift for you.
penney: really, lets see what it is.
*a viewscreen opens up, revealing to the entire party what the present is*
penney: it can't be!
HTTP 404 Error: can you hear me penney?
penney: is that what i think it is?
HTTP 404 Error: yes, its the phoenix mark 2. we technomancers joined the project only recently, helping the human scientists and the xyloxi in their five decade long project of building it better than the first, and it was deemed fitting that i be the one to present it to you, since i was the one that destroyed the first one. its taken some serious upgrades though.......not sure how to put this, but now i offer you a choice. bear in mind that few could hope for this oppurtunity, but you are worthy of it. if you wish, we can allow you to join with your ship, similarly to a technomancer is to thiers. our unfortunate experiments on humans like treet have given us the ability to do so.
George Treet: ahh its not all that bad. i still remember when i one upped greywing by hacking *him* and besides, ive been so much better with computers since.
Penney: you mean i could continue protecting humanity?
HTTP: yes, and aid us all against the threats we have brought upon ourselves. demons and mith'ri'ael have become everyday sights on technomancer radar, and it seems like a weekly basis that one of the races assembled here calls on the rest to aid against an attack. we cannot hope to survive apart. please penney, we all need you.
#51: they xyloxi agree. the chyriax points out that they have noticed an elder solar demon, going by solaris, directing some groups of the mith'ri'ael, while other groups attack the same demon. even if it means fighting others of thier kind to do so. they find traces of other elder demons polarizing the different demon types against each other as well.
penney: alright, i will do it.
*the phoenix's assimilation function activates, similar to a teleporter, but instead of penney ending up in one place aboard a ship, his consiousness becomes the ship's while his body disappears.
penney: i am now the phoenix. it is done.

*several days later penney is demonstrating the power of the phoenix mark 2 to the universe*

Treet: careful there penney, you may not have old bones to creak and hurt anymore, but those of us inside of you still do
Penney: you will be fine, but these greater dark demons here won't.
*the demons fire many blasts at penney, only to discover that at the last second he teleported to the other side of them and has obliterated several of them in an instant*
Vegas: slow down a bit, were not used to teleporting fifty times a minute, even if you somehow are after just a few days in a ship's body
Penney: sorry, its hard to remember that i have people inside me to worry about too. the good thing is that i can not only teleport just before destruction, but whenever i choose and to wherever i choose, as often as i choose, within any area within my charts. yes, i could teleport outside that range, but it would be risky.
*the demons retreat to a higher dimension*
Penney: oh no you don't *follows and finishes them off, then comes back to 3D*
Vegas: im going to be sick... *runs to a nearby restroom*
penney: oh. um, whoops.
HTTP: now that your done showing off, maybe you could work on control. its good that you figured out how to teleport to a general area, but with control you could do it to a nanometer's variance in location with where you wish to be. and remember that you have many more weapons than the mark 8 q-ray....please.... the right tool for the right job. if you want to destroy a star or something, then thats fine for it, but it wasn't needed on these demons. simple siege xazers wouldn't have required advanced technomancer shielding on the observing ships just to be close enough to observe the battle, and still would have taken them out just fine. besides, that particular weapon shouldn't be used that much without further improvement. we improved the dimensional stabilizers from the mark 7, but they still don't quite cover all of the tearing.
Penney: yea, sorry, my personality circuits are taking a little to fine tune, so i might have some youthful enthusiasm for a little bit until i get used to this.
Treet: *eye roll* yea, anyone got a mop to beam over? vegas' stomach needs fine tuning to deal with this, and thats the closest bathroom, and I really could use a change of the pants.

and so the new story begins, but what has turned the two higher dimensional races into many different armies, and what is this talk about elder demons. besides, how long is it going to take before penney's personality finally returns to normal, and how much is the overenthusiasm going to knock holes in the universe with a mark 8 q-ray before then?

