Trader

The trader provides players with the opportunity to turn one kind of item into another. The trader screen is unlocked for players that are level 18 or higher.

Click here to return to the HD3 overview page.
Click here to return to the manual index.

Trade options

The trader screen is split up in two large panels. In the top panel, 4 options are available and determine the kind of item that will be traded for (i.e. the kind of item that will be received by the player when trading) :

  • Cards : regular cards
  • Boost tokens : a currency used to create or modify combat boosts
  • Mercenary tokens : a currency used to hire or modify mercenaries
  • Offers : time-limited special offers

Choosing one of these options will update the bottom panel. The sections below will go into more detail on each panel.

Cards

The card trade panel offers up to 6 options, but not all of these are guaranteed to be present. The 3 options on the left side of the screen allow to turn boost tokens into cards, while the 3 options on the right allow to turn mercenary tokens into cards. For each token type, common, uncommon or elite cards can be chosen.
The cards one receives from these trades are limited to those that one doesn't have 4 copies of yet. As such, if a player has 4 copies of all possible elite cards, both the elite card options won't be available anymore.
The costs in boost tokens to receive common, uncommon, or elite cards are 400, 625, or 1000.
The costs in mercenary tokens to receive common, uncommon or elite cards are 100, 155 or 250.

Boost tokens

The boost token trade panel has 5 options, but not all of these are guaranteed to be present. There are 4 options (one for each of the 4 card rarities) to turn cards into boost tokens and one option to turn mercenary tokens into boost tokens.
The cards that are traded away are randomly picked from all cards of the chosen rarity that one has more than 4 copies of. If a player doesn't have more than 4 copies of any common card, the common card option will not be available.
For common, uncommon, elite, or legendary cards, players will receive 150, 250, 400, or 750 boost tokens.
10 mercenary tokens can be traded for 30 boost tokens.

Mercenary tokens

The mercenary token trade panel has 5 options, but not all of these are guaranteed to be present. There are 4 options (one for each of the 4 card rarities) to turn cards into mercenary tokens and one option to turn boost tokens into mercenary tokens.
The cards that are traded away are randomly picked from all cards of the chosen rarity that one has more than 4 copies of. If a player doesn't have more than 4 copies of any common card, the common card option will not be available.
For common, uncommon, elite, or legendary cards, players will receive 50, 80, 125, or 250 mercenary tokens.
60 boost tokens can be traded for 10 mercenary tokens.

Offers

The offers screen can contain up to 3 offers. These offers can contain a single card, combat boost, or mercenary card. Of each kind of offer, maximum one will be present at any given time.
A new (randomly generated) offer is created after every 3 duels a player wins (event ambush duels are not taken into account for this). An offer will be available for 9 wins. Offers will dissapear once they are accepted, thus offers can only be accepted once. Accepting an offer does not influence the duration until another offer is created.
The cost of offers varies and will depend on the rarity of the card or mercenary, or the score of the combat boost. The cost will also always be a combination of mercenary and boost tokens.
Card offers have 20% chance of being common, 60% chance of being uncommon and 20% of being elite.
The score of generated boosts is fully random.
Mercenary offers have 60% chance of being common, 30% chance of being uncommon and 10% of being elite.

Advertisement