:hu: :ca: :rv: :tm: Wv_Hawk_vW :tm: :rv: :ca: :hu:

Please donate money to Greywing.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Post Re: the merged circular alliance
sorry to say but what you wrote was already written by mr Crylax under the marry christmas to all area. as such you must change your post into a quote.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:
i took this part of the story from the xyloxi only known as chyriax

this isnt sufficient to cite my source? besides, not to be a smart ass but there is no "Cyrlax" around here. I assume thats pronounced "Sir-Lax"

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:50 am

ok sorry but who reads the preface

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:01 am

So #51 reapears.

Thanks i created that character. ;D

In other words: DEEP SPACE TO THE MAX POWER!

My image collection - My game profile

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:59 am

sorry but i believe there was a person with that username and i must guess had it before you started posting these thrillers

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:55 am

Firstly, I tend to read the preface. second, space mariner 51 is the guys name. third, nobody wants to join in? More magic, then.

Admiral Penney has been merged with his ship and has complete control over it. he is rapidly finding out many things about his ship.

Penney: For this demonstration, you will be glad you people are on board neyon'moru and not in my bowels.

Vegas: Yeah, your last demonstration-- urk! (runs to the bathroom)

Treet: dont worry, most riverbugs have physical memory. Vegas is no exception.

Vegas: *bwalrgh* *spit* i dont think i have anything left to urk! to let out, keep going...

Penney:Very well, I shall skip to the fun.

Neyon'Moru: Launching dorgans.

*the phoenix stays ahead of the 50 or so various dorgans, staying just outside of their range. then it stops, and does a U-turn that literally swats all of them into space dust. Then the ship teleports to within an inch of the camera, and everyone who is looking in that direction jumps.*

Moru: Very funny. I nearly opened fire.

Penney: just be glad I didnt teleport next to your reactor, otherwise it would destabilize and you would be dead in the water. Next, my favorite ability. it allows all ships to enter 4d space, whether they were designed for such or not. Observe...

*penney fires a Q-ray, and it rips a hole right between 3d space and 4d space*

Your dorgans would be able to enter there and use that rip to enter 4d space. where it goes depends on where I put my next rip, however I shall demonstrate the true power of this ability....

*penney fires a weird-looking ray, obviously not a Q-ray, and the rip almost immediately closes, baffling HTTP and everyone else.*

HTTP404Error: How... did you do that?

Penney:You technomancers. You figure out a good way of stopping something, dont put enough power in it to make the method work, and you drop it. to improve the dimensional stabilizers, simply shunt gratuitous amounts of power through them. you will take the paper between dimensions that gets turned into steel, and turn it into energon-charged chromium-plated titanium. shunting all the power through makes it impossible to rip that region of space. I'm not sure how long the effect lasts, but I wouldnt be surprised if it keeps the mith... the jellybeans from coming through for a very long time, and if we arent careful, doing this can extinct the rift demons on this dimension. speak of the devils...

*penney fires the Q-ray on a greater solar demon and uses xasers to finish off the other rift demons*

Neyon'moru: Your power levels are dropping. you shouldn't use the Q-ray so much.

Penney: Get out of there, you jerckoff! argh! off of those charts! get back in there! Out of the mess hall! Get your ass back into the energy box! no, not the engines, not the--

*penney turns and starts accelerating towards neyon'moru, but suddenly stops. a lesser technodemon rushes out the front, and is rapidly destroyed by moru's big guns.*

Penney: Sorry about that, now I know what its like to fight a techno demon.

HTTP: Yes; However, I don't know of anyone, except a technomancer, who has ever been able to get one out of their system. your ship-- ahem, body must have a genuine techno-label on it.

Moru: hey! what about the ca'anian logo that's already on there!

Vegas: Last time I checked, The rivi'i pitched in, and sinse they need a representative, the xyloxis practically made that ship possible.

*argument in the bridge*

Penney (moru "let" him hack into the bridge's speaker systems to make them about 100x louder): THATS ENOUGH!!! Jeez, why cant we just put all 5 symbols onto my hull and be done with it!!! Moru, here's the speakers again.

Moru: That's a very nice paint job you are proposing. I shall put it on the view screen. any questions?

*no response*

Moru: alright. sinse it is unanymous, I propose we start painting penney immediately.

Penney is going to be painted red, with 5 racial symbols in him. But an unknown threat builds, just outside the galaxy...

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:20 pm

here is a question, shall you make the elder demons fully sentint or will they be beasts just like the other rift demons? I am of the personal opinion that the elders have enough stringth that they have gained a mind of sorts besides making the elders able to think and communicate shall allow for an interesting story but that is just my thought.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:29 pm

I am of the personal opinion that greater demons have sentience as well, and that elder demons have trans-sentience. this allows greywing to actually communicate with the greater demons; he cant communicate with the elders, for the same reason that one cannot communicate with a stranger on the other side of the globe (oh, i didnt know you even existed. *whisper* who is this guy?)

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:45 pm

if the elders have transinded or i would perfer to say assended beyond the realm of mear mortals that meens they have become immortal, gods you might say.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:15 pm

to a bear, or a cat, humans must be immortal, because a human can live for nearly ten times the average animal's lifetime. I think that these elder demons would, indeed, be deities, however they can be killed. I also think they should be trans-galactic; that explains the numerous religions of humanity, while at the same time being plausible thanks to the catanians. the xyloxis would, no doubt, be mortal enemies to the rift demons, while at the same time only mages could possibly destroy elder demons.

please join in, i dont want to be a one-man team. seriously, ive never been a single person doing the roleplay, and its no fun like this.

edit: they didnt transcend a realm (ie they didnt go to 4d realm or something), but instead, they did the same thing we did when we became sentient: they simply got a million times more mental power.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Hey Hawk, you are writing text on orange (and dark orange).

There is a relation with this and your Ta'yawhans? ;D

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:
Im back, and i see that neither the forum nor spectrum have been updated in quite a while (seems like they stopped when i left), so im back to work my magic.

Ohh...
Welcome back Hawk. ;D

HD:S has ended so there is no longer updates (maybe, i don't known very well that is ended :-/ ).
The most interasant thing is that the "first event" is just "the event". ::)

Check out my new things:
my range and my image collection. (you find the links on my signature, see below.)
Nulll games quiz 2
Chaos and cosmos

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Penney and Vegas are worried about the Rivi, who haven't returned their offer to join them. They're afraid that the Rivi will resume the war that just ended. The new Rivi Commandant and some Admirals are meeting to discuss this issue.

Comandant Arto'upis: We are here to discuss the possibility of joining the Circle.
Grand Admiral Hor'ka: I have received their offer. It's pretty good, considering the last war.
(recently promoted) Grand Admiral Dewra: Don't forget, our ally from that war also sent us an offer. Plus, the Humans are our mortal enemies, like those rotten-
Hor'ka: Hey. They want to forgive for everything.
Admiral Ter'waq: What is their reason for the offer? To get closer to us. Then, they will turn on us and destroy us, at the moment of our greatest weakness.
Commandant: The Humans love to do that. Plus, we are weak, lacking Dreadnoughts and Ultranoughts. We need to rebuild our fleets, in case they attack, regardless of who we are allied to.
Admiral Bruye: Our small ships cannot fill the gap.
Dewra: But, the Technomancers gave us their technology, and we can so whatever we want with it.
Commandant: Dewra's right. The new tech will help fill the void.
Hor'ka: In that case, we accept their offer as is-
Dewra: So that they will destroy us. Not in this lifetime!!!
Bruye: Hey, I have an idea. Tell them that we want to accept their offer, but we add some conditions they must do.
Commandant: Such as?
Bruye: Return some outposts they captured and keep territory and bases we took during the last war.
Hor'ka: I don't think of any more that we should add.
Commandant: Hor'ka, you got an envoy ready to go to Penney?
Hor'ka: Yes.
Commandant: Have him ready to go to Penney, if they want to meet us personally. Send them our response. Bruye will help you.
Hor'ka and Bruye: Yes, sir.
Commandant: Good. Dewra, tell your envoy what happened here. You will report back when we meet again. Same for you, Hor'ka.
(Hor'ka, Bryue, and Dewra leave)
Terwaq: Sir, are you worried that they will destroy us, like Dewra fears?
Commandant: No. Unlike our past, we have new weapons and new knowledge from Skurjm's war. I don't think they will be able to destroy us, in our new and stronger state.
Terwaq: We still lack Dreadnoughts and other heavy ships.
Commandant: But, we have other ways to make up for that shortage, and new training to take advantage. We will still be allied to the Technomancers, regardless of what Penney does. I have plans for anything.
Dewra returns to his Technonaught, a dreadnought with Technomancer computers and abilities

43ER9: So, how did it go?
Dewra: They're sending them that they want to join, but they added 2 conditions. To return captured outposts and to keep our gains from Skurjm's war.
43ER9: My allies are ready to attack. Plus, our outside allies will finally arrive here to help out. Plus, we might be able to get some betrayals. I'll tell my superiors. They'll run the battle.
Dewra: What about me?
43ER9: Resume your normal activities. Your next meeting will determine our next move.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:35 pm

first of all, the outside threat is the Ta'Yawhans. second, this is the Prometheus, a planet buster superbattleship capable of taking the place of entire fleets and even reducing the amount of resources required on any missions. its very capable of long range missions all by itself.

Basically, its a carrier/battleship hybrid with a unique ability not seen on most ships. That yellow globe in the center is a star; there are only four ships of this type. one has a red dwarf inside, two (the default ones) have yellow stars, and one has a white giant inside. one thing that all these stars have in common is that they were shrunk down to about the size of a moon prior to having a ship grow around them. these stars have a symbiotic relationship with the ship: the ship provides fuel, and the star provides antimatter for the superweapon (havent decided on a name for it). all over the ship are various multipurpose turrets. at each turret is a station. when the turret is being swapped out, it gets retracted (and the section gets hatched closed). next, the turret gets pulled onto a small wheel, and that wheel rotates the turret to the maintenence/swapping station. in the meantime, the next turret gets moved in. in case you dont understand, i shall try some ASCII Art.

\...|
...O

|../
O

more simply put, every turret is retractable. when retracted, the turret is moved to another station, and at the same time another turret is moved in its place. this is the perfect time to do maintenence on it-- meaning that just because you just knocked out that annoying gun by your ship, which happens to be on the backside, doesnt mean the turret is going to stay down. one of the most unique features: fighters can be placed instead of guns, allowing fighters to be launched out of turrets. they have to come to the same landing bay as all other fighters if they are launched this way, however.

One of the more vulnerable areas of the ship is the antimatter gathering area. This is mostly solved by shields up the wazoo, but due to its proximity to the star, solar flares literally put holes into the shield. with specialized shields, a ship could enter this hole and wreak havoc inside-- of course, this is assuming they can survive a short distance from a star for extended periods of time. still, all they have to do is destroy the antimatter gatherers, and bam-- superweapon disabled. take out the shields for your escape, and pow. mid-battle repairs almost impossible for the most important area of the ship (just short of the engines and bridge).

The ship has powerful control over gravity. this is what makes it possible to move the star around. it also allows people to experience real gravity inside (and even outside) the ship. the hull is an exoskeleton. to produce light, the ship uses biosynthesis to produce chemicals nessescary for chemoluminescence. One more important thing, the Ta'Yawhans are wizards when it comes to coding in general: they are extremely good at hacking (even the technomancers cant crack them) and nothing can avoid being hacked.

OOC: the outside allies are more technomancers. nobody has heard of or seen the ta'yawhans, nor have they ever known they ever existed. the ta'yawhan cloak is perfect, except they must decloak to fight. still, few people have survived to tell the tail-- Vegas is one of them, but she's also a Ta'Yawhan spy.

also note, the circle belonged to the riverbugs. keep that in mind.

@DS, I just chose brown (not orange) because i saw another member was using a funny color in his posts. I figured, what thehay, spice up this forum with my own color.

Just seconds after the conversation between 43ER9 and Dewra, a rip between 4d and 3d space appears practically on top of the techno-naught.

Dewra: What the-- Whats happening?!

43ER9: Alliance ships coming out of the rift!!! Prepare for battle!

Penney: Forgive me for intruding with my battleship fleet, but just to inform you... hold on lemmeclose this before demons show up.

*penney fires his rift closing ray-- baffling dewra as a greater rift demon is literally split in half while one tries to get back in and the other half tries to stay out, and the entire demon ends up exploding in a very colorful set of fireworks*

Penney: Ahem, as i was about to say, You riverbugs have very good reason for building new ships. If you would like, the alliance will assist the circle in building ships and equipping them to fight rift demons-- but first, we ask to prove our loyalty to you, a friend, by putting your symbol on my hull. it goes between the ca'anian and xyloxi symbols, and make sure...

Commandant: What is the meaning behind this!

Penney: Please meet me in the bridge, commandant.

*penney uses his teleporter to teleport Commandant inside, while Neyon'moru shoots up a nearby nebular demon*

commandant: Where are you?!

Penney: Merged with the ship, I am afraid.

Commandant: Why have you abducted me?!

*penney teleports Commandant back to his ship* You want to negotiate on your ship, fine. but All I want is your Rivi'i symbol--

Commandant: Wait a minute... your speaking my language.

Penney: am I? the phoenix II's translator systems must be working. I want your race's symbol to be put on my hull. several technomancers have put theirs on me. In exchange, my fleet contains various cargoships, a shipfull of contractors, and--

Hor'ka: Sir! there's an unknown ship practically right on top of us! I've never seen anything like it, but scans arent picking it up at all, its as if it isnt there!

Admiral Bruye: There. whats that shining thing?

Penney: On my ship. now.

*penney teleports the circle's counsel onboard, each in a seperate room, just as the unknown superbattleship fires four rays, one from each of its talons. then these four rays collide some distance away from the tip of the nose, merge together into a ball, and the ball gets hurled at the city-ship. in a great flash, it is obliterated, with nothing left behind. Fighters are launched from the ship.*

Penney: my god, even the Q-ray cant destroy that ship in one shot!

[ooc] Paradox dispeller: the difference between planets and the city ship is similar to the difference between the empire state building and a tank. a tank, in addition to being smaller, is hellaciously tougher. in fact, it can probably take a nuke, though not directly. the empire statebuilding-- one well placed bomb, and that entire thing goes down. the city-ship has shields that prevent the Q-ray's first shot from working, though not the second one. planets require an incredible amount of shielding to survive the Q-ray. even still, this weapon is far, far, far more powerful... [/ooc]

Penney: Moru, I'm transporting these diplomats on board you. you arent able to put them through as much G-stress as I am, so you cant kill them quite as easily. I'm going to take on that ship.

Neyon'Moru: Admiral, you cannot survive even a single blast from that ship.

Penney: trust me, these shields can survive the inside of a star's core, while it is going supernova. they have before; they will again.

*penney charges to the star between the talons and the nose. he pulses the shields, rapidly recharges them, and moves inside the star. he fires his Q-ray and leaves. the mammoth ship, however, uses gravitational control to prevent a supernova. all weapons batteries start firing proton- and antimatter-rays at penney, while fighters start wreaking havoc on his shield generators.*

Neyon'Moru: I suggest you get away as soon as possible, penney. *moru severely damages one of the engines*

Vegas: Te'tya! Net'won me'ju lo'ke moru!

*suddenly all the turrets stop firing*

Vegas: That's about what I thought. Penney, prometheus should be hailing you.

Penney: Greetings, superbattleship prometheus. I am--

Empereror Lockjaw: Penney, recently merged with your ship. we know. our spy says she's--

Vegas: Ta'Yawha will be angry with you when he finds out of this treachery!

Lockjaw: SILENCE!!! Underling, what is your name?

Vegas: Tut'tweh Janko Lorweilin Vegas Farwin. Difficult to pronounce properly without the proboscis.

Lockjaw: I believe you, vegas. all fighters, return to base. Penney, your quantum singularity reactor is out of allignment, and your shield generators have taken much damage. one of your secondary reactors is on the verge of meltdown. May I come with a repair crew to board your ship? You appear to be the closest thing we have to neutral ground, for the circle, alliance, and ta'yawhans to learn about each other on.

Penney: ready to receive diplomats and repairs.

And so, a new race has been discovered. it is far more powerful than anyone knows, and they have already sent one of their most powerful ships to retrieve Vegas. What does this species want? One thing is certain: Lockjaw and Penney have a lot in common.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:18 am

Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:
@DS, I just chose brown (not orange) because i saw another member was using a funny color in his posts. I figured, what thehay, spice up this forum with my own color.

Yes, Flareghost.

TO Space-mariner51:
Dewra, Terwaq and Horka, are just random invented names or words on other idiom? :-/

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:27 am

DEEP SPACE wrote:
Wv_Hawk_vW wrote:

Yes, Flareghost.

TO Space-mariner51:
Dewra, Terwaq and Horka, are just random invented names or words on other idiom? :-/

No. Nothing special on how I came up with them.

To Hawk: Is Penney a Ta'Yawha? You weren't clear on if Penney is Human or Ta'Yawha?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:03 am

it would seem that coloring your text is getting trendy, so i might as well join in :p
@mariner-penney is practically a technomancer at this point, since i turned him into one merging him with his ship starting this section of the story. as idea bulb pointed out, the begining of this should be quoted as me from the christmas forum, so im more the one your asking on what i did with penney, but i understand that being an honest mistake.
@hawk-i didn't exactly copyright what i wrote, and the point was to further the story, not push and shove on who wrote what. its only a problem now since someone is asking the wrong person details here about what i came up with to start this off lol :D.

penney is different from a technomancer though, as he is a 1st generation assimilation from an entirely separate race. this makes him impossible to get a decent hack in on him. techno demons fluctuate power on a ship, thus playing with systems directly, but hacking his computer is impossible, since his human brain re-configured the phoenix's computers to a point that he can communicate with other ships, but the systems are completely incompatible. technomancers who have experience with the experiments on humans could have a chance, but a human telepath is the only thing that can really get in. human, not any other race, since no two races think the same. and at that, telepathy is a new phenomenon in humans, so it is doubtful that anyone has trained thier ability to attack someone elses mind and control it. even if someone had, the process changed penney's mind, so it isn't entirely human either, and activated latent telepathy as well, thus giving him two chances to defend himself. although, the telepathy will need to be trained before he can use it, and discovered before it can be trained. when this is finally developed he will be able to sense any mind in the area, regardless of race, and eventually be able to fight with telepathy as well. races more similar to humans will find this a larger part of battles, but ones less similar will find it useless.(RD, for example, aren't really all that reliant on the mind) the XY helped design the systems to activate and strongly enhance telepathy, so his telepathy will be many times stronger than any race could possible think to find theirs at its best. since the ship was a multi-race project, several races included parts to it that were secret even from the other races. the q-ray technology is one example of these, secret in how it works from the other races at least, but not in what it is. a result of this is that the systems can interact in powerful, unforseen ways. the exception being that the XY (the one race that didn't care much about technology since their tech is advanced by evolution more than anything) finished everything, tying it all together so the systems could do this properly. perhaps the largest of these, the teleporter specifically is bound to the telepathy at the most minute level, such that penney can teleport the whole ship somewhere without even the thought behind it, but mere instinct to avoid something, or he can teleport atoms inside another's brain around to permanantly change their very thought process. as he develops his mental skills, penney will find that the whole ship is wired into this system almost as much, and can be run on instinct, freeing his concious mind to fight as a weapon in itself. this means, however, that if a large enough force of telepaths were to incapacitate his mind, the phoenix wouldn't even have LIFE SUPPORT. no power would flow through it at all, of any sort, in any way, shape, or fashion. it is his greatest strength and his greatest weakness.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:00 pm

@Space mariner, penney was a human, at least until he merged with phoenix. now he's.... Something else :p he and lockjaw will get along very well.

@chyriax, we are now officially the physics-breaking justifiers. :P if something shouldnt happen, we explain why it should.

just get a brighter color,
royal blue is bad on this background. very bad.please, seriously, just get a different color. like this one, or this one.

Plans for the future:

Basically, Some of the RV counsel board penney while a few Ta'Yawhans board him. I believe i posted two chosen pics of ta'Yawhans somewhere, so if you know where i posted them, tell me whether you think we should have the one with or the one without the wings. Some various diplomats for the alliance also board penney, though they are slightly more chatty than the riverbugs.

oh, and heres what I think the RV look like. their shape makes them easiest for the Ta'yawhans to infiltrate, as they are practically the same, insofar as the skeleton is concerned.

edit: more plans. basically, after the prometheus spends too much time in the new galaxy, Ta'Yawha himself sends another ship like the prometheus, only its called Chronos. While it is somewhat smaller, and it has a red dwarf instead of a blue giant (prometheus has the blue star, it pumps out the most antimatter of the three kinds), and is somehwhat less shiny (prometheus is the newest ship of its class), its still very powerful. Ta'yawha also sends a very large war fleet, however we defeat it, and prometheus returns to ta'yawha where lockjaw informs ta'yawha of the new allies.

In addition, the ta'yawhan empire is far larger than any of us think, having explored the entire 3 dimensional universe and even proving the theory that we are just a drop in the bucket when it comes to the omniverse (our area is a small patch of space in their fourth dimensional realm). it isnt even showing all of itself, and only a single arm of the government will be involved with the circular alliance incident.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:22 pm

ok ok, i will switch colors if its that bad lol. is this one better? i hope so, cause im writing a lot. as for physics breaking justification, i purposely stated this bit *before* we did anything with it. i also provided weaknesses and limitations to it, but i made the limitations easy to use(try to mess with a rift demon telepathically, and you just confuse yourself. MT probably even more so) and the weakness hard unless penney got so out of control that the human government had to step in and stop him. and that was my idea in fact, that it would take most of the human telepathic force to shut him off for a while, just in case we took the circuitry problems causing him to show off so much now where he didn't before into excess and he had to be restrained.

greywing probably knows about them, and the technomancers likely have them dredged up in some milinea old file somewhere back when the ta'yawhans were still new to the universe, but they just got overlooked for long enough to advance outside of known space. weve only seen a few of the TM, and they range across the universe, hardly meeting each other, so it would make sense that they don't all know what the others know. quite likely the new race got interested because, while they are powerful, they aren't going to be perfect, and the recent war tearing holes in space, also explaining the increased number of demons coming into being, would cause problems for the ta'yawhans that have colonized higher dimensions. if, say, one such hole opened up in one of their cities, they might wish to investigate what caused it. or the drastic increase in demonic numbers could have become a problem for them too, and they want to know why. a large empire like that won't all be together on anything. im thinking government my posterior, its probably some company or something in a race that has bred fast enough to be able to afford bigger ships with similar technology to everyone else. i wonder if its possible that they are some relative of the RV, but somehow left known space and began to breed and expand their influence faster than any other race could due to no other races to compete with. CC and RV are insectlike species, and would outnumber all the other races put together if they werent killing each other off at about the same rate that they are born. if so, then it would explain the similarity in appearance and in the use of gravitational technology. instead of fighting with each other for space, they just expanded outward and became powerful. when a few galaxies seems an insignificant amount of space to own, a ship like the prometheus would be financially feasible even for the less technologically advanced humans. it is quite possible that in the need for aditional space to support a growing population they colonized higher dimensions, having many of the same problems that any other race from the lower dimensions would have there. the cloak would be the best way to hide such a colony from rift demons and mith'ri'ael and warships like the prometheus would be required just to get anywhere in the higher dimensions without being destroyed by these same races. a ship that size would need something like an entire star powering it, and with the extra energy available from said star, the superweapon could be easily powered. to explain the hacking part, its probably corparate warfare gone to excess :p which is something that would happen often in an empire that large, where the government would find it impossible to control even one company, much less the many that it would take to support said empire. capitalism would reign over morality, and no law would suffice to prevent companies from trying to level the competition. the law may prevent open warfare, but electronic warfare would be harder to track down. i don't think we want to make them practically gods so much as on par with the circle and alliance. they have slight technological advantages in the superweapon(due to available power), dimensional traveling(necessity) and cloaking (also necessity) but the biggest advantage they have is numbers and resources. an economy that large could produce several of the prometheus easily if an individual had the finances to commision it. compare them to what many sci-fi seriess count humans as: everywhere, controlling each other all over the place, and can't agree with each other on much of anything. the advantages on the new alliance's side is the variety involved. with the gap bridged here, we can allow things like the mind virus or a legitimate terrornaught, combinations that the newer race will have never thought to fight. the mind virus could be a human joined to a ship like penney, designed specifically for hacking and telepathy. telepathy involved in anything would be completely new to the ta'yawhans and probably have a devastating effect on them. the terrornaught would utilize the XY parts for the same thing, but also the XY ability to convert matter and energy into each other. XY says oh well to the radiation from a star, and a small part of one gets shot through the shield and begins converting the hull into energy, not only is the boom from the energy released damaging, but so it the hole from the initial conversion. if focused, it could overload the star inside, and then there is a really big boom. or have TM use an XY as a focusing crystal for their electronic warfare, it should be much stronger. with the change from a few races joined into many, multi-race tactics should be favored over single race tactics.

im guessing that your sprites for the races are still all spore creatures? if so, then you might be carefull with it. not sure what the story is with the sopa crap right now, and i don't know if using images in a forum would be against it or not if it passes.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:27 pm

First of all, I am going to explain how their government works. At the top, is Ta'Yawha; this guy is morethan just the ring leader. the government is a theocracy, and Ta'Yawha is a living god to them. whoever his successor is, has his name changed to Ta'Yawha when he takes his place.

next below that are two almost completely different entities. one is military (led by the Emperor), the other is the economy (led by the President). Below them I havent really developed the government, however both sides occasionally meet. despite a short time of argument, either one side gets destroyed (usually the economic people) or things turn out good and they exchange. This is how the biological ships became traditional and also how come there's so little piracy: minimal opportunity for such things. while you are correct in the electronic warfare up the wazoo helping to make their ships nigh-unhackable, that isnt what makes them such wizards at coding. for one, their skills at DNA coding are incredible. thats how it is even possible to have a living ship wrapped around a moon-sized star. for another, telepathy aside, try hacking into my brain. you can't, because biological computers are unhackable. now, the xyloxis might be able to hack them-- but still, if they cant hack the caes'cix, they sure as friggen hell cant hack a ta'yawhan computer.

now, i can move on.

two, ta'yawhans actually came from another place. you know that sheet of paper theory? well, they originated from a whole nother universe-- they were still three dimensional, but where they came from, they had to get to the 6th dimension before finding us. they are interested because, well, even the ta'yawhans are interested in the unknown. they sent a ship to this universe, to figure out what's inside it. one common thing of all universes: if they arent a solid rock, they have life, and if they are a solid rock, one can become infinitely rich off of mining there. either way, exploring is very lucrative, because generally, either you get filthy rich off of the minerals you find in a rock universe, or you become rich for providing so much to science.

one of theirmethods of exploration is to go down to the 5th dimension (from the 6th) and send out a bunch of prometheus sized ships. these ships then either explore the 5th dimension or go down to the 4th dimension. these are prometheus sized; there are indeed only four ships designed with a star inside of them. then these ships send smaller ships down to the third dimension while exploring their area of the 4th dimension. Vegas was one of these scouts. when a ship has finished exploring the 4th dimension, it starts assisting the little probes. this is where the prometheus and its sister ship come in at. prometheus pops in, realizes that its too close to the life forms, prepares to exterminate any witnesses (so that it can cloak without anyone blaming it), but then the spy stops prometheus, stating that we are unworthy of extermination, and that destroying people this important would extinguish all life by way of interstellar war. This is what saved penney and counsel.

about the similarity between ta'yawhans and rivi'i, its like the similarity between the MT and the oceanic life forms that lack a spine; also note that the ta'yawhans are not buglike and dont have bug wings or an exoskeleton, but are similar in basic shape.

as for the matter of SOPA, if it gets passed, there will be civil war. if the government realizes this, SOPA wont pass. besides, I prefer not to view dark matters such as that. it... makes everything else seem so bitter.

oh, and your color is much better. thank you.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 418 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next